Gumbel and Dierdorf

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sunnygs97, Oct 25, 2009.

1. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I try but when you watch the boob tube in HD ts about 4 seconds behind the live action on the radio. Greg Buttle & Bob Wischusen do an AWESOME job on 1050. "Shoe's" calls and explanations are some of the best.

Olberman: How come he sucks now? When he was doing the Dan Patrick show on 1050 he was much better - maybe being a political ANAL-ist has reduced his high functional thinking for sports.

Gumbel and Deirdoff are terrible. Was it last year or two years ago when Simms was calling our games? He did a good solid job - I liked him better.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Just makes me appreciate Phil SImms so much more.

Simms is the best on doing homework and talking facts about the game without being one sided.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Olberman has become almost unlistenable and I like him. He just has to clutter 1000 jokes into 20 seconds of footage. Unfortunately, they're dry.

Bob Wischusen is incredible on the radio but it seems he's toned it down a little these past 2 years.
    His TD calls in the past were full of excitement, now they're just enthused TD calls.

His Justin Miller TD call vs the Colts was incredible and in line to how he used to call it.
    I think he's catering up a little bit to the ESPN (Patsy) boys and even w/ that he's still great.