We Are Penn St.!

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Pam, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Wow whadda game! I can't pick just one player that was outstanding, the whole team was solid.

The first time PSU won in Ann Arbor since 1996! [​IMG]

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Old fashioned butt kicking...7-1 #11 in the Nation...thanks for the thread name change...:beer:

3. nyy486

nyy486 New Member

surprised they didnt blow it vs mich. gag worthy seeing quarless score like that though, class A idiot.

4. matt robinson 17

Not a Penn State fan I take it....this thread is reserved by PF4JETS for PSU fans only...

5. Pam

I hate Indiana. They had it! [​IMG]

Ok, come on 4:30. Let's kick some NorthWestern azz!

6. Pam

wOOt! Excellent game! I'll tell ya thou, I was worried up to half time. I've heard reports Sean Lee hurt his knee again. Oh crap! We're going to need him against OSU next week. *sweats*

I hate OSU.

7. matt robinson 17

8. Pam

Ohio State, Penn State sides gear up for showdown

RUSTY MILLER

The Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio - No sooner had Ohio State and Penn State wrapped up their latest victories than both were looking ahead to their critical tangle at Beaver Stadium on Saturday.

"The crowd is going to be against us, especially against me," Buckeyes quarterback Terrelle Pryor said of a showdown with Big Ten title implications.

"But it really doesn't matter. I got my family with me, all 75 (teammates) that travel, and we're going to be ready to rock. I can't wait."

That emotion is at the other end of the spectrum from what the No. 15 Buckeyes faced last Saturday. They barely raised their pulse rate in eclipsing overmatched New Mexico State 45-0, holding the Aggies , statistically the worst offense in the Bowl Subdivision , to 62 yards.

On offense, the Buckeyes piled up 559 yards and had seven players amass more individual yards than the Aggies did as a team over 45 plays.

Still, coach Jim Tressel was well aware that about the only thing New Mexico State and No. 11 Penn State have in common is their last name.

"Are we consistent enough right now to be the contending champions for the Big Ten? Not yet," said Tressel, whose team has won at least a piece of the last four conference titles. "That's why we're going to practice like crazy and get ready for the Nittany Lions."

Those Nittany Lions rattled off three touchdowns in less than 4 minutes to turn a squeaker into a rout in a 34-13 victory at Northwestern.

As quarterback Daryll Clark was leaving the field, he encountered 82-year-old Penn State sage Joe Paterno.

"He called to me and told me that this was a good win," Clark said. "We've got our big one next week. We all laughed about it."

Neither team can afford many laughs this week. Both are 4-1 in the Big Ten and a game back of unbeaten Iowa, which defeated Penn State earlier in the year and still must play Ohio State.

A loss doesn't eliminate either team from the league race, but it sure would make things difficult.

A year ago, the teams met under somewhat similar circumstances at Ohio Stadium, with both perfect in league play. The Buckeyes led 6-3 in the fourth quarter when Pryor fumbled on a third-down play. The Nittany Lions, with Pat Devlin taking over for an injured Clark, drove 38 yards and scored on a 1-yard touchdown run.

Ohio State had two more possessions, but had to punt after the first. Devlin then guided the Lions to a field goal for a 13-6 lead. Pryor's deep throw with 27 seconds left was picked off by Lydell Sargeant to seal the game.

Both quarterbacks , Clark from Youngstown, Ohio, and Pryor from Jeannette, Pa. , would like nothing better than to engineer wins that would break hearts back home.

"I think Daryll is the leader of the offensive football team," Paterno said after his 391st career victory Saturday. "He is a guy that makes us go."

Pryor, who chose Ohio State over Penn State and Michigan, is expecting a less-than-warm welcome from the fans in Happy Valley. He knows he won't be a favorite son.

"I'll probably get booed as soon as I go out to warm up," he said.

He has no concerns that the Buckeyes will be up to the challenge.

"Just the way we carry ourselves, we feel confident. I'd preach that to any team I'd be on," Pryor said. "You have to be confident, because if you go into a game thinking you're going to lose, that's not how you win. So we go in thinking that we can beat everybody.

"We know it's going to be a very tough job to do at Penn State, but the way we think, you have to think you're going to win. So we have to be positive-thinking, just like Penn State will be positive-thinking."

Buckeyes defensive tackle Doug Worthington might have been speaking for both teams.

"We still have a chance of doing something great in the Big Ten," he said.

The atmosphere should be something else.

"Penn State is definitely a big game," safety Kurt Coleman said. "I love their crowd and the challenge of playing against Daryll Clark. From the beginning it's an electric atmosphere."

A loss would almost certainly knock a team out of the BCS picture.

"This is as big as they come," Pryor said. "I've been at Penn State a lot. It's a crazy stadium, but it's going to be fun. I was there the one day and the whole stadium was just shaking. It's crazy like that, but I always want to play in tough stadiums against tough opponents. That's where you measure yourself."

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/...ohiostatepennstatesidesgearupforshowdown.html

9. matt robinson 17

Pryor is so overrated, he throws balloons up like Noodlearm Pennington...

10. Pam

I want this game so bad I can taste it. We still need Iowa to lose one thou.

11. matt robinson 17

Iowa still has to play at Ohio State...

12. Pam

Yep at OSU. They have N'Western this week then OSU then Minnesota. Hell, N'Western give me quite a scare, maybe they can beat them.

13. matt robinson 17

Is Sean Lee hurt, I haven't heard anything, do you live near the campus, go over and ask JoePa...:smile:

14. Pam

Apparently he is ok. Whew!

Lee back to old self

By Nate Mink Email
    Collegian Staff Writer
    Posted on November 3, 2009 4:51 AM
    http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2009/11/03/lee_back_to_old_self.aspx

Pink scrape marks on Sean Lee's neck stood out from his combed wet hair and his suit and tie.

Penn State's senior co-captain just finished his most complete game in more than a month, and the small cuts caused by a helmet ramming into his bare neck show he's returned to being the aggressive, every-down outside linebacker for the Nittany Lion defense.

With Lee playing regularly, he and Navorro Bowman are expected to be at full strength against Ohio State, giving the Lions their best two linebackers on the field almost every down to contain Terrelle Pryor and the Buckeyes' offense.

Wearing a black brace on his left knee, Lee recorded a team-high 12 tackles in Saturday's win at Northwestern. His knee felt better as the game went on, he said. He saw his most action since he sprained the knee on Sept. 19 against Temple.

Lee has played in three straight games, but Saturday he played more regularly out of the Lions' base defensive package, rather than in situational downs as he did the previous two weeks.

Coach Joe Paterno said Lee doesn't practice full-go during the week because Paterno knows what he can do on the field.

How much Lee plays is still his own call.

"He's anxious to play," Paterno said. "He doesn't quite do a couple things that he will do as he gets a little more confidence."

Day to remember

Offense

Daryll Clark has emerged as the leader for Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year after another fine day moving Penn State's offense through the air. He's thrown for 1,200 yards and nine touchdowns since the loss to Iowa on Sept. 26.

Defense

Jared Odrick recorded five solo tackles and a sack, blocked a field goal and took up countless blocks to help the defense shut out Northwestern in the second half.

Day to forget

Offense

Graham Zug dropped two passes and had chances to catch a couple of balls in the end zone.

Defense

Josh Hull saw his fewest snaps of the season thanks to the Wildcats' quick strike pass attack and had just three tackles. The extra defensive back in Penn State's primary defensive package Saturday replaced Hull. He also got lit up on a blind-side block by wide receiver Demetrius Fields.

Did you notice?

Academy Award-winning actor Tom Hanks in the house ... Paterno quickly moving behind the chains after a near collision on the sideline.

Extra Point

Penn State is now 7-1 on the road the last two seasons. It was 4-6 away from home between 2006-07.

"We make big plays," Lee said of the change of fortunes away from Beaver Stadium. "Our offense makes big plays in key situations, and the defense has done a good job of limiting other offenses from making big plays."

Quotable

Defensive coordinator Tom Bradley on defensive end Jack Crawford's near interception:

"I thought we had it when A.J. [Wallace], on the tip, I thought, 'Here we go. This one's going to the house.' But the other guy kind of stuck his hand in it, and then Jack tried to get his hands on it. I thought he was a basketball player."

15. matt robinson 17

9 wins to 400 for JoePa....:beer:

16. matt robinson 17

You didn't answer my question , do you live near the campus, do you go to any games?

17. Pam

Oops sorry about that. I live about 2 1/2 hours away from State College now. I grew up in a small town near the stadium thou. I've been to a few games but haven't gone in years. The traffic is horrible! PA road construction is always going on.

18. matt robinson 17

I went to the Illinois game in 06, one word...amazing...I've been to over a hundred Jet Games but this blew those games away... Note* this reply was written in Nittany Lion blue...

19. Pam

Oh yea. That stadium literally vibrates. When I was in high school, we won the band competition and got to play at a Penn State game. I was a majorette. I'll never forget performing in front of such a huge crowd. I was terrified lol.

Tailgating there is awesome too.

Love your blue!

20. matt robinson 17

Any pictures... :smile: