Do we actually root for the Fish this week?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HOI, Nov 5, 2009.

1. In TB We Trust

In TB We Trust New Member

I would hardly say I'm trolling. It wouldn't be as fun for you if only Jets fans posted on this board!

As far as the 22nd goes, the fact that you think that game is going to play out like the first one did is just plain stupid. The truth is you really don't have a clue about what's going to happen but it makes you feel better to talk trash and that's ok. But c'mon! You're playing the Pats @ home! You've got to be a little scared.

2. In TB We Trust

Oh and one more thing. I saw your defense all right. I saw them give up 61 points to Miami alone.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

remember to take off 21 points. then youll be correct. thats what our DEFENSE did.

our defense has given up 7 TD's in 8 games. get your shit straight.

that being said I expect a hell of a game, look forward to it. weve got to handle JAX first though.

4. In TB We Trust

HAHA, This post gets better every time I read it. I think it is absolutely hilarious that you just brush off Welker as though it?s going to be so easy to do to him what you think you did to Edelman!!! Seriously!! It?s WES WELKER!! What are you smoking? I want some!

5. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Over rated Brady, while great, is never as trustworthy against top 5 d's that can pressure him.

It's just like last time. Yall have a better coach and qb (and LG), and d-line at this juncture. Everything else is even or Jets favor. besides the fact that the jets beat themselves and the pats do not. But that partly goes back to rookie HC and QB

6. In TB We Trust

You really want to talk about over rated QB's?

7. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Given that Miami hasn't taken a loss within the division yet, and with divisional record being the first tie-breaker (after head-to-head, and since the 'Phins won both against you), it's a matter of whether or not you think the Jets can catch the Pats. I'm pretty sure we're going to have at least one 10-6 team not make the playoffs in the AFC. You may be better off if NE takes this one and keeps some distance between you and Miami.

8. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Do you realize he put up pretty much exactly the same numbers Welker averages?

10. In TB We Trust

I don't care what happened in one game. If you are seriously trying to convince yourself that Edelman and Welker are even in the same universe, you must be 17 posting from you moms basement. I guarantee 99% of the people that post on this board would also disagree with you (though they won't admit it).

Like I said, let's hope Rex Ryan doesn't underestimate the Pats the way you guys do.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

I never said they were close to the same player. I said Edelman put up similar numbers, which he did. Are you suggesting that Welker producing the same stats Edelman did would yield better results because he's a better player?

12. In TB We Trust

What I'm saying is the Pats you beat in September is not the same Pats you're going to face in 2 weeks. Rex Ryan knows this, Sanchez, knows this and I know deep down you all know this too.

13. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Threads like this make us look so stupid.

Here it goes guys. We need the Pats to WIN on Sunday. Dont ask any questions, just agree and stop looking stupid.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

we need the phins to win sunday im pretty sure i dont know what your thinking

15. WhiteShoeWillis

Which team are you more worried about having a better record at the end of the season, the Pats or the Fins?

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i dont think anyone is underestimating the pats. we did already beat you guys though and your defense looked awful. i know your offense has gotten on track, but what about the D? you guys made sanchez look like a vet in week 2.

17. In TB We Trust

You're right, but just like the offense the defense is also getting better every week (Merriweather). Mayo was also out when we played you.

18. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

There are still way to many games to be worrying about tiebreakers and sneaking in to the playoff. There are situtions where the game could go either way and stil screw us.

Pats tie for division:
    a)We swep pate, we wil on tiebreaker
    b)We lose to pats, unless miami sweeps and buffalo splits we lose. If miami sweeps and bills split then tie would come down to who dealt pats their other losses.

Miami ties for division:
    c)We are toast on tiebreaker. So we need to win more games here on out.

So we need both teams to lose. A tie is as good as a loss in all scenarios except b) above

Assuming we win out (at 12-4 we make it in on wildcard anyway)
    We need the Fins to lose at least one more.
    We need the Pats to lose at least one more

Assuming we lose to the pats then win out (at 11-5 we make in on wildcard most liekly)
    We need the Fins to lose two more.
    We need the Pats to lose four more, or be swept by fins and split with Bills (we win tie on conf schedule)

Assuming we beat pats then lose one
    We need the Fins to lose two more.
    We need the Pats to lose three more

Assuming we lose to the pats and then lose one more (conf, but not bills)
    We need the Fins to lose three more
    We need the Pats to lose five more, or be swept by fins and split with Bills (we win tie on conf schedule) and lose one conf game or lose big time to the Saints and we beat bronocos and our loss isn't to a team they beat or we get beat by less than a team that we both lose to. Pretty freakin complicated.

It goes on and on. down to a point where it is not possible for all 3 of us to lose enough games and not have the bills go to the playoff.

Worst case and still make it in:
    We beat pats and Buffalo and lose rest (6-10)
    Pats need to split with miami and then lose out (Pats 6-10 we win tie)
    Miami splits with Pats and losses out (Fins 5-11)
    Bills win both remaining games agains Pats and Fins then lose out (Bills 5-11)

19. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

its great everyone keeps talking about there division record being so good, thats all fine and dandy for them if they have the same record as us, long as the record is better who cares about tie breaks and division record.
    We need to have Dolphins beat NE- we then go into new england with a win over Jacksonville playing for 1st place

20. benjetin

benjetin New Member

Yes take out the pats