Do we actually root for the Fish this week?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HOI, Nov 5, 2009.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

2. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Other than the fact that if the Fish beat the Pats, we beat the Jags, then we beat the Pats, we'll be in first place in the division, and control our own destiny. We would just need to match or better the Pats record over the last 6 games.

The Fish would need to win 6 of their last 8 to be a factor, and that's not going to happen. :finssuck:

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

except if the Pats win they are still two games ahead of the Jets, so even if we beat them we will still be behind them, as opposed if the Dolphins win and we beat the Pats, we're tied for first.

who do you think is the better team, Pats or Dolphins. The Pats undoubtedly, so it is far more likely going forward the Dolphins are going to lose more games the rest of the year than the Pats, so even if they win this game they'll pick up the losses elsewhere.

at first I was concerned about staying ahead of the Dolphins, but that's defeatist. that is essentially hoping for second place. why would you only be rooting for second place when the alternative outcome could put us in first? the only reasonable solution is for the Dolphins to win because it is the only way we have a chance to be in first place if we beat the Pats in three weeks.

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Sorry I forgot....:finssuck::finssuck::finssuck:

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

This is the thing. At NE is the one game left in the division where we can make up for losing what we've lost. Not to say we will win or it should be easy, but that's the one that has to be won if we're going to have a shot at the division. The Jets have won at Foxboro two of the last three years so it's not impossible. At one point we won up there five years in a row.

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Root for the phins, then assuming we take care of business against Jax, we can retake the division lead with a win over the Pats in foxboro.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for the Pats to lose. I don't care about the fins division record at this point. I don't want the Pats to start pulling away.

8. Kenny

Kenny New Member

the chances of us catching the pats is slim is my point.. the only way we will win the division is beating them head to head again so we can own the tiebreaker.. it hurts us if the fins beat the pats then they would be 4-4 and own all tiebreakers... The Pats play the colts next week, root for them to lose to the colts..

Honestly the fins winning doesnt help our playoff chances

9. Kenny

Kenny New Member

It seems people dont get the fact that if we dont beat the pats in foxboro we have no shot at all at the division.. them beating the fins this weekend really doesnt matter much...

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

But the Phins have it pretty easy the rest of the way, we need them to lose as much as possible because if it comes down to a tie break we're fucked.

Their next 4 are:

Pats
    Bucs
    Panthers
    Bills

That's a easy schedule right dere.

11. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I'm not denying they are a good team. But I would rather root for the teams ahead of us to fall back down than root for a team below us to fall lower. It's going to be hard to actually root for either team so I probably won't be watching this game.

Plus, being a 20 year old fan, I hate the Patriots more than the Dolphins.

12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Hell yes we root for the Fins. Where in control when it comes to the Fins but where not with the Pats.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

'#1 Jets Fan' tells us why we root for a division rival that just beat us for the third consecutive time. Priceless.

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

You have that backward. Right now, we're in control when it comes to the Patriots, but not with the Dolphins.

15. In TB We Trust

In TB We Trust New Member

You really shouldn't root for the Pats to lose to the Colts. You play them next and we never lose 2 in a row.

The Pats are going to prove to the rest of the league what the Jets should have proved, that the Dolphins suck.

16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

ur wrong we have a better record then the Phins.

17. In TB We Trust

In TB We Trust New Member

I think that already started......

18. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

my bad ur right for some reason I was thinking the Phins had 5 loses

19. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Ugh. Head-to-head, we LOSE any tie-break with the Dolphinz because THEY BEAT US TWICE! Soooooo. . . . we are NOT in control when it comes to the Dolphinz. We've beaten the Patriots once. If we beat them again, we WIN any tie-break against the Patriots. That's what "being in control" means.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I get it just fine. I'd rather have the Pats one game ahead of us when we play them in Foxboro than 2. The fins already have the tiebreaker over us no matter what we do for the rest of the season within the division.

If the fins go 3-3 in the division or 6-0 in the division it doesn't matter for us. We have to beat them with a better record. I'm more worried about the Pats having a better record than the Fins.