Do we actually root for the Fish this week?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HOI, Nov 5, 2009.

1. HOI

HOI Active Member

I'm torn...as I'm sure many others are about the Fish - Pats game this weekend. Who are we supposed to want to win this game? If the Fish win, it makes the division that much tighter but also pulls them ahead of us in the standings. If the Pats win they get a two game lead over us in the division.

I really can't "root" for either but which scenerio works out better for us? The best thing I can think is that Brady is chased out of bounds, twists his ankle as he falls into both Ricky Williams and Ronnie Browns knees...

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not unless you're gay.

3. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

NO NO NO NO! No way man! We need the Pats to win this game. The Dolphins beat us twice, and have a 3-0 division record. It doesnt matter what the pats record is, we need to the pats to win!

On top of that we still have a game with the Pats, the dolphins already own the tie breaker with us. Come on guys! Think!

4. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Exactly what jetsfanwaiting said... The only chance we have at the division at this point is going up to Foxboro and winning so we can own the tiebreaker on new england..

Let the pats take care of the fins so we can get them out of our way..

5. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

BINGO........

6. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I'll be rooting for the Dolphins (although not very hard) because I still think we have a shot at winning the division if everything falls the right way. If we can get within a game of the Pats by the time we play them I will be thrilled. I think this Jets team plays up to the level of its opponents and I know they will be ready to go play up in New England. I just can't give up hope on the division after 8 games.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

No, let the Phins bury themselves and we can take care of the Pats.

If the Phins win they'll have one hell of a division record, and we don't get another shot at them.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I think it's better for the jets fans to root for the Pats this week. It give the Jets a two game cushion on the Phins that they need due to the tiebreaker going their way.

Then root for the Colts and Saints to beat the Pats, coupled with a jets win over the pats and the jets have a good shot at the division.

Even if the Pats don't lose, the Jets would be a much better position for the wildcard if they don't have to deal with the tiebreaker...

9. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

The Dolphins ALMOST beat the Saints and the Colts. They are a good team. Let the Pats beat them and get them out of the way.

We've already beat the Pats and have one more showing with them. Come on now.

10. cthompson116

cthompson116 Banned

How about a tie! O

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well it wouldn't phukin matter if the jets took care of business.

jil

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

And we'd all be happy if the Jets won the Super Bowl last year too.

But we didn't do either, so now we move on-:up:

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That works best because it will eliminate the tie-breaker disadvantage we've created by losing these division games. Then again, if we beat the Pats we'll automatically own tie-breaker on them, and hope Miami falls out of it because they own it on us already. Either way, division records won't matter if we can beat the Pats, but seeing them tie would be fun. A scoreless tie.

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

yes why wouldnt we want the phins to beat the top in our division?

15. In TB We Trust

In TB We Trust New Member

I love how you all just say "We'll take care of the Pats" as though it's going to be the easiest game you ever played! C'mon guys! Yes I know you beat us before, but you beat us in Week 2 when we were still getting it together (not to mention our QB was coming off a serious injury, to discount that is just stupid).

The pats ALWAYS get better as the year goes on. I know our last 2 wins we're basically scrimmages, but we won BIG both times.

As I said in another thread I am NOT saying the Pats will beat the Jets, but to act like it's going to be a cake walk is just funny. We're playing you at home...you now how those games usually turn out for us.....

16. In TB We Trust

Artie would not be please that a Jets fan is using his face as an avatar!!

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Because it doesn't help the Jets in their quest to make the playoffs.

18. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

yes but if the pats win then they are another game ahead of us.

and lol yes artie lange would be upset at me

19. In TB We Trust

Poor Artie...good thing the Yanks pulled it off last night or it would have been another week in bed!

20. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

We are not saying it's going to be a cake walk... not at all... but at least we still have the opportunity and the hope to win while with the fishes we already blew it :S.
    I don't think anyone here is underestimating the Pats... (some people hate them but certainly don't understimate them)