Beat the New England Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeJet, Nov 16, 2009.

1. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Beat the New England Patriots next week and the Jets are one game out of first place in the east division with 6 to play. Also, Ronnie Brown, Dolphins, left the stadium yesterday on crutches and I understand New England had some injuries on defense last night but I do not have the specifics.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ummm... That has as much chance of happening as me picking 6 good numbers in the next powerball drawing..

I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots drop 40 on this team next week just to prove a point and shove it down Foghorn's throat.

I'm really not looking forward to next week man. Its gonna be ugly up there..

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

they are not one game out, they are two games out.

Crazy scenario - the Jets beat the Pats, and the Panthers. The Pats lose to the Jets and the Saints and lose three in a row for the first time maybe ever in Brady's career - the Jets are tiebreak winners for 1st place and have the same record as the Pats at 6-4.

then the board will begin to talk about 1st round byes.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I just got the avatar's reference.

Nice.

5. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Thanks, but I said beat the New England Patriots next week then we are ONE GAME OUT.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yes you did. its a total misread on my part.

i'm not editing anything. :)

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

We are not making the playoffs this year, even in some fluke where we grab a wildcard. Call me Nostradamus.

8. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

I kind of agree, I just want every game to have some significance to watch. And next weeks game still has significance.

9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Next weeks game has significance. If we wim we have a slim chance at making the playoffs (but, not likely because or our irratic play). If we lose, it is time to just say it's over and auger the season. I know some sunshiners will say, yeah, but at 4-6 we could still win all are games and finish 10-6 and get in. If anybody really wants to believe that, go ahead, but this team hasn't shown me anything that I would be willing to believe that a miracle exists for us at this point.

10. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

We seem to be doing EVERYTHING wrong, BUT no team in AFC East is running away with it all YET ... We could put together a "GREAT" game and beat NE ... NE could also lose to the Saints ... The only team we need to worry about is the JETS, we have to string together about 5 wins and see where we stand ... We'd be 9-5 and at very least be in the mix ...

Our "D" played like S**T on the first and last drive of the game and VERY GOOD in between ... MS looked like a clueless rookie at times and a seasoned vet other times ( I guess that is to be expected ) ...

We sure need to put together a "FULL" game, all phases for 60 minutes ... We have lost 4 games by 7 points or less, EVERY ONE of them winnable, we now need to finish these type games on the winning side as "GOOD" teams do ...

11. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

this game is being overlooked because of that terrible coaching call by Beli last night and how horrible the Jets are playing at this moment in time. This is a huge game, and I think we are gunna pull it out, we have a good history in foxboro, we always play tough

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Unfortunately, I think Sanchez has a much better chance of throwing 5 interceptions in the next 2 games than us winning 5 in a row. On the pick he throw to the DE I think he may have forgotten that we had our Green and White on and thought he was throwing to the Titan Whites. This is why I hate the Titan Jersey's; they add confusion.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i'm going to take a stance that i think is on its way but isn't in the visible distance yet:

Ryan needs to be more of a disciplinarian and get these bastards going. I think his lax attitude is going to be a main focal point in the offseason if this team goes 6-10 or 7-9

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If the Jets had won yesterday, next week's game would have had real significance.

Now? Not so much.

15. HOI

HOI Active Member

"Which brings me to my next message...kids...don't smoke crack" - LT - The Waterboy

Our D just got man handled by the Jags...at home. What the hell makes anyone think we are going to go to NE and beat Brady and the Pats. I'm thinking this one is going to be around 31-10 or so.

#15 HOI, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  16. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

After this week's loss, do we really think we have any chance of beating the Pats?

We lost to the Jaguars, twice to Miami. Yeah we beat them in week 2, but they are a different team and we're not that good anymore. We are pretty awful.

17. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

We have not played a complete game since Week 2 when we got a rusty Brady and a Welker-less and Mayo-less New England team.

Belichick will be out for blood. This is not going to be pretty.

That said, I will be at this game, making the 4 hour drive sitting 9 rows from the field on the Jets side, 10 yard line.

18. takrew

takrew New Member

The Jets WILL win this game.... we don't match up terribly with New England.... not going to have to worry about a stud RB killing us.... if we get to Brady early and get in his head, look out.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The Jets have just lost five of their last six, you realize. "Not matching up terribly" is debatable in the first place, but are those five losses all cases of matching up terribly?

20. HOI

HOI Active Member

We couldnt get to Garrard...Stop making predictions Rex....

And are you trying to tell me that we "we didnt match up terribly with" Buffalo?!

Even if by some miracle they do win they'll probably lose to Tampa in a few weeks.