Loss is on OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 1, 2009.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You mean the QB draw on second down. Go back and watch it, it was a running play.

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

For the second time, if YOU think it was a draw, fine. But I highly doubt it was.

3. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Exactly....1st down from the 12 and we only run the ball once....what BS....Jets win if the hand the ball to jones 4 times...The OC has to go now!

4. winstonbiggs

He went back pumped once with no intention of throwing the ball and ran straight up the middle. You may highly doubt it but you may well be completely wrong. Sanchez has run for TD's several times and the draw up the middle was wide open if it wasn't designed with the delayed fake.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The other thing is you can't compare how the Jets ran the ball in the 1st q to how they were running it in the 4th. The Miami D was tired and the Jets OL was getting a good push. Both 2nd and 3rd down should have been TJ runs right up the gut.

6. The Uniform Bomber

Then answer my original question to this point: if that was the playcall - a run by Sanchez - why would Schotty not call upon Jones or Green to run the ball? Why give it to Sanchez on a fucking draw of all playcalls, from the 8, with risk of fumble/injury/sack/no gain?

7. winstonbiggs

How does that explains that Jones last two runs of the game were for zero yards and 3 yards and the 11 yard run the only decent run on that drive was a quick count run when the Dolphins D wasn't ready.

8. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

In the end ... I blame Schotty

OK 2 returns for TDs was a fluke and lost us the game. Period end of story. Tackle or go home. But we had a chance to win and Schotty blew it.

Schotty's playcalling went from predictable (run it up the gut) to sublime today (naked bootleg for a TD) but it was in the final 2 minutes that Schotty lost us the game.

3rd and 6 inside the 15. SHOULD have called RUN (at worst puts us in 4 and 3 and then we RUN AGAIN for the first down) Instead he calls an obvious pass play and it backs us into a 4 and 12 situation, which Sanchez was NEVER going to make. We could have won there, but instead he Schotty put it on Sanchez to win it himself.

Now you could also say that going for 2 points on two of our TDs kept us from going for a Field Goal and tying the game, but remember the Phins went for it and didn't get a 2 pointer which they would not have tried if we were two points higher. Questionable coaches call in the third Q, but it wasn't the game killer.

9. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Should have run it on 2nd and 6 and not 3rd and 6 in my opinion. Grind out a few more yards on 2nd down (maybe you break one) and put yourself in a 3rd and 3-4 on around the 8 yard line.

10. winstonbiggs

Because the draw up the middle was open for Sanchez and Sanchez did score the previous TD on a run play and our running game was very iffy. Green averaged 2.2 and fumbled, Jones averaged about 3.5 per carry and we needed a TD not a FG.

The Lineman on the Dolphins made a really nice play if we run out of a run formation how do you know Jones doesn't run for zip like he did on the previous run before his big 3 yard run on first down?
    If we don't turn the ball over for six we win, if Sanchez gets into that hole a fraction sooner we win, if we don't give up 14 points on specials we win. If we passed the ball more in the first half maybe we blow them out instead of keeping them in the game with a run take the air out of the ball approach against a team that can't defend the pass?

#130 winstonbiggs, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Hindsight is always20/20. If they had run and lost yardage, you would say they should have passed. I will say I was mad that Shotty would not let Sanchez throw much in the first half. I figure if you are not going to let the rookie throw the ball then you don't trust him and pull him out.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Dude we all know Schotty is shit...In the beginning we blamed Schotty and in the end we will blame Schotty

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

It wasn't a draw play. Sanchez said in his press conference that he went through 2 reads and then decided to run it when he saw a hole open up.

14. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I hate Shotty, but he's not to blame for this one.

15. The Uniform Bomber

Well that settles that.

Care to revise yer argument, Winston?

#135 The Uniform Bomber, Nov 1, 2009
  16. DustinK

DustinK New Member

Fuck this guy.... you got the best rushing attack in football.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Don't worry, he'll be a HC someplace next year and we'll just have to schlep along with Callahan or whomever Rex hires as his replacement. That's a problem with genius. Alot of us mere mortals simply can't comprehend it..

#137 Cman68, Nov 1, 2009
  18. smittyf350

smittyf350 Member

I'm for Callahan. He's one of the guys like Norv Turner. Great coordinator horrible head coach

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Scary thing is, unless He turns it around PDQ, you'll be saying the same thing about Ryan too.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

He has shown some flashes of brilliance however I'm pretty pissed....There was definately a cheap shot thrown at Sanchez, hell Wilson was looking for the flag yet we never took a swipe at two like your sig suggests.