Loss is on OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 1, 2009.

1. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Special teams beat us but I will say this:

1. The offensive game plan in the first half was completely brain dead. And it did not work. We have to be balanced on offense.

2. I do actually agree that the 2nd and 6 call as really bad for several reasons. They were selling out against the pass at that point, you actually want to use time and the Dolphins D was a bit gassed.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

So if we ran the ball and fumbled or didn't score the playcalling would have been great?

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Well according to you we did run on 2nd Down..with Sanchez..on a draw.. which has a much higher chance of a fumble/no gain/loss/not scoring than had we handed it off to TJ or Greene.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Faneca is not without blame but I think the whole sequence of those final 4 plays fall at the feet of the guy who called them. Faneca maybe getting beat everyweek but would it not be in the best intrest of the OC to know this and adjust his gameplan or playcalling so that Faneca doesn't get destroyed? My whole reasoning for running is that it's not all or nothing on 3rd down... the worst possible thing that could happened on 3rd down happened, blame who you want but it should not have been the call.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

A fumble is a mistake. calling 3 straight pass plays and dropping everyone into the endzone on 4th down is just stupid. I would have bet the house that the jets get the 1st by pounding for 6 yards 3 times

6. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

As I said earlier in the thread, our running game wasn't particularly good today (under 4 yards per carry) as the Dolphins are a good at stopping the run but not the pass. Sanchez was passing the ball well, and the play call on 2nd down could of gotten us 5-10 yards. Instead it got us 1 yard. I don't see how this one call was the reason why we lost the game. I don't have a problem with it being called in this situation. Maybe with 3 more downs, if we could have run it for 3-4 yards it would have helped us a bit more. But that's all in hindsight. We should have been able to get a first down when it was 3rd and 5/6. And good teams don't allow 2 special teams touchdowns and a fumble for a touchdown. I don't see how you can put the entire game on Schotty for just this one play.

7. HOI

HOI Active Member

We lost cause Ted 'fucking' Ginn stuck two returns up our asses. Plain and simple. While I dont agree with the 2nd and 6 pass I would have been praising Schotty up and down if Sanchez threw a TD on that play.

And Sanchez played well in the second half. Lets not forget that his 1st half was fucking miserable. You wanna QB in this league you gotta put an entire game together.

Look folks it hurts...I know. Fact is Ginn doesnt return those TD's...we dominate that game. We all knew going into this year it was gonna take some time for this team to get their shit together. The Jets...in my mind are in the process of building a winner. Growing pains...I'll repeat what I said during the preseason...if this team goes 9-7 this year...its a good year.

8. Barry the Baptist

I disagree that those cost us the game...they helped contribute to the loss but at the end of the day we had the ball in a position to win the game and a set of poor playcalls resulted in us failing to score the winning TD.

9. winstonbiggs

We did run on second down and gained a yard without a fumble/no gain/ loss.

Greens fumble had much more to do with us lossing than Shotty's play selection by the way.

10. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

So should we be running every down because Faneca sucks? Anyways, like I've been saying, the game was lost because of the special teams and the fumble for a touchdown, not because of the pass calls on 2nd and 3rd down at the end of the game.

11. Barry the Baptist

That's just it... guys are pointing out that we avgd just less than 4 yards a carry... well we had 3 downs to get 6 yards. Even if TJ and Greene get 2 yards a carry that gives us the 1st down.

12. The Uniform Bomber

We also had plays where TJ ran it for 9-10 yards. What's yer point?

13. winstonbiggs

At the end of the day against Buffalo an O lineman holding call cost us they game but hey people want to blame Sanchez for 5 Int's. Go figure.

14. Barry the Baptist

Like I said about 7 times those ultimatley did not lose the game. You want to acknolwedge those but you fail to realize that even with those plays we had teh ball with a chance to win this game and we didn't. I didn't say we should have run every time because Faneca sucks but Schotty has to be aware of the fact that a sack in that situation ultimately ends the game (which it did)

15. The Uniform Bomber

Again - and for some reason yer not grasping this - there's a difference between making an in-play mistake, such as a penalty, and decision-making by the OC in the clutch.

16. Barry the Baptist

In OT it did cost us the game... I don't think I blamed Sanchez (but I knew you weren't referring to me) they contributed to the loss but in the end it was the holding and the eventual f'd up FG that lost that game.

17. winstonbiggs

At the end of the day it's execution not the OC decision. You are second guessing play calling because it didn't work. Had we run 4 times for 4 yards and not scored you would be screaming at the OC. If we had executed and scored on a bad call nobody would give a shit. It's a big second guess.

Play calling is allot about feel and personal. With a rookie QB and a very erratic and uneven running game play calling is never going to be perfect. In the end it was execution not playcalling that killed us.

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

you cant ignore 56 minutes of the game and blame shotty for a 2 and 6 call. Its insanity. Special teams lost the game

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

yup,and forces the use of their last 2 timeouts

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Our OC does keep forgetting hes mark sanchez and not payton manning. Whenever sanchez shows he can throw the ball schotty immediately gives up on the running and proclaims sanchez joe namath.