Biggest Need?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RAGINGVILMA, Nov 16, 2009.

1. RAGINGVILMA

RAGINGVILMA New Member

Hey guys,
    I wanted to get your thoughts on what we need most. I think its beef on the D-line. Jenkins will be back and Ellis is decent at best in the 3-4. But now with Jenks out you can see how bad the line really is. Douglas is just a body basically to throw out there since we didnt have anyone decent to replace coleman. Also a OLB, with vernon not panning out I think we need a olb who can consistenly rush the passer without blitzing.

All good 3-4 teams have one, Ware, Merriman before injury, Harrison, Woodley, Dumerville. Pace is good but he literally has nothing at the opposing OLB spot helping him. BT doesnt cut it for me. So I think if we can draft a guy like Terrence Cody who is a kid version of Jenkins and should be where we draft and pick up a OLB via free agency like Doomerville or draft one in the 2nd that should really improve this team. We have the skill players on D like Revis, Rhodes Harris but we need more Beef and Codys like hes a perfect fit.

2. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

1. offensive coordinator
    2. nose tackle
    3. cornerback
    4. free safety

3. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Another bye week.

4. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Biggest need- wins.

5. RAGINGVILMA

RAGINGVILMA New Member

Sanchez is making so many rookie mistakes, you really cant think this team is going anywhere this year. He has terrible mistakes and good plays as well. I think the best thing we can hope for is to see him improve and be good next year.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

beat me to it.

biggest need - Pro Bowl caliber players (except Mangold & Revis)

7. Turnbub

Turnbub New Member

D-Line: I tried to figure out what kind of front the Jets played yesterday and it appeared to be a 4-3 or 5-2 for that matter, I guess in an effort to shore up the run defense. I think some guys like Douglas & Devito and Pouha played admirably, but they were not able to make impact plays on their own, they needed a lot of help from LB's, Blitzing schemes, etc. Without Jenkins the Jets can't play a 3-4 effectively. And it shows up on the rest of the Defense with the secondary trying to play up on the run, LB's unable to play the pass. An effective DT or DE frees up the rest of the players to, well, make plays IMO.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

D-line depth and players who aren't idiots

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Healthy players is a start.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets biggest needs at the moment are a run-stuffing NT, a pass-rushing ROLB, a pass-protecting LG and an offensive coordinator who is focused solely on getting results and not necessarily on how it looks in the end.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

fan patience

myself included.

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Can you imagine getting Cody and occasionally having he and Jenkins in at the same time? The two of them could occupy the entire OL.

13. Tmchugh1

Tmchugh1 New Member

I want a player who loves football and is very passionate about the game someone like dawkins, or ray lewis at one of position spots of need

14. Tmchugh1

Tmchugh1 New Member

How come no body talks about ahmad carrol being a bust the kid was a top 25 pick, i understand we didnt draft him can this player corner at all green bay didnt draft someone in the first round to play specials teams and he is still a young guy?

15. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Ahmad Carroll had a hard time learning how to play zone while at Arkansas.

I don't think he understands the concept to this day.

Biggest need? Consistency from Sanchez. Don't count on it, though. If you aren't paying attention, then you wouldn't know that the Ice is melting down in ATL.

16. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

speaking of which:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/11/defensive-line-coach-is-a-gone.html

Defensive line coach is a goner ?
    BY RICH CIMINI

Defensive line coach Kerry Locklin has left the team for personal reasons, according to a person familiar with the team. It was a mutual decision between Locklin and Rex Ryan, the person said, but this sounds a bit fishy. Ryan made no mention of Locklin's departure during his late-afternoon news conference.

It's believed that Ryan had a disagreement with Locklin, but the specifics aren't clear. No word yet on who will replace Locklin. He and Ryan have known each other for nearly 20 years. They coached together at Morehead State from 1990-1993.

What do you think happened here??

17. benjetin

benjetin New Member

A good stop for a win

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

a new defensive line coach.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

#1 - get rid of Shotty. He's out thinking himself. We should be playing "Keep It Simple Stupid" football with a rookie QB, not the exotic shit he's trying to pull off.

#2 - Sanchez to mature as an NFL player. This takes time. Nothing we can do about it. Its great to have the young franchise QB with potential. Now we need him to reach it. Doing #1 will help that along.

#3 A tackling clinic. Watch the games again. we are missing alot on defense lately. This is on the coaches and players and is completely unacceptable.

#4 - Oline. Woody and Faneca are aging fast on us.

#5 - A second hard nosed play making safty. Leonhard can not do it all alone and Rhodes looks almost disinterested on most plays. He has the skills but is not producing up to expectations.

#6 D-line and OLB depth. D-line to be stout space eating types. OLBS need to be edge rushers.

#7 A fullback younger than me. Not the Tony R is bad, but how much longer can he do it for?

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

When you really look at it, we need help everywhere. Funny how I looked at this team beofe the year started and thought we were pretty damn solid. I would say the D line is the biggest disaster at this point. I think the second poorest performance from this team this year has been from the head coach.