17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Hey I love the Jets, I do have front row seats but that is only cause they were available. I picked up four as four was available as I wanted two and a trader said he would buy the other pair at face and let me keep play-off rights! The trader lost his job a week later and I got stuck with four front row seats. I got a friend to buy nearly all of one set at face and then in the end I could only make it to a few games so I had a lot of tickets to sell, donate or find friends to go with. It was one big pain in butt.

The Jets forced me into buying or get thrown off waiting list as they told me I had no chance for UD Non-PSL in 2010 if I did not have season tickets in 2009. In fact they did the same thing to a few people I know who were on waiting list and was on fence about buying in 2009.

Turns out we could have skipped 2009 and still got UD seats in 2010. But hey I have an earlier senority number and got to see some games in good seats unlike next year when I am in nosebleeds.

Best part is seeing some games up close, worst part is I got stuck with a lot of pre-season games where I was losing my shirt which forced me to sell some of the better games to make up for the loss. As a new Jets Season ticket it is pretty shocking to be paying $440 for a preseason game where the tickets are worth barely $150 and then have to do it twice.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

This whole thing has gotten out of control. We all have our opinions on the PSL situation however how other people spend their money isn't my business until they ask for a federal bailout. Would I buy a PSL? hell no BUT if someone does I don't need to insult them either. We all have something we piss money on. I'm sure people here smoke so yea they piss their money on that and get lung cancer? Should we make this a board to rip on them too?

3. BigGorilla

BigGorilla New Member

Anyone know if the Jets/Giants are the only stadiums where owning a PSl does NOT entitle you to first shot at tickets to other stadium events ?

4. 309'em

309'em Member

I'm also one of those row 8 people located in section 343. I may be spared the "new rows 5-7" but even worse it looks like they have installed some really nasty plexiglass panels behind the concrete platform which in my view is even worse than new rows of seats. If I knew this was going to happen I never would have selected these seats.

Looks like one year and out for me.

5. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

1 PSL financed and season tickets = 1 pack of smokes per day.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Well, I'm sorry to inform you, but you're "out of control." By making this post, you're insulting those who have trusted the Jets' distinguished personnel in charge of seating.

How dare you go against the Woody Johnson Jets establishment and question authority? Who TF do you think you are, anyway? A concerned Season Ticketholder who supported the team for so many years and who now finds himself out on his ass?

Suck it up for one more season in the Uppers and then it's "Take care, asshole" when you decide to cut it loose forever. Your kind of team devotion we don't need.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

PSL owners to get a pre-sale opportunity but since we share the stadium I guess they are counting on not everyone wanting them.

I just got a U2 email that told me to be on the lookout for the PSL advance sale of the tix.

I believe you can purchase them through your Jets/ticketmaster account.

Let the bashing begin!! :beer:

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i also got the u2 email

9. JetsSec337Lot13B

Got the U2 and Bon Jovi emails.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

no i dont go to bars. and if i do i will have a few before going and then let the ladies buy for me :)

no movie theatres for me.

i buy socks and boxers. huge ticket items.

11. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

Why aren't I getting these emails??

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

We?ve lowered the ticket pricing of our Mezzanine Clubs to put the club experience within reach. We've heard from many fans who prefer to sit in a club, but just can't afford the annual ticket cost. Now you can. Experience Jets football like never before.

Take advantage of this opportunity to sit in the best seats, enjoy the best views, access the best parking, and share the best game day experience - now at a price you can afford. Club seat ticket prices have been reduced as much as 50%. For as little as $45 per game more than some lower bowl seats, you can watch the game in the Mezzanine Clubs.

Don?t just take our word for it; seeing is believing. Click here to experience this opportunity and then call me to upgrade your seats to the mezzanine club.

Mezzanine Club Corner was $400, now $195
    Mezzanine Club Goal Line was $400, now $245
    Mezzanine Club Sideline was $500, now $295
    Mezzanine Club Prime was $500, now $395

13. MadBacker Prime

Here is the link-

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/video/1839-jets-mezzanine-clubs

14. 309'em

309'em Member

I'm so sorry Woody, please forgive me.

15. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

From the site:

The "reasonable increases" are what's holding me back from upgrading.

16. kaboom

kaboom Member

Originally Posted by RowOneJetFan
    We?ve lowered the ticket pricing of our Mezzanine Clubs to put the club experience within reach. We've heard from many fans who prefer to sit in a club, but just can't afford the annual ticket cost. Now you can. Experience Jets football like never before.

Take advantage of this opportunity to sit in the best seats, enjoy the best views, access the best parking, and share the best game day experience - now at a price you can afford. Club seat ticket prices have been reduced as much as 50%. For as little as $45 per game more than some lower bowl seats, you can watch the game in the Mezzanine Clubs.

Don?t just take our word for it; seeing is believing. Click here to experience this opportunity and then call me to upgrade your seats to the mezzanine club.

Mezzanine Club Corner was $400, now $195
    Mezzanine Club Goal Line was $400, now $245
    Mezzanine Club Sideline was $500, now $295
    Mezzanine Club Prime was $500, now $395

Has anyone actually sat in these seats? I will have seats in Sect 134 (goal line), row 16 and the ticket agent is trying to get me to "upgrade" to Mezz Club Goal Line. Per seat price goes from $140 to $245 but the PSL is $2500 less. Per the website it seems like the Mezz seats are quite a bit further away, although one probably gets a better full field perspective. The agent says I can come down a check out the seats, but that will painful as I live 2 hours away and they can only arrange showings during the weekdays.

On the surface it doesn't seem worth the extra $100 per seat. Nice to get access to some indoor bar/restaurants for 4pm games but I'd only consider this if the seats themselves were significantly better seats.

Thanks

17. MadBacker Prime

The Mezz is way back, way way back in the new one. Hence the lower PSL price.

Ask for a tour, that should make your decision much easier.

18. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

AP reports it as follows:

Jets offer season tix to general publicComment Email Print Share Associated Press

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets are making season tickets for the new Meadowlands stadium available to the general public, beginning Nov. 1, and are cutting the prices on some seats by as much as 50 percent.

The team announced Wednesday that it would reduce the prices in the four sections of the Mezzanine Club, which makes up approximately 7,000 of the 80,000 seats in the new stadium. The reductions will include corner-seat tickets, which are being cut from $400 to $195, and sideline seats, which are going from $500 to $295.

The Jets say they have sold 70 percent of their non-premium seats to existing season ticket holders, but have no plans to adjust the prices of the personal seat licenses in the new stadium.

19. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

So if I read the AP correctly, 70% of non-club seats have been sold. Which likely means they haven't sold many club seats at all.

20. MadBacker Prime

DO you have the article link??