Ryan Isn't Backing Down From Brash Talk

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Oct 21, 2009.

1. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

Rex Ryan is THE MAN. :jets:

2. Howard Stern

Howard Stern New Member

Dolphin fan here & FH regular. I am not here to start any shit. I'm just curious if you guys like this kind of thing from your coach. Personally, Crowder makes me sick when he talks unwarranted shit. If it was Sporano, I wouldn't like it. I must admit, it did look good when the Jets started out the way they did, but shouldn't he tone it down a notch? Is this something you guys are into or just hoping it works out for the better?

Btw that moron calling for Mangini back reminds me of some of the douchebags we have posting on FH.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ we like it because its what this franchise lacks - balls.

Ryan is also a proven coordinator known for not backing down. Crowder is known for nothing. He's a decent LB who can be replaced with ease. Like Bryan Thomas.

The moron with the Mangini thread is known for his retardation. don't worry about him.

4. Howard Stern

Howard Stern New Member

I respect the swagger, and I agree with you about Crowder. But Rex isn't on the field. Any shit he talks means nothing unless his team performs. It is definitely good that Rex brings fire to the team. But IF the Jets lose a handful of games in the upcoming weeks, his credibility will be nothing to the fans and more importantly the players. I'm just wondering how long you guys would be tolerant of it IF the Jets fall apart the remainder of the season. I'm saying IF because who the hell knows. But hypothetically if that was to happen, how long would you guys appreciate the shit talking?

As far as the Mangini guy, we have worse. Isn't Cleo Lemon infamous over here? I am ashamed that he came from FH. Although, I have to say, the thread where you all tore him apart was great. It was a hit over on our board and I was hysterical. What a fag.

#24 Howard Stern, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  5. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

What's Mangini's record over his last ten games?

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily see it as shit talking. All he's saying is that he expects to win a championship, and that's what they're playing for. He's saying he believes in his team and thinks they have what it takes to do it.

Watch today's press conference (www.newyorkjets.com)- he pretty much explains it all. His basic thought is that if he doesn't believe his team can do it, who will? He's not going to sit around and pretend like 8-8 is good enough because it's his first year. He doesn't care if that brings extra criticism on him because he is here to win championships, not collect a pay check or get another contract.

7. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I liked it a whole lot better when Mark Sanchez was playing well and Jenkins was on the field. I have to admit the man has balls. With Jenkins out for the season and losing to the Bills I would most definitely shut my mouth. btw :finssuck:

8. Howard Stern

Howard Stern New Member

WhiteShoe, it wasn't so much the shit talking in that PC as what he has been doing since the start of the year. I figure, as many people do, that he will continue that talk like he has done since the beginning of the season. As far as the PC goes, yeah, it wasn't too bad. But even still, Rex Ryan is the most confident coach in the NFL by a long shot. How many losses will it take for people to get sick of it. Thats what i'm saying. If you guys win games, obviously he is a genius. If you keep losing, it must get annoying.

On a side note, how do you quote on this site?

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think you have to have a certain number of posts before you can quote.

He was more outspoken prior to the season, but even that stuff was taken out of context.

The "kiss the rings" comments were in response to people asking about the Patriots and Belichick like they were impossible to beat. He was basically saying, hey - we're a good team too and we're not backing down from them. He always gave Belichick credit for being a great coach and the Pats for being a great team.

The talk back and forth with crowder was tongue and cheek. If you watched those conferences he was basically laughing the whole time.

We just lost 3 in a row. I'm glad he still has high expectations. If he stopped having those expectations I'd be more upset than I already am. I'd imagine the players would be too.

10. CHADS_OVERRATED

The honeymoon is ALREADY over,i F-EN love it.

Honestly,i think miami is finishing 2nd in this division, right behind n.e

And the bills and new jersey jets fighting in the cellar.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's all part of the master plan....

12. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I still love you Rex! You're the man!!

13. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Hey, we were 3-3 this time last year coming off a terrible loss and went on a 5-game streak beating the Pats and the 10-0 Titans on the way. It's not quite over yet.

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Rex to his wife:

15. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I don't give a shit if he talks or not, really. Just fucking win.

16. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Rex Ryan is or certainly will be a great coach. We might have some growing pains this year to get all the wrinkles out, but I think we in very good hands, and he will evoke change on this team.

17. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Exactly. Sign in the New York Giants locker room -

TALK IS CHEAP. PLAY THE GAME.

Fuckin A

18. Kuech

Kuech New Member

that's true if the question is: "Who's the latest example of someone whose mouth is writing checks that his team can't cash?"

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

When you talk smack as a rookie, I dont care if its a player, towel boy, or head coach, you are showing weakness.

You know what people want from rookies....results. Screw the trash talk. Earn the right to talk trash first. You just got out coached by devision foes in back to back weeks.

As far as I can tell the only good thing he has done was insert a new blitz scheme that no longer works. ANd we have done nothing to change and now sit at the bottom of the league in sacks.

Multiple championships? With what our dwindling draft choices? Aside from Sanchise who we paid heavily for he has shown no sign that he is building anything but a win now team. Primed for disaster in the coming seasons.

20. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I guess that wasn't there for the Handley era.