Beat the New England Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeJet, Nov 16, 2009.

1. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Hes gonna be hearing crap all week about that one call last night. With the Jets coming to town, he will be looking to end our season and move on from the Indy fiasco. Im just hoping they dont hang 30 points on us.

2. kromix

kromix New Member

As much as I hate the jets I really hope you can win against NE for us...

Go JETS! (first time saying this in a longggg time, if ever.)

Let me do the chant too cause I never get to..

how is it?

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

3. stanner

stanner Member

you're a natural.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Sadly I don't see this happening. We're 1-5 in our last 6 games with the one win coming against the lowly Raiders. The Patriots look like a top AFC team as usual.

5. kromix

kromix New Member

I could get used to this...

Someone send me a jersey that I can wear for the NE vs Jets game...

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I am so fucking sick of losing these games like this.

3 games in a row, 3 HOME games in a row end in this same last minute BS. I fucking hate it.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Only thing we may have going for us is a deflated and pissed off patriots defense who thinks their coach doesnt believe in them

8. kromix

kromix New Member

Poeman,

I don't think you have that going for you..

I think the pats are 19-0 in games after a loss... They don't like losing more than 1 in a row.

9. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Well we have a team that doesn't believe in it's coach and a coach who seems as if he's losing confidence in his team.

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I hate the Pats and would love to see this team with a chance to at least go 8 and 8 with a rookie HC and QB. A loss this week and this team could end up looking like one of the worst teams in the NFL at the end of the season.

11. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

If anybody thinks that we will beat NE next week in their house, my advice is to stop smoking crack.

This team is NOT playoff bound, this year or next. NE will rip us to shreds next week and will leave us on target for a great 5-11 season.

Stop making predictions like...if we win next week, if we beat NE, we can beat TB, we can beat the Bills, we can beat Carolina...one thing for sure, WE CAN'T DO SHIT! WE SUCK.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i don't think that can be their streak considering the jets beat them in 06 which was their 2nd consecutive loss.

unless that's the new streak.

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I don't see how it's realistic, but I desperately want to beat NE. If we don't win another game this year afterward, just beat the Pats. Please.

14. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

Two things:

1. The Pats WILL eventually lose 2 games in a row. It is a statistical certainty. Why not this week?

2. The Jets actually do match up well against the Pats. The Pats strength is in their offense, the Jets is defense. Particularly pass defense. The Pats have a sub-par rushing game. Therefore, they pass more. This plays to the Jets strengths. It allows us to utilize our pass rush more, blitz more, and knock Brady around, which is clearly how you beat him. This was evident in the Super Bowl when the Giants were all over him, also in the first Jets-Pats game this year, and last night when Mathis and Freeney started getting in his face, the Pats offense stalled. Also, with Revis being a shut down corner and Sheppard/Strickland doing a good job on the other side, if the Jets can generate a solid pass rush, they have a good chance of derailing the Pats Offense. After that, the Jets need to run the ball well on Offense and not make stupid mistakes on ST and they have a good chance of winning. Not a sure thing, mind you, but no game ever is in the NFL.

15. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

If anyone can do it, we can, as the poster before you mentioned:

In 2006

Nov 05 IND 27 @ NE 20
    Nov 12 NYJ 17 @ NE 14

16. kromix

kromix New Member

hah thats funny in 2006 they lost to the colts then to you...

fastforward to today they just lost to the colts, hopefully you can repeat 2006 for them :p

go jets **vomit**

17. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

While I'd be ecstatic if we somehow came up with the upset, and that would put us right back in the playoff race, I strongly doubt it will happen. The Jets have shown me nothing since week 3 for me to think they can beat the pats in foxboro. But hey, we always seem to play the pats tough on the road, any given sunday still applies.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The Jets probably need to win six of their next seven to make the playoffs. Realistically.

Yet they have just lost five of their last six.

A win to bring them to 5-5 does not put them "right back into the playoff race" unless you think a single win will be followed by winning five of their next six.

Yesterday's loss was a playoff killer. Denial is not a good thing.

Wait until next year to talk about the playoffs. This year is more for the mundane task of hoping to win this game or that, and the increasingly dreary prospect of assessing who should go, stay and who else the team should get.

19. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I actually think we will play the Patriots well. We seem to play up to the opponents we are facing (we beat the Pats and played the Saints well this year). However, this does not mean I think we will win this game. I just think it could very easily be a 3 point game either way and not the blowout a lot of people on here are expecting.

20. HOI

HOI Active Member

Sorry I had to do it...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE[/YOUTUBE]