Pull Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 15, 2009.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm not going to read this whole POS thread.

Can't pull Sanchez now. Season's gone...have to leave him in there to learn.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

where can i find those stats?

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

speaking of the final FG. Braylon jumped over the LS, but he couldn't land and take off towards the ball. i thought he actually had a chance.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Those #s are most likely very skewed due to his 2 awful games. Take those 2 games away and he's had a good year- really good year.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I agree. He's put the team in position to win every game except for the saints and Bills game. And the bills game was a FG away if not for weatherford's mess up.

I just want to know if Bradway has a site that has all of that info. I'm fascinated by that stuff.

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

As much as I want to punch Sanchez in the throat, Kellen Clemens and Erik Ainge are not better options and we gave this guy $50 million. He gets 3 or 4 years to show what kind of player he is.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

TURK I agree with you---------I said it yesterday during the game and the guys sitting near me agreed. They did not have to pull him for the whole game,,,but his decisions are taking wayyyyyyyy too long. "Everyone is covered? " Let me tell you something the very first play was well underthrown to Cotchery--it was a good call but a very bad throw.I would have had him roll to his right to make it an easier throw but that should have been a big play... Then the long ball that he threw long to Edwards OUTTA THE ENDZONE WAS WAY OVERTHROWN AND Edwards was wide open and had the defenders beat--but Sanchez threw it wayyyyyyyyyyyy to late.Also he threw a couple in the flat that were wayyyyyyy too late, that balls gotta be outta his hands quickly so defenders cannot react, it happened on a screen or 2 also. This said I know they also drop some balls, yes---but when we keep puting this kid in 3rd and longs because we run it on 1st and 2nd down, because they won't let him throw it at times,, thats just no damn good.The smart move at times is to let the kid takle a breath--yesterday was one of those times

8. takrew

takrew New Member

I don't think the season is lost just yet--- but I agree with GQSanchez--- you went with a rookie out of the gate, then stick with him and let him learn. Remember folks, Aikman was 1-15 in year 1 too....

9. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

No reason to even consider pulling him now. The last 7 games are all about getting him up to speed for next year. We should probably throw 60-65% of the time the rest of the way out. Again, nothing left to accomplish this year except getting Sanchez up to speed. If we can't get that accomplished, next several years are lost.

10. HOI

HOI Active Member

How the fuck are you supposed to bench your starting QB when you're only down by 8?

What the fuck is wrong with some people?!?!?

11. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Personally I'm all for starting Clemens. Sanchez can learn on the sidelines and it looks like maybe he needs it. Sanchez decision making is absolutely horrible. He doesn't find recievers till its to late, till the coverage is adjusted. Three plays were just unacceptable. Braylon Edwards was wide open on a huge blown coverage by the Jags, Sanchez escapes the pocket and had around seven seconds to look and still never sees Edwards and then tries to throw it away and it almost gets picked... The pass to Dustin where it went off his fingertips and gets rocked, if he hits Dustin when he makes his cut Dustin can probably run 15 yards before anyone comes into the picture. Then another PA rollout to Dustin, Dustin is open right off the line but Sanchez holds it, holds it then throws it and by that time the OLB is there and Dustin gets rocked. Could of been a 6 yard gain but instead ZERo. His decision making is getting worse... Clemens can't be any worse. I'd persoanlly like to see what he can do....

12. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

I know Sanchez is a rookie, and his struggles are understandable, but you are completely delusional if you think Snachez has done well for us this year (not for a rookie but in absolute sense). His QB ranking near the bottom of entire League: 27th. It cannot get much worse really if you look at the starting NFL QBs. And QB's job is not to put team in position to win, it is actually win. If he does slightly better against Jags or against Bills, we win both games. If he finishes that last drive against Miami, we win. If he does not do horrible against NO, we have a great chance there. Even against lowly Tennessee he was bailed out by special teams, when he could not move the ball at all. Look, Mark is a rookie, and now that we have only theoretical chance for play-offs, he should not be pulled. Let him learn. But to even suggest he has done well overall this year is delirious. If we had a QB who is even middle of the pack, unlike 27th rated, we are leading the division right now.

13. HOI

HOI Active Member

Thats it I'm fucking done with this thread. There is no talking sense to some of you people.

when Sanchez left the field yesterday the Jets were winning!! Assholes!!! When you have a team that you claim is a top defense you have to go out and stop David fucking Garrard from putting together an 87 yard drive in 5 minutes.

Sanchez didnt get run over by the wildcat in Miami, he didnt fuck up 2 kick off returns. Buffalo and NO are clearly on him...everything else...not so much.

Fuck it...there was a kid in section 17D yesterday throwing some pretty tight spirals. Lets get his ass some pads...what the hell.

#193 HOI, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The truth is there's pretty much zero chance this CS pulls Sanchez. Rex has even said they sink or swim together.

The picks and contract tied up with him are so much that it will take years for the Jets to recover if he doesn't work out.

I think Clemens has been on the whole treated rather badly by the Jets, but I also have zero confidence in his ability to earn the starting spot on his merits. He may even be the slightly better Qb right now - I agree that Sanchez has at least so far shown no real overall improvement in his game. His passes are erratic and there are too many underthrown balls, too much time holding the ball looking for a receiver. He has no flow, and does not inspire confidence.

But, the conventional wisdom is that you can't take him out right now. That is part of the deal that went along with starting him. He stays in there, barring some real meltdown.

15. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Don't forget that short pass to Jones, where he was wide open for an east TD, and Mark missed him under pressure. I know he was hurried, but a decent NFL QB is still expected to hit a wide open receiver who is standing about 5 yards away. With that said, I am not convinced Clemens can do much better, and even if he can, I don't think he can do enough to get us to play-offs. The best thing to do now is let Sanchez learn. If we somehow are able to finish 8-8, avoid losing record with him as a starter, this learning experience could do wonders for him for next year. Now, if he plays like that next year, that's a different story...

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The Bills played a poor game and still won.

I don't understand how you came to your pov about Sanchez. He's not playing well.

17. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

You are acting like a child. We should have been ahead by more than a point when he left the field. Edwards was open for an hour before Sanchez finally found him for a 2 point conversion, when defense already closed in and hit the ball from his hands. He passes 3/10th of a second earlier, and we are up by 3. You can't count on defense all the time. QB needs to do better than 50 rankings for us to win a game. He needs to finally put a decent game together, not just one horrible half, one OK half.

18. HOI

HOI Active Member

The D gave up 260 yards in the first half. And screwed the pooch the last 5 minutes. This team prides itself on playing great D to protect its rookie QB...well it wasnt there yesterday.

Granted Sanchez didnt play great but to put most of the blame for yesterday on his shoulders isnt fair.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

ESPN splits. Just look at his stats on the splits tab and scroll down to the nether regions of the page.

Remember that the splits are not mutually exclusive, so shotgun and loneback formation, for instance, can both be reflected in their rows with a significant subset of plays that go in both rows.

The WR formation stats are mutually exclusive.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is absolutely true. Sanchez is one of the people least responsible for the Jets troubles so far. Most of the throws that have been picked were unnecessary and asking for trouble when they were called. Unless Sanchez is calling the plays this is somebody else's issue.

Sanchez has performed exactly like you would expect a rookie who was thrown into the crucible in game one to perform: he's had moments of brilliance tempered by many more moments where he looks like, well - a rookie.