17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

+1

I know I'm excited, we live in the NY market and most teams are doing PSL's.

Once everyone does have a new stadium(at some point) they'll have PSL's or outrageous ticket prices.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hey man i had just as much fun watching 11 year olds as i do the jets. its football either way at least the kids are playing cause they enjoy it.

there are many out there who SHOULD care.

3. alleycat9

rod why be a lemming and just accept it? do you need the jets that badly?

its ok because everyone is doing it? the pop warner game was free... oh wait but thats only kids playing for fun.... much different than the nfl.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm of the opinion that once this PSL bullshit has run its course and people across the country realize the total scam being perpetrated, the tide will change and it'll be rejected universally in most major markets.

Then the last laugh will be on the NY market and Season Ticketholder for having bought into the ridiculous PSLs and outrageous ticket prices to begin with, just because "most teams" seem to be doing it and the fan base "had no other choice."

The greatest Ponzi Scheme ever created. "Create the illusion that something is so worthwhile that it pays to put money up front for the priviledge of doing business with that entity. Then compound the outrage by charging many times what the product is worth on an annual basis." PT Barnum was right. There's one born every minute.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

It does amaze to what length people will go in terms of dollars to see their favorite team. In any sport that applies. People keep buying so the price keeps going up.

6. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

So what are you doin wasting time on a Jets message board , doesn't the pop warner team have a web site.

I agree with Hofstra, no one in their right mind likes the fact that we are being charged PSL's. But why do others here feel its their right to bash and dissuade Jet fans who are excited to buy into the new stadium.

You can say your only offering information and are educating the public on how much a rip off PSL's are , but bottom line you and others here's are using your dissatisfaction with the Jets to take thinly veiled swipes at those who have willingly bought PSLs.

7. alleycat9

your right mehl i am. i think there are much better things we could all do with the shit ton of money that gets spent on the jets. from tickets to parking to gas to get there to all the food that gets eaten to the concessions to the..... on and on and on.

yes it frustrates me that people will allow themselves to get what i view as duped by this whole fanatic thing. it really is a disease and the older i get the more i realize the jets really dont mean shit to anything in this world. i enjoy watching them and they are my favorite team. im sure as shit not going to extend myself monetarily or otherwise for them.

there are many people who simply dont think about things... i think 227 is truely trying to make sure they know the deal and give them information. he has done that throughout.

me well i could say that and to an extent its true but in actuality it just amazes me how people are. the jets are greed from the ownership to the fanatics. so i will sit here on my soapbox and speak my mind, feel free to ignore me.

i have no issue with anyone in particular, i dont have hatred for those who bought season tickets. i wish them the best of luck, many of them will need it.

actually many pop warner teams do have websites. they are free, as is this one. when i start having to pay to watch nfl games i will stop watching nfl games. i dont care who plays on nfl network they will not get my money.

8. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

^ So do you go to bars? Because surely you can drink at home for much cheaper, right? Bars are businesses that are just trying to make money off of you by charging you more for drinks than you would pay if you just bought the alcohol on yer own and consumed it in yer own private establishment.

Do you go to movie theaters?

Do you buy clothes or do you make them yerself?

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

I make my own clothing and alcohol. Bath Tub Mint Julip anyone?

10. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I bet you probably thought cable TV would never last either - People will never shell out money to watch TV.

Your last statement just makes me laugh. Can't you understand the fact that most people aren't buying the tickets and PSL's because they feel its an investment. Not sure how other's feel but I don't feel that everything in life I spend money on has to make me a profit.

11. MadBacker Prime

I am a BIG Jet fan!! I love going to games, I don't really like watching other sports.

Like I've said numerous times this is the only hobby if this is a hobby or passion I should say that I sink large amounts of money on.

Obviously I'd love for it to be cheaper but there is no way in hell I'm missing a game.

That plus my Dad deserves it.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I would love to see a Accountant invite a Jet player over for 3 hours every sunday during busy season to watch him do tax returns while he charges him to park and charges him for beer and a hot dog and $140 bucks for a seat. Then maybe he can sell him a PSL so he could have the right to do this ten sundays a year for the next 30 years. Even better the Sundays leading up to April 15 could have higher ticket prices as that is the final stretch or the play-offs for CPAs. Maybe the Accountant could sell him a jersey and a hat too!!!! or charge 5k a ticket to the 2010 April 15th CPA Championship!!

A Jet player would think that is crazy and that is what he thinks of fans who do it to watch him at his place of work.

13. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

You sound so bitter. I feel bad for you.

14. MadBacker Prime

Here is a list of some of the teams that have seat licenses:
    NFL Seat Licenses

 Baltimore Ravens
     Carolina Panthers
     Chicago Bears
     Cincinnati Bengals
     Cleveland Browns
     Dallas Cowboys
     Green Bay Packers
     New York Giants
     New York Jets
     Houston Texans
     Philadelphia Eagles
     Pittsburgh Steelers
     Seattle Seahawks
     Tennessee Titans
     St. Louis Rams

Some of these teams call them something different such as a SBL (Stadium Builder License), but it's all the same.

The Rams, Texans, Seahawks, Cleveland, and Carolina are all jokes but they have them and aren't going anywhere.

Do you think the biggest media market in the world would pass on this? Sooner or later the stadium will be sold out and what I'm dreading is that the real Jet fan won't be at the game and will be too many suits.

I understand the other side of the argument, my father was so pissed that he was done. I'm on the other side of this argument and have accepted for better or worse that if I want to see my team play I have to pay.

Which is okay, it's a passion of mine and I don't mind spending the money. I love my seats too.

15. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Getting back to the ADA platform row 5-7 controversy, I got a reply from my rep today after emailing him several days ago:

"By law we are required to have a certain amount of ADA seats throughout the stadium each season. Dozens of sections were blocked out for such requests and now that we have a more hard number of requests/needs for 2010, some seats have been added throughout the stadium. These are called filler seats and can change each season depending on requests/needs of ADA seats. We therefore cannot sell these as season tickets. I wish I could move you down but these are not permanent."

They should have been more clear about this during the selection process, IMO. I chose row 8 seats specifically because I had been told that they were "effectively row 1" in that section. Now I'll be sitting behind random single gamers or "friends of the organization" it seems.

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

same thing my rep said.

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I talked to my rep and he said don't worry, all you guys on Ganggreen are basically retarded anyhow so feel free to sit in the ADA seats.

18. MadBacker Prime

[​IMG]

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

You sound like you're more interested in playing the ticket game and being a big shot in great seats than the team or game itself.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You guys are being way too critical of these poor reps. They're barely making a living, for God sakes, so of course they're going to stretch the truth a bit. What else would you do?

My rep was telling me he was making a lot more money selling ShamWows at local flea markets before Woody recruited him to do this. Now some other rep has his ShamWow market area and he may have to go down to work for HoverRound in Florida when this is all over, scamming seniors down in The Villages.