Loss is on OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 1, 2009.

1. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Ok, Ill bite. The Vikings have argubly the best RB in the NFL. They often pass inside the redzone and in similiar situations.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Nobody is saying the Jets won't be able to do this well in a year or two when Sanchez is not a rookie. Comparing what the Vikings are doing this year with Brett Favre at QB as compared to Mark Sanchez is ludicrous on the face of it. They weren't very happy with their results in the red zone before they got Favre because they had QB's who were either too young and inexperienced or didn't have the talent to throw the ball in the red zone as first option.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

AS,

You keep repeating the same mantras over and over, disregarding points made that answer your posts. It is clear you don't want to really hear why you might be wrong, but want to rant on BS ad nauseum.

But for the benefit of others, "simplifying the offense" does not mean you don't pass on second down. And going with what has been working is not stupid. If your opponent has not shown they can stop what you are doing, there is no obvious reason to stop.

The Jets scored two TD's and set up a third off a first down on the one by passing three times on second down and either seven or eight in the red zone. You think it was such a stupid call as to justify firing the OC when they again passed on second and seven in the red zone.

I think your position is grossly overwrought and unfair. But I am done trying to discuss this with you. Feel free to respond, but beyond that, have a nice day.

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

BB: I haven't seen one thing posted that is even close to an acceptable excuse for Schitty's horrendous playcalling with the game on the line in the red zone. 2/7 on the Mia 12 w/1:56 to go - the moron calls a pass play which was both stupid and predictable making it doubly stupid. I am glad that you are don trying to discuss this with me BB because you are totally wrong.

Expecting your rookie to win the game for you through the air is stupid when you are looking to eat clock and when you have an all pro RB in your backfield. The fact that you had thrown successfully earlier in the game hardly dictates that you do the exact same thing again - in fact its stupid to do the same thing again. The Dolphins D was not fooled at all - they shut it down.

Comparing Sanchez to Farvre is just about as dumb as calling 3 straight pass plays when you have the ball 2/7 at the mia 12 looking to eat clock and score the winning TD.

We have seen Schitty do this against Buffalo as well - pass his way into a hole. Absolutely no reason not to run the rock on 2/7 and nothing you have tried to present has changed that fact 1 iota. You run the ball there and pick up 3 yds and its a totally different game. Instead it becomes a situation where the entire game is on Sanchez and everybody in the stadium knows he is going to pass. STUPID playcalling created that. You have a rookie QB and you do exactly what you should not have done and what Coach Ryan stated should not be done after the Buffalo debacle.

Just to be clear - I am not advocating firing BS because of this one situation. I advocate firing BS because he refuses to get it. He is stubbornly committed to forcing unnecessary pass plays when the strength of this team is running the ball. He refuses to make smart conservative football decisions and the team as a whole suffers from this stupidity. He is a holdover from Mangina and we need to have him cleansed from the organization.

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Looking to eat the clock? Are you shitting me? We needed a TD or we lose the game. That rookie QB took us down the field three straight times including 2 TD passes and running it in himself.

The reason we needed the rookie QB to win the game is the dumb ass special teams coach screwed up twice and the Defensive minded HC allowed Miami to grind the ball down the field on our elite rested Defense for a TD.

There is a ton of blame to go around in this game, most of it is on execution not playcalling.

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I blame Firemen Ed for not being loud enough