Tim Teblows

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa, Oct 27, 2009.

1. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

The Heisman is a joke of an award, it's right up there with the Gold Glove, not that Tebow didn't deserve it it's just irrelevant, and did Tebow even take a meaningful snap during the first NC run?

As for the second one, Florida was clearly the best team, Tebow was a big part but it's not as if he carried them, and Harvin should have been the MVP of the national championship game

Young pretty much beat USC by himself...a team people were calling the greatest in the history of college football

Because they don't play QB they're somehow inferior players? What kind of argument is that?

And Tebow only has TWO fourth quarter comebacks in his career, thats as many as Tate Forcier

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, they weren't calling that single season team the greatest, they were calling that team over the few years combined as. that team that lost to Texas had a lackluster defense and many injuries to it to compound it. that single season team was hardly the greatest ever.

a better argument than attempting to diminish a QB's accomplishments who is apparently good enough to always give his team a lead and thus never have to make fourth quarter comebacks.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's just hilarious. The award given to the best player in college football is a "joke" ...

He scored 13 touchdowns - second most of the team...as a role player.

Tebow carries them in just about every game.

The same USC team that almost...no, wait...should have...lost to Fresno State...???

(Don't give Texas' defense any credit for making a huge stop on 4th and short...)

I didn't say that. Quarterback is just a much more important position.

...and this is important why? He's 28-4 as a starter. Tebow's rarely in a situation where he has to lead his team back.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Tebow's career will go down as more impressive than Young's.

If he was any good, his team would obviously be trailing at the end of games to give him an opportunity to lead a 4th quarter comeback drive. Duh. Just look at Brett Favre and Tom Brady! They're good because they have X number of comeback drives.

:grin:

#24 Yisman, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  5. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Charles Woodson?

Barry Sanders?

I don't think Tebow is the greatest, but what the fuck are you talking about?

At least have the decency to say names like Jim Brown, Jim Thorpe or Archie Griffin. Fuck, even throw me an Ernie Davis:up: before Charles Woodson and Barry Sanders.

*** And Vince Young was 30-2 as a starter. For the record.

6. DraftaFullBack

Don't give Florida's ridiculously stacked defense any credit

It's not important, it was a response to you saying " You can't win a game from behind at the last minute with a running back. "

I suck at arguing

If you don't think Barry Sanders is one of the greatest college football players ever (lol at putting Archie Griffen ahead of him) then i don't really know what to tell you except you have no idea what you're talking about

7. SyracuseJet

What was I thinking? How could I put a guy with 2 Heismans and 4 years as a starter over a one year wonder who was a backup his first two seasons. Stupid me.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Apparently winning the Heisman means nothing...

Even though he's creaming his pants over guys like Bo Jackson, Charles Woodson, and Barry Sanders - all guys that received the same award.

9. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

If Tebow wins a 3rd National Championship he's in the discussion with greatest college players of all time. I'm not sure about the best but he's certainly in the discussion. I do not think he'll make a great pro, but he's the best college quarterback in a very very long time. You don't score as many TD's as he did last year on accident.

10. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

If he wins another championship he is the greatest college football winner of all time... As a player he is in the discussion but is probaly more likely in the top 10 and not no. 1.

11. DraftaFullBack

Griffin was a good college player but the numbers he put up were because he was on a good team with a good line and they ran the ball so much.

His teammate Pete Johnson had 25 TDs the season Griffin won his second Heisman

And Barry Sanders was a backup because Thurman Thomas was the starter in front of him, and once he got his chance to start he had the single greatest season any player in the history of college football ever had.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...must be because he was on a good team with a good line.

13. SyracuseJet

I dont care if he had 3000 yards and 40 TDs. One season as a starter automatically disqualifies you from even being considered the GOAT in college football.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

How can a system be a gimmick?

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Tebow's probably the best college football quarterback since Tommie Frazier. Frazier was another guy who scouts and fans wondered about as to how he'd translate to the pro game. Sadly, that never came to be due to the blood clot problems. Frazier was truly phenomenal in the college game.

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i dont mean cheap or anything, but the system is a basic spread offense with alot of simple WR Reverses and the QB option plays thrown in to suit Tebows skill.

the system looked solid in Utah but Tebow took it to another level. thats what I'm saying.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I think it's okay for someone to rank Barry Sanders high atop the all-time charts. I wouldn't put him in my top 10, though.

Hugh Green hasn't been mentioned yet. He's top 10 in my book. Another Pitt player who would have to be considered is Tony Dorsett.

Doak Walker, Herschel Walker, Sammy Baugh, Red Grange, Jim Thorpe, Roger Staubach, Johnny Rodgers, Earl Campbell, Archie Manning, and Archie Griffin are others who would all certainly be in the mix for top 10 status.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Maybe it's just a dictionary definition thing.

A gimmick is a gadget or a ruse. To me, that indicates something done here or there, once in a blue moon kind of thing. Florida runs a spread offense but they do it all the time. Opponents know what the Gators will try to do. Stuff's on tape.
    Same thing with the Miami Dolphins wildcat offense. It's not a gimmick because the Dolphins do it on a regular basis. The wildcat is a gimmick when the Jets run it.

19. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Well Tebow is human. And that people don't think just because he's a Christian, doesn't mean he'll have his days. We all have our days. They need to cut him some slack!

20. jerseyjetfan84

Too many haters out there. Your talking about a kid with two national titles, not too bad IMO.