Mark Sanchez Donates Hot Dogs to Hungry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sunnygs97, Oct 28, 2009.

1. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez is trying to turn Hot Dog-Gate into an opportunity to help the less fortunate in New Jersey.

Sanchez donated more than 1,000 hot dogs and hamburgers to the Community Soup Kitchen of Morristown, a representative of the quarterback told ESPN's Shelley Smith.

Sanchez was the subject of criticism -- and issued an apology -- when he was caught on camera Sunday eating a hot dog on the sidelines during the Jets' 38-0 victory over the Raiders.

Sanchez was criticized two weeks ago for looking dejected on the sideline while throwing five interceptions in an overtime loss to Buffalo. He was happy enough after his performance Sunday, in which he threw for a touchdown and ran for another, that he was caught by television cameras trying to discreetly eat a hot dog at the end of the blowout.

"I want to apologize for that," he said. "I wasn't feeling very good and didn't eat much before the game, so I was feeling a little queasy. Toward the end of the game, I probably should have eaten one of those bars or something, but someone offered [a hot dog], so I grabbed it and tried to be discreet about it, but obviously not discreet enough. So I shouldn't have done that, and it won't happen again."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4601304

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

we have an official hotdog thread. I'm thinking a hotdog subforum could go a long way.

3. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

This article deserves its own thread. It's a meaningful gesture by Sanchez, but I think he's trying too hard to cover himself up. Not required, It's just a hot dog.

That.. is another story if he ate a hotdog during a game in which the Jets lost.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I'll never knock a player for donating, nice job Mark!

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It's almost like we have a little kid playing QB. One week they have to cheer him up so he doesn't cry, the next week he has a hot dog on the sideline and gets in trouble. I'm waiting for him to float away in a balloon and send everyone into a panic.

But this was a nice gesture and a way to turn whatever it was into something good, so kudos to Mark. Now tuck that ball away and don't give the Dolphins any freebees and we're square, ok Mark?

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He won't really be in the balloon though will he?

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

hahaha, Good work sanchez. That was a classy thing to do.

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

Since it was 4' o'clock in Oakland when he ate the hot dog, I was worried he was going to ruin his appetite for dinner. I hope he's wearing a sweater if he goes out today.

9. Italian Seafood

No, it will all be a hoax orchestrated by Kellen Clemens and Erik Ainge in an effort to get some TV time.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

So fuckin' stupid! Not him donating the hot dogs, but actually apologizing about eating one on the sideline. When you're hungry, you're hungry. It's so idiotic that people got upset over that. The Raiders should feel disgraced that they played bad enough for Kellen Clemens to see the field, not that Sanchez was eating a hot dog.

11. Italian Seafood

That's right, and a hat and his rain shoes. :up:

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Nothing says "helping the less fortunate" like sending a crate full of lips n' assholes to the nearest shelter with a note saying "Eat THIS!".

In all seriousness though....Nice work, kid.....classy move. :)

13. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Good think Mark was not eating a taco, otherwise Dierdorf and Gumbal might have been suspended. Oh wait, that would be a good thing!

14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

WHERES THE CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATION!?!?!?

Sirrisiously, how can anyone worry about anything going on in the world today so long as Sanchez's international crime goes unpunished?

15. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

This story is not specific enough in its details. There were 500 hot dogs and 500 hamburgers according to New York Jets twitter on the tgg homepage. What if it were 400 hot dogs and 600 hamburgers? I'd be devastated. I am disappointed in the lack of accurate information here that could affect our daily lives dramatically. What's that? No one gives a shit? Oh OK, nevermind.:up:

#15 bojanglesman, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  16. Italian Seafood

A bunch of people could have taken a fall there--Imus, Carton, who knows?

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Cool move by Mark. I love seeing people put a positive spin on things. Especially something that was so silly in the first place. Nice job Sanchez.

Now this week I want you to eat tuna salad in the 4Q. Starkist, preferably, since it's the one with the most dolphin in it.

18. Italian Seafood

It just occured to me the connection of the Tuna (Parcells) running the Dolphins. Weren't people supposed to stop eating tuna a while back because the dolphins were getting caught in the nets? I'm surprised the league let this happen.

19. jrjrjr4

jrjrjr4 New Member

Classy move

This guy knows how to make people like him.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Maybe we can call the new stadium "Weiner Stadium"