Pull Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 15, 2009.

1. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The bottom line is we drafted Sanchez and we are stuck with him for the next few years. With that said Clemens went 3-4 with two linemen who were a revolving door and who are no longer in football with Wallace Wright and Brad Smith as receivers in games and he could have gone 5-2 if not for our mistakes. He was not given the best defense in Football, one of the best lines in Football and best running attacks in the game. WIth that said in his first Nlf action he had the old ravens REX RYAN's Defense back peddling but because he is not the pretty boy media draw Psl selling type he gets screwed. Like it or not we have the Mark Sanchez era and that is it. CLemens was basically a rookie Qb and did not do half the s**id s**t Sanchez does each week.

2. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

once again though, why didn't he outplay Sanchez during TC when they BOTH were on the same level, with the same personnel packages, and the same Oline? Ties go to the high-priced rookie plain and simple. KC had his chance this off-season to prove what he could do with the high-quality first team and he didn't show the coaching staff enough. We weren't there through all the meetings and closed practices, we we just have to trust the coach's assessment that KC simply wasn't that much of a better option.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

There's no arguing the pressure that is being applied to Sanchez is far more than Manning had when he was drafted, just because of the big market the team plays in.

I don't see a lot of what you are talking about with people in the NFL not thinking he can play in the NFL. Most of the analysis I have seen about him alludes mainly to his possession of a very good skillset to translate to the pro level. The knock was his experience, and we are seeing that right now.

But I've seen plenty of flashes from this guy that promised poise, a short memory and clutch QB play at times. I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that this guy is going to realize most of that potential this season, but I want to see some improvements.

Yesterday, after both of the needless interceptions that were definitely the QB's fault, Sanchez came back fighting each time. He was shaken during the Bills game with plays like that, but he didn't revert to that after either of the picks yesterday. It's a pretty small thing to come away with, but it's an improvement. It shows a short memory already.

He's doing a lot of rookie stuff right now, and most of it is correctable. This was meant to be his developmental year and I want to see how he's playing at the end of the year and, more importantly, the beginning of 2010 before I decide if I am really seeing flashes of a future top NFL QB or just one of those guys that can't get everything together at this level. He's still young.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Sanchez is the one thing I am ok with. He's playing better then i ever expected. He's a freakin rookie. He's holding onto the ball to long.... etc... that's the deal. The one thing we need to accomplish is to get Sanchez through the season so he's better next year.

5. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

New coach and a rookie QB. That takes time, and it takes an entire year to build on. Give it time, and I am fine with Sanchez as the QB. We just need to build around him, and get the Defense going again.

6. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The day Sanchez was drafted he had no chance. The only way he plays and gets a shot is if Sanchez breaks his leg and that is the reality of the situation.

7. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Jets are not a playoff team this year. He needs to get all the reps he can this year. I don't think he would learn much from watching Clemens play. I believe strongly that he is our QB for the future. Let him learn from his own mistakes. I think he will be better off in the long rum.

8. KSJets

KSJets New Member

He's probably talking about fans, like himself, who think they know more than people in the NFL, so they include themselves as "people in the NFL" :wink:

9. KSJets

KSJets New Member

No, he did worse.

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

nobody read the post....

i was talking about for 2 drives in a game lol this is getting blown way out of proportion and perspective

11. TurkJetFan

for the record clemens had a 10x worse team around him and pulled the same numbers

12. KSJets

KSJets New Member

The most popular player on a team that's losing is always the backup QB. I'd like to think some people are smarter than they're showing in this thread...

13. TurkJetFan

does reading the original post count as smart?

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

If Clemens had a chance of leading this team, Tannebaum would not have traded for Favre or traded up for Sanchez in the draft. Clemens is shaky and has no feel for the pass rush. He was stripped by a pass-rusher coming from his front side and he didn't see it. He. Is. Not. A. Starting. Quarterback.

15. rcali2524

rcali2524 New Member

just end these dumbass threads. The team is loosing games from breakdowns as a whole unit not from one person. Every game we lost is our own faults not teams out playing us. It'll get better hopefully, just stand behind the team if not don't come around starting dumbass threads.

16. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I did and the OP's idea is one of the most retarded ideas I've ever read on this board. Teams don't sit a QB for a series or two and then put him back in. It's just a stupid idea.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

No one is calling Sanchez a bust, yet there are some Jets fans that want to bench him during his first developmental year and put our games in the hands of a QB that will NEVER be our starting QB.

We'll be in no better position with Clemens (maybe even worse), and benching him to "send a message" will do more harm than good.

Give it a rest already.

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Nobody ahd to read the post. This is not Jamarcus russle that never does anthing well. Sanchez is making strides. Pulling him sends the wrong message to him and to the team. It would be about the dumbest thing that this coaching staff has ever done and thats saying alot. Stupid fucking idea.

19. KSJets

KSJets New Member

The problem is that people had way too high of expectations for this year. People looked at what happened last year with Harbaugh/Flacco and Smith/Ryan and the success that they had and figured, if two rookie coaches/QBs can be successful one year, then it has to happen again with us. Then we started out 3-0 and that just solidified peoples' expectations.

People acting surprised there were bumps in the road this season were just not being realistic.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

people who want Clemens to do well are hysterical because when he gets in the game they'll be screaming for Sanchez to return.