The Being Sick of / Benching of Kerry Rhodes thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Nov 15, 2009.

?

Does Kerry Rhodes want to be a great football player?

Poll closed Dec 6, 2009.
  1. Yes, he is working hard, but the big plays are just not happening.

59 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. No, he has used the NFL to make money and become popular.

186 vote(s)
    75.9%
  1. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure i hate kerry rhodes more than any other football player in the league. he got burned by the TE on the last drive so bad it was almost comical. i sit right on that goal line and watched it up close. i couldnt stop screaming at him afterwards. with the uncapped year coming up, i say send this fool packing. send him somewhere terrible like oakland or KC or cleveland.

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I always thought Kerry was one of the biggest pussys at the safety position. He never hits anyone hard...I mean for a player at the safety position you never get a play where Kerry just smacks a receiver over the middle. I always hated that about him since those are opportunities to force a fumble etc.

However, what he lacked in hard hitting he made up for by making a few sacks, and his strongest suit plays on the ball (Interceptions, tipped passes/broken up passes)

Now he is pretty much useless though...

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Most overpaid Jet after Gholston. Hands down.

4. BamaPlaya59

BamaPlaya59 New Member

Kerry!!!

Everybody Talkin About How Bad Kerry's Been When In All Actulity He's Not Been Bad......he Have Made Big Plays Jus Not In The Way U Guys Want Him To! Now Where The Hell Has Bart Scott Been?? You Guys Bash Kerry All The Time But Bart Scott Hasn't Done Nothin But Miss Key Tackles All Year! If U Gone Down Somebody Look At The Big Picture!!

5. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I really wish Kerry would get it together. He's not bad, but he's not worth what he's getting paid either.

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Did you use your Optimus Prime voice changer?
    Holy shit. Are you 8 years old?

7. BamaPlaya59

BamaPlaya59 New Member

Da Realist

Null......ya'll Just B Talkin Bull Shit Man!!!! And Half Of Ya'll Dont Know Shit About Football!!!!!!

8. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

What? (filler)

9. BamaPlaya59

BamaPlaya59 New Member

Im Talkin About Some Of These Fans...........they Claim To Be Real Fans!!! Instead Of Bitchin All Da Time They Should Try N Support The Players.......btichin Aint Gone Change Nothin

10. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I Agree With You Completely.......... These Bitches Just Dont Support Our Team Enough........... Need To Learn To Ignore Logic And Blindly Defend Players N Stuff Like We Do..............

Edit: Had to add more periods after each sentence three was just not enough.

#130 The Jutty, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You should stop sticking your head in the microwave.

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Hate the game, not the microwave. Sucka.

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

This guy is most likely Kerry Rhodes himself. They talk and spell words exactly the same, he's from Alabama, and he's being hypocritical. He's saying to support the players, but he is also throwing Bart Scott under the bus.

#133 Steve032, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  14. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Hi Bama. Just a friendly word of warning - you are going to get banned very quickly if this goes on. And capitalising the first letter of each word is time-consuming, pointless and makes you look silly.

Welcome to the board.

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Hi Kerry. Fans get upset, it happens, deal with it. If the team was winning you wouldn't see so much of this. Try to focus on beating New England and people will be a lot happier. Good luck.

16. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

LIKE OMG!!! Are you really from the ghetto?

17. HOI

HOI Active Member

Clowney...is that you?

18. HOI

HOI Active Member

Banks had a good point about Kerry during Joe and Evan last week. He was saying that Kerry COULD be a great player but it seems as though he is satisfied with just being ok/good. Banks actually went on to question his dedication and work ethic.

I have to agree. With all his tweeting, tv shows, and selling suits with Steve Smith bullshit you gotta wonder where his head is.

19. W/ all the talk Rhodes does and w/ all the hype Rex did for him before the season...the criticism is understandable.

But I've explained on MANY occassions that anyone who thinks Rhodes is going to be a Reed/Polamalu/Sanders type is going to end up very dissapointed. He just isn't that style of player.

Rhodes is a classic deep safety "over the top" type. He's great at assisting in taking big time Wr's out of the picture and eliminating the big play. Now that can be and has been an extremely valueable commodity. But he's not gonna fly all over the field making jaw breaking plays, or light too many guys up at the line of scrimmage...he just doesnt have those type of instincts.

Now the last game...he didn't do his job well. he let Tight ends get behind him and create big plays. He had a very lousy game. W/ that said..some of you have been bitching for him to be Ed Reed for years now...and it's time to face reality and stop w/ these ridiculous expectations. When Rhodes is at the top of his game..he is extremely valueable in his role. In fact..the arguement can be made that the Sanders/Polamalu/Reed's of the world are not as good at being a deep safety as Rhodes...at the top of his game..he's the best in the business in that role(w/ the exception of darren sharper).

20. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I think if he simply made the plays he was making in 06 and to a lesser extent 07 we'd be satisfied.