miami @ jets ~ ~ ~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Then post in the hot dog thread or read it and stop trolling.

2. Gator

Gator Active Member

3. RockyMtnPhinFan

RockyMtnPhinFan New Member

Bad Karma? Nahhhh. Put it into this context: If someone said you were an american and then some analyst said,"he's probably out eating a cheeseburger" would that offend you? We are too sensitive IMO to this kind of shit.

Back to football: do you guys ever run a 4-3 defense? I think that is what the sainst played against the wildcat and seemed to stop it pretty good. Do you guys run a hybrid that also involves the 4-3 or are you guys just 3-4?

4. Gator

Gator Active Member

It's a great point. The key to stopping the Wildcat is D lineman. Jets have great linebackers, but once it gets to the linebackers Ricky and/or Ronnie have a head of steam and can make a move on any linebacker, no matter how good. Playing some 4-3 when the Phins go into the Wildcat is not a bad idea.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i think rex likes the 4-6 defense. bring the safety up to the line and get more bodies at the point of attack.

6. RockyMtnPhinFan

RockyMtnPhinFan New Member

You guys brought lots of people last time and it didn't work for some reason. With the emergence of Henne you have to be careful, you may need to leave that safety in some type of coverage. With Hartline working as a #1 WR this week and then maybe putting Ginn as a #2, we MAY have more fire power this week. I cautiously say MAY.

7. Gator

Gator Active Member

Yeah, but then they run a play where Ronnie throws it and then the D is all discombobulated. That's what makes their wildcat different. Ronnie throwing it.

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

If our secondary or LBs can't defend a pass thrown by a running back, then we might as well hang it up.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

revis will take one of those guys out by himself. if your gonna talk about the ginn td it has been stated by everyone that revis was supposed to have help over the top on that play so he undercut the slant thinking kerry rhodes would have his back. i am sure a mix up like that won't be happening again.

we brought lots of guys but i think we only ran the 4-6 on a series or two. the first time ryan called i believe you guys went three and out, but even you didn't it was one of your least effective drives of the day. i don't remember if the dolphins adjusted to beat the formation or if it just didn't get called again.

either way i doubt you see much blitzing the wildcat this time. this week they seem to be focusing on maintaining gaps and staying home. its gonna come to down to holding/getting off blocks and making/missing tackles.

10. Gator

Gator Active Member

Why hang it up? We can get hurt by it and still win the game. We got thrashed by it in Miami and they still needed to score in the last second to win it. Ronnie Brown is just a great football player period. He's going to make plays and hurt teams. Not just us.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

The run and draw are the bread and butter of that formation so if they play disciplined run D and let the corners handle the RB throwing it, then they stand a good chance of success.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

with revis and hopefully shephard our cb's shouldnt have a problem defending the pass in the wildcat since the plays end quickly... usually. if we cant get to RB throwing the ball fast enough then it could be tougher.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

We run a offset 3-4, and lineup at 4-3 close to 60% of the time.

We do this to take advantage of the skill and ability of Harris and Scott.

When we lineup in the 4-3 it also gives Pace more shots rushing around the edge as seen against the supposed NFL Raiders.

14. 624

624 Banned

15. kelly

kelly Banned

#55 kelly, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  16. dylan

dylan Banned

I've been married three times for a total of 11.4 years so, me first . . please.

17. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

Sheppard is likely out this week.

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

Good thing we're not playing the Rams. A Sheppard would come in handy.....What?

19. kelly

kelly Banned

20. kelly

kelly Banned