Loss is on OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 1, 2009.

1. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Lol, it's always Schotty's fault. The guy's as good as gone next year, and he doesn't deserve it. He had 4 different quarterbacks over 4 years.

06 - Penny - played in Schotty's system well, and did well with little talent. Limited with his weak arm.
    07 - Penny/Clemens - Penny gets hurt. Clemens is nothing special. He has happy feet, holds the ball too long, and can't run the offense.
    08 - Favre - Schotty switches his scheme to accomodate Farve. Once Favre's bicep tendon tears, the team loses 4 out of 5 games to end the season.
    09 - Sanchez - Rookie quarterback who has trouble looking off of his first look. Is learning and developing well within Schotty's system. Will take time to become good.

Schotty's downfall is that he needs everything to be his way. He can't adjust for his personel. With all of the qb turnover that we've had, he's never been able to call an efficient offense. For this, he'll be fired by next year, and wrongly so.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Kinda feeds into that Foghorn Leghorn thing. Ryan had better learn that he has to walk the talk as well and that the things he's saying, he's gonna be held accountable for. If this continues, I WILL change my sig as it will be just so much hot air..

3. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

2nd and 6...that will replay in my head all night. We had the Dolphins on their heals, they were tiring out and we drop back and try an ill conceived throw with a rookie QB. Yeah, good idea. How professional OC can make such a call is beyond me, except for ego.

Yes, Schotties ego has gotten in the way of this teams success. Throw away basic football common sense and fuck it up. That's our guy.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Dude, there's a thread that says something to the effect of "Loss Falls on the OC" or something. Couldn't you have just posted this in there?

5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Special teams was the first thing to blame, obviously. But Schotty was #2. How many goal-line shotgun formations did he do? Can you at least give them the threat of the run? Or how about a shotgun draw? Never see that. I totally agree they should have ran on that 3rd down to set up an easier 4th down. Plus it really would've caught them off guard. Overall, just really questionable play calling all day.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It certainly appeared to be hotair... I thought for sure somebody would get thier bell rung but it was if the play never happened. I guess we needed a flag thrown for the guys to realize it was a dirty hit.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I haven't heard the interview but I have no problem with a pass in that situation. I would have thrown on first down.

#147 winstonbiggs, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

meh.

I would have liked to have seen more passing in the first half but he made good halftime adjustments and the offense looked good in the second half. If we don't give up one of the combination of 2 kick returns for TD's and a fumble recovery TD, we aren't having this conversation.

9. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

That's why you flip hamburgers instead of coaching NFL football.

10. Barry the Baptist

Being you had 4 downs that would have been the down to do it.... even if there is a sack you have 3 tries to get it back. 3rd down was the doomsday call and the worst thing that could have happened. It only gave you one shot in an all or nothing play. Even if you run on 3rd down and Jones gains 3 yards 4th and 4 is much more managable than 4th and ballgame.

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

On a side note: has anyone closely watched the WR's routes on pass plays? I'm not sure how this works, if Schotty draws the actual plays or if he uses plays that have already existed throughout the league or a combo of both, but the routes in the pass plays are usually terrible. And I doubt it has much to do with Edwards' and Cotchery's route-running skills.

When I watch pass plays by teams like Green Bay, New Orleans, New England, San Diego, among others, I see good routes being run that really help the QB find a target easily. I'm not see that at all with this Offense; it's like every pass is a struggle to find an open guy.

12. winstonbiggs

You're acting like we needed a FG to tie or win the game we needed a TD. The Dolphins pass D sucks, we have three sure handed big targets and a mobile QB who has already run for a TD. It's second and 7 and we need a first down or a TD. I don't have a power back I have an all or nothing back in Jones. I'm throwing the ball against that D.

13. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Too many curls and cutbacks instead of crosses and posts. Yes, a start and stop pattern is tough for a rookie QB to read because the margin of error is very small.

14. Barry the Baptist

We'll have to agree to disagree... if you pass you can do it on 1st but the sack ultimately was the play that took away any chance we had to win the game and could not have come at a worse time.

15. SettlerDawg

I still don't understand the argument from you guys. You guys are saying that the entire game depended on one 2nd and 6 play where Sanchez tried to pass, and then ran up the middle for a 1 yard gain. We still had 2 downs after that. I don't understand why this one play call cost us the game. Are we supposed to run on every down of every game? What is the argument?

16. winstonbiggs

The Sack on third was the killer. That doesn't mean you don't throw the ball. The fumble by Green coupled with the two consecutive run backs cost us the game. The second guessing of only going 3 for 5 in the red zone of the OC is over the top.

17. SettlerDawg

So why aren't you blaming Faneca instead of Schotty? Faneca is the highest paid lineman on our team, and he has been beaten many times, every week. On 3rd and 5/6, most teams would be passing in that situation, wouldn't you agree? Even with 4th down, you can throw a short pass on 3rd down to get 3-4 yards if you want. The reason that it became 4th and 13 was because of Faneca.

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

When you have 2nd and 6,in that area you would be better off running when you have 3 tries in 4 down territory to get that 6. Also,running the clock down and forcing them to use their timeouts would be a good idea. the gamecame down to that last drive,no matter what happened before. yeah,had we not givin up the 2 returns it would have been great,but it came down to a comeback. I was sitting there thinking we had the game no problem. only had to pound it for 6 yards. Instead...stupid pass plays resulting in the failed comeback deep in Mia territory

19. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Faneca has been atrocious. Def the worst player on our line.

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Ok. To say playcalling was to blame is certainly fair and right,as is giving up 2 tds on special teams. Nobody is wrong