Braylon "Soap Hands" Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Even w/ my previous post what everyone fails to realize is that even if he DID catch the 2 pt...

the JAGS would have scored a TD and won anyway!!!!!

They chose to kick the FG and win the game when MJD had a TD remember?

Our D was to blame ...EOS!

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The red zone defense would have been different there...Ill give you the other stuff. But the Jets could have forced them to a FG, because they wouldnt have allowed Jones Drew to just go into the endzone

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

That's easy to believe and I would actually agree w/ you but the fact that our D was NOT stopping anything on that last drive would make me still question that outcome

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The drive changes completely if they need a TD. You can't assume they march down the field in the same manner. Running is basically out as they need a TD not a FG and the pressure becomes much greater needing a TD rather than a FG.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Even the great Keyshawn "throw me the damn ball" Johnson could never catch the passes that Wayne "3rd down crown" Chrebet caught on a regular basis.

Big men like Braylon are highlighted when they make a highlight catch, which are rare, thus the term 'highlight'.

dummies.

/thread

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's funny how time makes people forget. Chrebet caught alot of big passes but he dropped alot too. Just off the top of my head he cost us the Cle and Chi games in 2002, he had a huge drop in the '02 playoff loss at Oak, he dropped a potential tying TD at Indy '99.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Stupid thread-

I bet you were waiting to post this since we got him, you couldn't wait to use soap hands.

Extremely clever I might add. :up:

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. This guy is as advertised, he drops balls and fumbles. That failed 2 point conversion was huge, sorry, that changed the whole game and the fumble was a game changer. He's know Burress, that's for sure. I would not offer him a long term contract.

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Without him we aren't in position to win in the first place.

You guys aren't this slow are you??

WE had the lead and the "D" couldn't stop the Jags, and that's it.

GOOD LORD!!

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I am sorry, but am I the only guy who sees edwards has been a dominant force when we get him the ball? I mean when is the last time we have had a receiver with the physical skill set he has? Keyshawn. How many years have we been clamoring for an Edwards type? since the day after Key left.

I am glad Edwards is here, and we need to get him under contract ASAP. The guy will be great for Sanchez development, and will give us the chance to be a great offensive team very soon!

11. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

No offense but this is the stupidest comment I have heard in a while. If you hold your breath everytime the ball is thrown to Edwards after ALL the incredible catches he has made already this year you are crazy. The guy has a catch on a 2 point conversion knocked out of his hands by a big hit and suddenly he is a loser. PULL URSELF TOGETHER!

Sanchez needs to hit edwards on time there and that is a catch. He was wide open for a while in the EZ.

#51 thejetsaddict, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  12. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

+1000000 these guys slaughtering him for no reason need to get a grip.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We certainly could have but our D has a track record that says they wouldn't have.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this one. First the Jets hardly throw him the ball as they fall behind 21-10.

It's not Edwards's fault the Jets lost. Please...

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

what a garbage thread.

16. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Exactly! I read all these threads wanting to hang this loss on the offense, players, play calling, etc.... except for the 3rd qtr, the Jags offense had there way with us. Our offense was average at best, but our defense today was sloppy and one step behind. After watching the Pats lose last nite and with all the heat BB is gonna be catching with that bone-headed 4&2 call, I hope our guys get their shit together so we dont have a nightmare at Foxboro.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Edwards shouldn't have jumped so high to catch that pass, all he had to do was reach up and snatch it. He sometimes plays like he doesn't want to get hit. When he is in the air, he's fearless, but he plays with less confidence when his feet are on the ground. If that makes any sense.

18. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Shitty thread.

Braylon Edwards is a GAMER. Since coming here he's done nothing but make incredible catches and prove to be a legit threat. I can definitely live with that fumble because he was trying to make a play for our at the time very vanilla offense.

19. kromix

kromix New Member

Braylon is not as bad as you guys are making him out, you want to see bad WR's watch some more Dolphins game other than the two that we swept you in (sorry for the shameless taunt), we have the shittiest receivers in the league. And braylon would be our #1 ....

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I actually loved the trade for Edwards...But all I am saying is, he could have made a difference on those plays there.
    The guy who should be killed for yesterday was Kerry Rhodes.