Loss is on OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 1, 2009.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

C'mon man,with that mentality,back in 2000,the team should have quit being down that far on the Oct Monday night game. Some games require a comeback to win. We had a chance and it was blown. Had we ran and got the 1st,then the TD and won everything before that would have been meaningless. had the clock ran out right after the Ginn td return,i'd see your point,but it didnt. the game was not over.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Exactly it was field execution that ultimately killed the team. I doubt highly those two TD runbacks were the result of Westhoff's drawn up plays but execution by the players.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I was calling for more runs myself late mind you. My point is you cant just blame the game on shotty.

4. typeOnegative13NY

Special teams dug us a hole. We were givin a chance to climb out and blew it with bad playcalling

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The loss is obviously not on the OC, but I do agree that the 2nd down play should have been a run, especially since it's four down territory.

6. jonnyd

but if special teams doesnt create a GIGANTIC whole, we win with shottys play calling bro. And play-calling isnt as simple as there is a right call and wrong call on every down. Did Shotty call the perfect play every down in which the Jets were successful? Was every play that wasnt a plus for the Jets because of calling the wrong play? No. Theres the whole execution end to it. If Faneca isnt a fuckin turnstile, maybe that play would have ended up a TD. The Dolphins scored 30 pts. What percentage of the time do you think the team that scores 30 is gonna win? 90+? Shotty's offense scored 25. We gave up 21 pts on returns!!!!! C'mon. You wanna throw shotty in as ONE of the reasons we lost? fine. Put the whole thing on him? Insanity.

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I'm not, nor did I, suggest that we run 4 times. On 2nd&6, run it with TJ because even if he only gets what he was averaging (3.5), that still brings up 3rd&short (and at worst, 4th&short). Much better than 3rd&6 followed by 4th&14.

8. typeOnegative13NY

That's certainly fair enough. I guess I should have said the fail at the comeback is on the OC. That 2nd and 6 pass was just one of the worst calls imo. Running there just seemed so elementary of a decision to me. Same on 3rd. By 4th,he had no choice.

9. jonnyd

agreed. I was calling for the run myelf dude. Go look at the game thread. Right before TJ busted up the middle for 10 I posted " bust TJ up the fuckin middle"...lots and lots of reasons we lost this fuckin cock sucking cunting assballs game.

10. typeOnegative13NY

:rofl:this game is now dubbed that.

11. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I knew the Shotty witch hunt would be in full force after this game. The game was lost by specials and a fumble that went for 6. Anyone that thinks we should have run more in this game is clueless. Miami has possibly the worst secondary in the NFL , we should have been throwing the ball all over the field. But that's ok , its Shotty's fault we didn't run it more .

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

So your thread title is "Loss is on OC". I am only going to give you one example and not debate with you.

Q: When a team, that went 18-0, loses the super bowl, is on the shoulders of OC, HC, DC, or the players?

A: No, that team played a great season, but just couldn't finish the job in the last game, that too due to one play.

Schotty's offense was playing well and you were probably writing a thread where you were sucking his balls, but when he called a pass on 2nd and 6 and failed to complete 3 pass attempts, you made this thread. I know, the offense not being able to complete even one pass out of 3 is on the shoulders of the OC. GTFUOH!

Please excuse my language, I am just frustrated.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There was no way to get rid of the ball on that play. The guy came loose up the middle immediately and Sanchez was still in the tackle box. What surprised me was that Sanchez held onto the ball. That's the kind of play where he was losing it earlier in the season.

That was the second almost identical failure for Faneca in the game. There is no way the Jets should have put him in the position to fail that way on such a crucial play. If they were going to run a pass there they needed to roll Sanchez out to his right, but really they just needed to run the damn ball. How many games have we lost this season when "just run the damn ball" was the right answer?

14. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

If you consider the 1st half today - then today.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah, Shotty missed sure tackles on kick-off returns and failed to pick up the fumble that Taylor ran in.

Jets roll and silly-ass threads like this are averted if the jets special teams do their job.

16. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

BILL CALLAHAN FOR OC 09' and BRIAN SCHOTENHIMER HC PODUNKVILLE UNIVERSITY10'

17. typeOnegative13NY

Youre entitled to your opinion. But i will stand by the fact that not running once when you have 3 trys at 6 yards is fucking retarded. And if i was probably writing that thread,i guess after the jets game was over you were comforted by the fact that your "other team" won. or you are a catholic priest. One or the other

18. typeOnegative13NY

Once again,did the fucking game end when Ginn ran back the TD,or were you on the edge of your seat at the end when the Jets had another shot deep in Miami terrirtory?

19. typeOnegative13NY

We did start throwing in the 2nd qtr. It was disastrous and cost us the field position battle.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Like has been stated multiple times in the thread... those plays contributed to the loss but ultimately when you have a chance to win the game at the end (which the Jets did( you'd expect your OC to call better plays that give you a chance to win the game. The thing is if the Jets score and win 31-30 nobody is even mentioning those plays because we won the game.