Dolphins And Jets Offense - Mirrors Of Each Other?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by zor, Oct 30, 2009.

1. zor

zor New Member

is it just me or do the two offenses look eerily similar and appearing to be going in the same direction?

both have new QBs who appear to have the poise, accuracy and strength to be our franchise QBs

both have excellent depth at running back. pro bowl runners...pounders and slashers

both have excellent offensive lines. we'll see jets and fins representing in pro bowl just watch!

we both have a decent group of receivers but not great receivers (sorry, jets, b.edwards hasn't convinced me yet)

we both have non spectacular TEs....

we look the same!

2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Oh I don't know. I think Keller is better than he's been showing as of late. Getting him into the right situation is key and then he can bang. But his lack of productivity is troubling.

If I'm being honest, the Phins receivers aren't good enough to hold the Jets' receivers jock straps. Edwards is plenty of a #1, Cotch is a solid #2.

Personally, I think Henne might have a better arm than Sanchez, though.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Damn I was really hoping Edwards would've convinced you by now. What a letdown.

4. zoobooz

zoobooz Member

Our RBs are solid, but I think Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are on another level right now. Conversely, we definitely have the advantage in the passing game. Even questioning Edwards, he's still worlds above any Dolphins receiver, combined with hopefully a healthy Cotchery, and Keller are far better than their Dolphins counterparts.

I agree QBs are a wash.

The biggest question in this game is whether our defense decides to show up this time and is able to stop the wildcat.

5. Tolan

Tolan New Member

are you trying to say greg camarillo and ted ginn are on the same level as cotchery and edwards? Plus the fins RB core is on another level since we lost leon, plus they run a completely different offensive scheme. this is a dumb post

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was actually thinking about this earlier. Not so much that hey are mirrors of each other, but that they are at similar stages in development.

I think Henne and Sanchez may be equal in terms of how dangerous they can be even at this early stage of both of their developments, even though they have different skillsets.

The Phins get a large advantage at RB.

The Jets easily have a large advantage at wideout.

Both have solid if unspectacular offensive lines.

I think the Phins have the advantage at TE until Keller proves otherwise, but Keller is a damn dangerous dude. Fasano is a classic big and quick TE with excellent hands, I hate that the Phins picked him up.

On defense... I think the Jets have a brighter future. The Phins have a lot of age on their LB corps, and I'm not sure what to make of their young corners yet. Safety is also questionable. But they do a good job of applying pressure up front, and you never know what kind of diamonds Parcells will harvest to rebuild the defense when the time comes (assuming he hangs around that long).

These 2 teams will definitely be a very interesting matchup again on Sunday.

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I think the OP is pretty much spot-on. Except the WR comment. If you think Braylon and Cotch aren't head-&-shoulders above the Phins WRs, then I really don't know what to tell you.

8. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

BP to Skins in 2010...

Bill Parcells Coaching/Managing

AFCe..........NFCe
    Patsies..........Giants
    Jets.............Cowgirls
    Fish...............????? <- Insert Skins here
    ?????.............?????

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was actually thinking Buffalo. I doubt he would work for Snyder after the nonsense he had to put up with in Dallas.

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Mirrors of each other? Not at all.

Jets do not run wildcat 65% of the game, fins do.

Nuff said.

11. zor

zor New Member

agree with everything you said except the thing about the offensive line... i think both are on their way to being spectacular and are already good. #1 and #2 rushing attacks attest to that.

agree with the fasano thing...he was great last year...really good and now he's just playing in the shadows.

fins defense is in transition......the old guard slowly dropping off to make room for the new guard. it will be interesting to see how the dolhpins handle matt roth who has had a good outing as a LB and DE... having JUST got back to non-injured status he needs to prove he's a fitting replacement for jason taylor who is still productive. j.porter - i've never been too impressed with him - not even with his great season last year. i think when he gets to the QB he gets to the QB..and when he doesn't, he spectacularly doesn't....in other words, you just don't even feel him making an impact. i always hear aobut teams having to double team him but that's BS, teams hardly ever do unless the backs are in pass protection too. will allen, albeit not that old, is out for the season and chances are good the two rookies starting this sunday at CB will stay at their #1 and #2 spot next year. miami's invested a 1st round pick in vontae davis and sean smith is turning out to be an EXCELLENT corner. g.wilson needs to go .....we need a young guy to develop there. yeremiah bell is relatively consistent at safety. miami's line is its forte...it stops the run normally...this year they're not playing as stingy as last year but i think it's because the secondary is fucking up so much that LBs are dropping into coverage more often and not providing as much run support as before. i don't agree with you that they apply good pressure up front...it's one of the most frustrating things i see on our defense...no pressure from our line. but using a 3-4 scheme, i wouldn't expect them to generate that much pressure...and like i said, our LBs have been dropping into coverage more often this season.

i'm telling you though......all signs are pointing to a great couple of years of rivalry games. i'm anxious to see sanchez and henne grow into our top tier QBs.

zor

12. Clown

Clown New Member

All this positive talk about chad henne will surely end on sunday...

13. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

You know that was a terrible post right? Please show us stats indicating such claim.

14. RockyMtnPhinFan

RockyMtnPhinFan New Member

That my friend is a retarded statement. The dolphins don't run the wildcat anywhere near that much of their offensive snaps. It's not even close to being the majority of their offensive snaps.

- The Wildcat has produced 318 yards and two touchdowns in 48 plays in the first five games. That's 6.6 yards per Wildcat play.

And this is from 2008-
    In 2008, the Miami Dolphins ran a total of 965 plays for 5,529 yards, a 5.7 yards-per-play average and 38 offensive (rushing and passing) touchdowns. Of those plays, 91 were run out of the Wildcat formation -- the actual Wildcat, not a read-option or shotgun draw misclassified as such -- for 580 yards, a 6.7 yards-per-play average and eight touchdowns. It didn't work all the time (it REALLY didn't work against the Baltimore Ravens' malevolent defense), but imitators sprouted up everywhere. The Falcons started running "Dirty Bird" formations with direct snaps to running back Jerious Norwood, and the Browns found success with their "flash" packages, using receiver/return maven Josh Cribbs, a former quarterback at Kent State, as the main man.

#14 RockyMtnPhinFan, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  15. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

Jets and Phins both have young quarterbacks and want to run the football but the dolphins rb's are clearly on another level and the Jets wide recievers/tight ends are definitely better

16. Fman99

Fman99 New Member

That team is too far gone, even for the Tuna to fix.