The Being Sick of / Benching of Kerry Rhodes thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Nov 15, 2009.

?

Does Kerry Rhodes want to be a great football player?

Poll closed Dec 6, 2009.
  1. Yes, he is working hard, but the big plays are just not happening.

59 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. No, he has used the NFL to make money and become popular.

186 vote(s)
    75.9%
  1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

That is correct. I don't think Revis would have been able to stop him short without Rhodes coming in to help, but I wouldn't consider that a great play for Rhodea at all.

2. Gman

Gman New Member

Was at the game yesterday. Was wondering if anyone else saw Leonard screaming at rhodes, clapping his hands at him on the final pass play leading up to the game winning FG? Jax shifted, Leonard shifted, rhodes stayed put. The middle was wide open. Leonard was trying to tell Rhodes to move over.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I saw that too-

I left yesterdays game being pissed at only one player, and it was Kerry.

If he grew a pair on any of those game ending passes we would've won.

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Rhodes is not having a good year. End of story. Too much talk and no action. I think it was really a few years ago that he actually was playing well.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

He was moving him to the spot Lewis eventually wound up catching the ball at.

6. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

This guy is supposed to be on a ED Reed Level? lol This guy isn't on an Erik Coleman level. I'm tired of seeing it game in and game out, he gives up a big play, puts his hands up and looks around as if it was somebody elses zone.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If you want to answer who is an overrated Jet player, I guess from this thread you'd have to say Rhodes used to be the answer, but now he's just a formerly overrated player. Sad, really.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I had field seats and he had his head in his ass the entire game he needs to wake the f up. He had 2-3 plays with potential interception, but he just stood around thinking the play was over.

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Kerry Rhodes latest tweet

@SmokedOutNYJ lol boy please me getting beat over top? I kno u don't watch football. But thx 4 ur input!

10. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

yea, to bad 80,000 witnessed it at the Meadowlands Sunday, fuck this jerkoff

11. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I dont believe he is using the NFL to make money and become popular either...because he sucks at both.

Rhodes is the typical player on the Jet roster that forced Ryan to shed tears. Here is a coach that has spent the better part of a 4 months telling anyone that would listen that this is a "great roster".

Yet, the roster let him down. I dont blame Ryan for shedding tears..in fact I like a coach that wants it that badly. I blame him for telling us..and anyone else that would listen..that his roster was "great" before anyone of these overrated fools achieved a single God damn thing.

I hear Rex may call out to Parcells for advise...Im sure the first thing they discuss..well perhaps the second thing after their favorite fast food joints..would be "Rex...being a players coach doesnt mean you give them greatness before they wear a ring".

There are a number of guys on this roster that love to talk about how bad they are...well..they are pretty bad alright.

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Come on, guys, leave him alone. It's really hard to maintain a Twitter account with the proper amount of attention, complete with company advertisements and still read a tone of independent film scripts to find that one, great, minor part of the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend-beating drug dealer that gets about 2 minutes of screen time yet still needs to be rehearsed in front of the mirror while flexing the entire time. Eventually something has to give, like watching game film or staying awake in meetings.

Seriously, fuck him. Eric Berry/Taylor Mays 1st round!

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

I am sick with the flu.

14. jaywayne12

and another thing...I pray the NFL forces twitter to be shaped like a dildo..and demands any player that uses it to talk any shit must force it straight up their ass.

twitter accounts...give me a f'in break. It reminds of me of hollywood actors who like to talk politics. Shut the f up and perform.

15. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I think he stopped the Jones Drew touchdown with :20 seconds left on the goal line.

16. jaywayne12

God....this has me all pissed off now.

The problem with the NFL is that there are so few great head coaches that get it. Unless you have a truly incredible qb (Mr Dungy..say ty to Mr Manning...BB..bend over while TB has his way with you)...there is not much middle of the road.

I guess a truly great coach would be if Ryan were to have sex with Mangini. If Herm would have sex with BB (and produce offsprings..not just to hear they had sex of course). That would take about 30 years and I would be dead anyway.

Thats why I always loved Parcells...a players coach who was a world class prick.

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

If anyone listened to Steve Summers last night (Monday night, the 16th), I called in at around 12:30am or so to bitch about Rhodes haha.

18. Kenny

Kenny New Member

it was more revis which rex made it a point to give him props at his press confrence

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Where are the other survey options?

20. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

How come no one as an inherent passion for beer around here?