Bills fire Jauron

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Big Derty, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09...emplate=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
    The Buffalo Bills have fired coach Dick Jauron, a team source told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora.

Defensive coordinator Fewell Perry is expected to become the Bills' interim head coach, a Bills source told NFL.com's Vic Carucci.

In just short of four seasons with the Bills, Jauron compiled a record of 24-33 (.421 winning percentage). The Bills failed to make the playoffs in each season under Jauron. Buffalo has not made the playoffs since 1999, the longest active streak for a non-expansion team.

On Monday, defensive end Aaron Schobel questioned the Bills' lack of direction with seven games remaining in their season.

"It's embarrassing," said Schobel, the longest-tenured player on the Bills roster, a day after a 41-17 loss at Tennessee dropped Buffalo's record to 3-6. "I mean, we're technically, mathematically still in it, I guess, but it's like what ... are we doing here?"

Speaking within earshot of several Bills officials near the entrance of the locker room, Schobel expressed his frustration, but stopped short in explaining what he thinks the franchise's problems are by saying: "That's about all I can say without saying what I want to say."

Receiver Terrell Owens was also upset following the latest loss during which he had an animated exchange with several coaches on the sideline.

They should be in enough disarray that at least we can lock in one more W this season.

Edit: I dont read any other forums, I figure being in the division and all this is Jets related enough. If not - I guess one of the mods should move it.

2. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Remember we never win the games were suppose to. I'm not counting out anybody

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You talkin' about the Giants?

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

how the fuck did we lose to the Bills.....

5. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Well played!

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

He's a Saints fan, duhhh.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Dirty played like he had no arms

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

even then....we should've won this game.

the Bills loss has stung the worst out of all the losses thus far....for me anyway.

9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Oh snap!:up:

10. In TB We Trust

In TB We Trust New Member

Ok, so maybe I was wrong. You guys can win 1 more game this season. At least you have December 3rd to look forward to....

11. Bretschi

Bretschi Member

Dick Jauron fired!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8144712f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

First coach fired this season.
    Too bad he is not there anymore in the rematch against the Jets.

12. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

who didn't see this coming

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Bills will probably play tougher now that Jauron is gone. He is cancer as a head coach. I'm sorry to see him leave the Bills, honestly.

14. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Oh man, I just heard about this from a friend. This must be pretty breaking news because it's not even on ESPN.com yet. I figured this was coming. I also heard that Trent Edwards is officially getting benched.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yeah....no shit.

When Jauron was head coach....I only worried about the Jets beating themselves....if the Bills hire a real coach now....like Shanahan for instance....the Bills will actually be a threat.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think the Bills and the Redskins will both end up hiring one of the high profile greybeard HC candidates because they both get a head start on the coaching search. We may end up seeing Mangini get dumped during the regular season because Cleveland will start to panic when 2 of their candidates for 2010 are gone already. This is shaping up to be a pretty interesting NFL product off the field.

17. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

He should have been fired right after he said that he no problem with McKelvin taking the ball out of the end zone in game 1 vs the Pats.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Funny that Adam Schefter isn't breaking these stories anymore.

19. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

DIE TROLL SCUM

20. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

THIS is the way to do it....after MANY years of mediocrity, then you can legitimately can someone. Some folks saying that Rex might be/should be canned if we have a bad season are smokin' something I don't want any part of