miami @ jets ~ ~ ~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Oct 26, 2009.

1. RockyMtnPhinFan

RockyMtnPhinFan New Member

you nailed it..........the saints were blitzing their safeties and then we tried to get them off guard, but fasano dropped the ball. Normally if the ball comes out Sparano moves on. If you guys bring safeties down, expect a pass play.

2. RockyMtnPhinFan

The beer toast is funny......because Hartline is the new Ginn. Many people have wanted him on the bench for more than a year. Losing Ginn, really, will only trick your CB's into thinking they can cheat up because our WR have no speed without Ginn. This would be a mistake.

3. RockyMtnPhinFan

You know, it could be Pat White throwing it too.............not many dolphin fans agree with it, but they stick him into the lineup randomly......so the pass COULD be coming from him too. I am not a fan yet, not a hater, but not sold on him yet.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I posted these comments in a different thread, but this is the thred in which they really belong. Rex Ryan said this yesterday about Sunday's game:

10/28 ?

Rex Ryan quoted a certain Miami running back in the opening remarks to his news conference today. If you thought there was a subtle message there, you're probably right. "As Ronnie Brown said, the tougher 11 guys will win on the field and will get the job done," Ryan said following today's first practice of the week for Sunday's home rematch against the Dolphins.

Asked what he meant by using that remark, Rex was ready. "That's a great quote. Obviously, they must've felt they were the tougher team that Monday night," Ryan said, referring to the 31-27 'Fins win three games ago. "And we'll see who the tougher team is this time.

"I think it's a great statement. I think he's dead-on," Rex continued. "I don't have the silver tongue like he does. I respect Ronnie Brown. I think he's a heck of a football player, he and his partner, Ricky Williams. I couldn't agree with him more on his statement."

There is no question Ryan appreciated the Dolphins' showing against his defense in primetime: 151 rushing yards, 262 passing yards, 23 first downs, 31points. If anyone missed his grudging admiration at the time, he repeated his sentiment today:

"Other than struggling to stop the run and the pass ... those would be the two areas I think we need to improve in. That wasn't our day."

But unless I miss my guess, I'd say Ryan's message was: We respect you. But you won't be the only tough team on the Meadowlands turf on Sunday. On the Miami Wildcat, he said, "Whether it was the scheme, the execution, whatever it was, they got the job done. So we'll see what happens."

On QB Chad Henne, he replied, "Hey, they threw the ball for 250 yards. That's the number that really jumps out at you." But, he noted, "This is Henne's first NFL start away from his home stadium. We'll see how that works out for him. This is a difficult place to play."

The bottom line, if Rex needed to underscore it, is that Miami had the NFL's rushing offense when they played the Jets. Now the Dolphins are No. 2 ? and the Jets are No. 1. "If you like old-fashioned football, this is a game you don't want to miss," said the Jets' head coach. "If you want to see an aerial circus and all stuff like that, you'll probably have to go to a different game."

Rex's closing point was that had the Jets lost a difficult Monday night game on the road to Minnesota or Chicago, the chance for payback wouldn't come for four years. "The great thing about this one is it's right now. It's happening right now," he said. "They've only played one game, and they get us again, so we'll see. Every man in that room I'm sure felt ? I know I did, that I wanted this opportunity again.

"Now sometimes be careful what you wish for. Ronnie Brown hit it on the head, and I think we're going to find out. We're going to find out who has the tougher 11. And I'm OK with that."

5. Al13

Al13 Member

miami really put some nice formations and shifts in during the 1st half of the game, brees was really really confused, i don?t get it why they went away from it in the 2nd half

#65 Al13, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  6. flgreen

flgreen New Member

I have to assume that means after three bad marriages you have decided to switch teams.

Kelly?s a dude that likes to play like a women. Good luck

7. kelly

kelly Banned

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You can probably just cut and paste that post every week for the rest of the season.

9. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Should I be afraid of henne and the dolphins passing game?? I am not. If we loose this came because of the dolphins pass game we deserve a lose

10. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

The anticipation to this game is really pissing me off, yeah it's a rival game but god the amount of crap that is spewing out of everyone's mouth is embarrassing. The way they are talking they are acting like they are playing for the division title. Both Teams aren't where they want to be and have no right to run their mouths especially Bart Scott and Channing Crowder

11. RockyMtnPhinFan

You should probably get used to the lead up to these games between our teams. With the arrival to both of our teams of these new young QB's, this rivalry is hotter than ever. Throw in the idea that we are both battling to try and keep the shitty ass Pats in view only makes it more heated.
    Henne is emerging, and so is Hot Dog................i am going to enjoy this. Getting to watch the entire rivalry between these two develop is going to be great football.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

This is the Dolphins, this is what rivalry is about. I have and always will HATE the Dolphins with as much passion as is possible to have. People saying shit without thinking goes on on both sides , mutual bullshitting :finssuck:

13. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

i really only remember Jason Taylor talking crap recently and then him getting shut up every time they lost. other than that i have never heard so much crap from two teams before. The Jets Pats rivarly hasn't gotten to the point where our players want to knock tom brady out of the game

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Great, football is meant to be played this way, not the way asshole Goodell wants it, bubble wrapped on every down.
    We don't have smack talk like this every single game, so just enjoy it. If it gets on your nerves and hate it, stay away from it. Come 5pm sunday it will all be forgotten until next season

15. kelly

kelly Banned

16. kelly

kelly Banned

17. kelly

kelly Banned

18. ciscoholgate

ciscoholgate Member

Because our DC is an idiot.

19. kelly

kelly Banned

20. kelly