17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I love how being a VIP means you get to pay more for parking

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

so now you are assigned a parking spot????

like i can only park in lot 13 even though i want to tailgate in lot 10???

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That would be a mess, I don't see how it is logistically possible. They have a hard enough time getting people in the lots just coming in a straight line like they do now. You get there late they're going to funnel you across the whole complex to get you into an assigned spot? I don't see this ever coming to fruition.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

There is VIP parking like there is now, and then all other areas.

I don't believe it's going to be assigned parking, that's not what my rep told me anyway.

5. GordonGecko

Based on what they've been saying they seem to think that traffic patterns will be a lot smoother in the new place. Assigned lots make sense, specific spots not so much. People should be able to pick their spot

6. no psls

no psls Banned

If I'm paying $25.00 to park, I'm parking in any lot I want. I arrive 5 hours before the game starts . There's no way they will be able to enforce garbage like that .

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

no assigned spots, just by geographic location. I guess if you all want to park together and you are from different places you have to use same address.

I am not getting a parking sticker anyhow. Pre-season is worthless. So it really is $31.25 to park, with gas and tolls it is almost $50 bucks to drive there. Plus sometimes I catch rides with friends who have a parking pass who will take me as I pay tolls when in car. Good deal for all.

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

the "stadium chat" session on the Jets website0

Rob:
    Good morning Jets fans. I'm happy to be with everyone this morning.

what is being done to improve the parking situation at the new stadium?

Rob:

At the NJS, there will be new designated access roads for club and suite holders and parking will be assigned by where you're driving in from — that's something new as well. You will experience a signifcant difference next year.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:03 Rob

lowering ticket prices was a start...any discussion around doing the same for the PSL pricng to make that more affordable as well????
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:03 Guest
    11:06

Rob:
    No. We're confident, with the one adjustment we made to the mezzanine club ticket prices, that every seat in the new stadium will be sold well in advance of our first football game. With the five and 15-year financing options on PSLs, feedback by fans has been positive and they feel these seat options are affordable.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:06 Rob
    11:06

[Comment From no1jetsfan88no1jetsfan88: ]
    Will jets tickets in the new stadium still be sold on ticketexchange?
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:06 no1jetsfan88

Rob:

Yes, ticketexchange will be our secondary partner.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:08 Rob
    11:09

If parking is to be assigned by where you are driving from, won't that effect tailgating? I've been tailgating with buddies from all over the tri state area for years.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:09 reverendbill

Rob:

Your parking assignment is based on where you are driving in from, so if your friends are coming in from the same area — there should be no problem. In some cases, you might have to meet them somewhere. We're looking to make the overall gameday experience more conveninent for fans.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:10 Rob
    Rob:
    We still do have upper level non-PSL seats available. You can purchase 2010 season tickets right now by calling: 800-469-JETS.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:18 Rob

[re there plans for an open house to allow season ticket holders for the new stadium to see there seats and fix any problems prior to the start of the 2010 season?
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:18 jetfan247
    11:19

Rob:
    Yes. We'll plan on some soft openings to have our club seat, PSL and upper level season ticket holders in the stadium in the spring.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:19 Rob
    i dont mind paying for preseason tickets which i dont attend....but i think its wrong charging us for parking for these games
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:20 mike g
    11:21

Rob:

Commissioner Goodell has acknowledged that the fans want a better preseason product. The league is working on that.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:21 Rob
    11:22

as a new stadium ticket holder, why wasn't I invited to the free bon jovi concert at the stadium in october?
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:23 Guest
    11:23

Rob:

The concert was limited to a small number of fans, so we made the offer to our 2010 Suite and Club seat holders.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:23 Rob
    how many non-PSL seats are still available?
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:24 Guest
    11:25

Rob:

Not very many. The number dwindles every day and we anticipate being fully sold out in the upper level soon.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:25 Rob
    11:25
    HOW MUCH WILL PARKING COST?
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:26 jared

Rob:
    $25 (General) and $35 (VIP)
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:26 Rob
    11:27

[Comment From leelee: ]
    HOW CAN YOU UPGADE YOR SEATS IN UPPER BOWL.I AM IN ROW & I LIKED TO GET LOWER

Rob:
    The only way to guarantee yourself an upgrade is to purchase a PSL. Upgrading in the upper level will have to happen over time if people choose not to renew their season tickets.
    Rob:

it's beyond state of the art. You'll love the four huge HD scoreboards, the LED ribbons, cutting edge sound system, unparalleled sightlines, larger councourse, significant increases in restrooms, concession stands, premium elevators, escalators. It will be regarded as the finest stadium in the NFL, which our fans deserve.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:31 Rob
    WHEN WILL GIANTS STADIUM BE TAKE DOWN?
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:31 lee
    11:31

Rob:

Demolition begins 30 days after the final game is played at the Meadowlands. It's going to be a piece-by-piece process. (js23: I say blow that turkey up!!!)
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:31 Rob

Can you describe the Plaza area outside the stadium
    Rob:
    You'll have everything from children's play areas to barbeque rental areas, so you can host your own tailgate inside the perimeter of the stadium. We plan on having live bands and live music. Our four cornerstone sponsors will be involved with the activation and entertainment in these areas. It will be a blast!
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:34 Rob
    11:35
    In sections 228b of the mezzanine, what row starts the covered seats?
    Rob:

In the Mezz endzone, coverage begins at Row 5 of the back half of each section. So in 228B, as long as you're Row 5 or further back, you're covered.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:36 Rob
    Rob:
    Most fans we've spoken with are excited by the fact that they will have access to the finest NFL venue ever built. We realize that the cost of attending games may have gone up, but our goal is to over-deliver on the value proposition. The NJS is truly going to be a magnificent building for our fans — it's a home that they'll be proud of.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:39 Rob
    11:39

[Comment From billybilly: ]
    is there more or less seat in the new stadium
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:39 billy
    11:39
    Rob:

There will be a Great Wall to honor our past greats. In addition, we will have have something like a Ring of Honor in the new building.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:42 Rob
    11:42

[Comment From patpat: ]
    IIS THE UPER LEVEL CLOSER TO FIELD THAN AT GIANTS STADIUM
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:42 pat
    11:43

Rob:

The horizontal difference is similar, but the upper level is higher. The best locations that are still available are in the lower bowl.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:43 Rob
    11:44

how will you manage the amount of people going into the mezzanine club ie. people sneaking in
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:44 Guest
    11:44

Rob:
    Ticketed access only. People will be scanned in and out with their bar codes.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:44 Rob
    11:45

I sympathize with Tommy O but as a fan of 44 years and having struggled with the lack of a super bowl team, I believe that not having their own stadium has contributed in a significant way to that failure and I am now far more confident that with the team leadership, new QB and new stadium, we wil turn that around. Success has its price!
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:45 tom D
    I think it's wrong that PSL buyers in the mezzanine endzones don't have access to anything. Thoughts?
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:46 Bob
    11:47

Rob:
    You actually have tremendous access to concession stands, bars, merchandise stands, sponsor activation zones outside the stadium. The only access that is restricted is for our Clubs.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:47 Rob
    11:48

Will Non-PSL season ticket holders have access to buying parking passes for the season?
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:49 Marc
    11:49

Rob:
    Yes. All Club, PSL and upper-level season ticket holders will have the option to purchase a pre-paid season parking pass.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:49 Rob
    11:50
    Rob, I love the looks of the new stadium and can't wait for the opening. How have club seat sales been since your price reduction?
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:50 Tony
    11:51

Rob:

Sales have exceeded our expectations since the price drop. It's clear to us that our fans have a greater understanding of the overall club experience and how much it will enhance their gameday. We just made it more affordable.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:51 Rob
    11:51

If you pay $35 for a parking spot will you still have to cruise up and down the lanes trying to get a spot or will the parking lot workers
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:53 George
    11:53

be inforcing the one spot per car policy
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:53 George
    11:54

Rob:
    The parking lot attendants will enforce the one spot per car rule. But you will be able to park wherever you would like within your designated lot.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:54 Rob
    11:54

[Comment From GuestGuest: ]
    When is info being sent out for ticket hodlerS?
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:54 Guest
    11:56

Rob:
    All existing season ticket holders and wait-list members are able to purchase their 2010 season tickets immediately by calling 800-469-JETS. We will mail new stadium information to our 2010 season ticket holders in the spring.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:56 Rob
    11:56
    what's the difference between the Regular and VIp Parking?
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:56 Jim
    11:58

Rob:
    VIP parking is made available to suite and club-seat holders only. It's closer to the stadium and has its own designated private access road. General parking sits behind VIP parking.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 11:58 Rob
    11:58

[Rob, not sure this was asked but will section 104 or 123 get more sun
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 12:00 Bill
    12:01

Rob:
    Generally speaking the east side of the stadium, the home side, will be the sunnier side.
    Tuesday November 10, 2009 12:01 Rob
    12:04

Rob:
    Thanks for your time today. We look forward to seeing you in the New Jets Stadium.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I hope this is so. If true, it confirms my suspicions all along. The Jets used half truths, implied difficulties, inferred long distances to parking areas for Upper people and outright ambiguity to scare would-be non-PSLers into thinking they would experience horrific parking hassles if they didn't buy their fucked up PSLs. All throughout the process they used whatever means necessary, including having their dispicable swindlers (er, excuse me... my bad), AHEM.... their "sales reps" infer that Upper Deckers would have to walk 18 miles to get to their cars.

Now, if this is true, the Upper Deck parks as close as any regular PSL guy... maybe closer if he gets their earlier. What a screw job for the PSLer who used parking as one of his criteria in helping make the decision.

Way to go, Woody.

10. MadBacker Prime

I was just reading that-

I guess it makes sense, as long as the build enough lanes when exiting.

People all leaving for the same place might cause some congestion, unless they build the proper amount of roads to handle it.

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Then I should have the best parking.

12. GordonGecko

The Jets seem to think that people will be coming straight from their homes to the game and then straight back. Plus they're assuming what roads you'll be taking, what if you want to make a detour to the mall? Fans will be upset

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I have a way in/out and a lot I've been using for years, I'd rather not fuck with it. It's like the people deciding these things have no idea what the game day deal is like for the regular fans all these years. Our seats, our lots, it's all part of how we like to roll as Jet fans on game day, it's like they have no concept of that. I'll give them the seating, it's a whole new stadium, but why do they have to fuck with the lots?

#4053 Italian Seafood, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Because they're assholes and it's all about control. I've been parking near 16H for 25 years. It makes sense for me because I can jump on the Turnpike South within minutes after the game. I hope they don't fuck with that.

It'll be interesting if a guy who spent a fortune on his PSL and bought it in the name of his company, whose address is in north Jersey, but who lives in south Jersey, can't park on the south side of the new stadium because his address on record is north Jersey. Talk about pissed.

"No, you can't park in 16H. You have to go over on the north side of the stadium and park in fucking oshkosh. That's your designated spot!" LOL

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I am glad I was able to stir the pot today -

Currently Jets have two tiers of parking regular $25 and VIP $35. They should bring in a third tier and charge one million dollars and allow the lucky fan to park on top of Woody Johnson.

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

Not sure but I know seat assignments will be sent out soon and you can visit your seats. If you don't like them you can get your $$$ back.

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Yea I know I can get my money back, but why should I give them 8K and become an unsecured creditor to NY Giants. I wanted to know how are seats assigned, does a waiting list guy have a shot at good seats? Seems silly to me as if I like the seats I would buy them now, but if I buy them without knowing where they are and end up asking for money back won't it cause all kinds of paper work and stress for me and the giants.

Why doen't the Giants tell you how do they determine where your seat will be in a zone, current location, senority, amount of seats bought, random etc.

18. MadBacker Prime

The only thing left on their site looks like the MEZZ $12,500 per seats.

Do you have any extra 25k laying around to waste on a team you don't root for?

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Rod, you should know better. The Giants have 4,000 unsold 4k and 5k PSLs. They only say on-line they are sold out. HA HA funniest conversation ever was discussing which sold-out section I would like to buy seats in!!!

20. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

so why did you post this post yesterday ,morning
    Originally Posted by RowOneJetFan
    I watch the Giants on TV I go to Jets game. Giants web-site says they still have not notified fans of their exact seats, but says you can be refunded your money and seats will be offered to next fan on list. That will be the shit-fest of a lifetime with people moaning and groaning and moving around, the guy with the worst seat in stadium will be fighting to get even the second worst seat in stadium. The fighting will be among people with 20% worse seats but that is a lot of people calling the box office. Giants only committed to notifiying in Fall so they have to do it before winter officially starts, next 6 weeks sometime.

I was on Giant waiting list for like 15 years and would have bought a PSL there if offered one for 5k or less. I was not offered anything.