Sanchez Admits He Has to Keep Emotions in Check

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Oct 21, 2009.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/10/ny_jets_quarterback_mark_sanch_3.html

2. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

22...the kid is practically a freaking baby.

3. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I love Sanchez.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

experience, experience, experience.

16 starts in college, 22 all together.

patience. This was coming. Every rookie has the shit game after tape being on you. Just let him go through the growing pains. He'll toughen up. Its NY.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

he has said the right things from the very beginning i hope he can follow through.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The kid will be fine.

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

For real, he is our franchise/Sanchize. He be aight.

I still think he looks good moving around in the pocket...The future is looking bright.

8. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

I hope that that corner is really close. There are some plays where he does a great job of looking off the coverage and then some where he just stares at the intended receiver. If he gets more consistent, as he will as he gains experience, Sanchez will definitely be our Sanchize.

9. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Something makes me think his old man told him to grow up a little....

I did not see tears in the postgame press conference. Maybe there were before, or maybe it was just one of those dejected things. He looked down, that's for sure....but I don't think he was crying...maybe trying not to though.

I read today that "Stafford is clearly better than Sanchez"....I don't think anyone can say that right now....so Mark had 2 bad games and his mistakes cost the team and everyone's talking about it. If Stafford's defense wasn't getting lit up every week, there'd be a lot more "Stafford blows the game" headlines....he just has the 'benefit' of being on a horrible team.

#9 Jtuds, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  10. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan New Member

Chad Henne wouldn't cry. He never shows emotion.

11. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I still really like Sanchez and I think that he has a great attitude. These are growing pains that he's going through that he will hopefully grow out of before too long. He has already shown more promise than Clemens has in his 3+ years.

And you Dolphin fans should probably wait a bit longer before you start sucking each others' dicks over Chad Henne.

12. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

13. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

If Stafford were even playing right now, we'd be seeing those headlines.

I'm firmly convinced that the only thing that could possibly put Sanchez's success in jeopardy is if some drunk Jets fan hits him with a slurpee after a rough game. "You suck, Sanchez!" No, you suck, Vaynerchuk.

14. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Of course he wouldn't. Nobody, including himself, expect him to accomplish anything.

15. EnigmatiC

EnigmatiC Member

Sanchez is gonna be fine I'm really not worried about it. So what if he has had a couple of bad games? He has already shown us what he is capable of. Not to mention he did some great things against Miami lets not forget that.

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I like this kid so far, I enjoy his enthusiasm and excitement playing the game, as well as his being hard on himself in the event of a loss. He had good reason to be upset after that loss. I'd rather see him upset like he was than be like "whatever" kinda attitude, or up there giving us all the right words, etc, etc..

17. Christian

Christian Active Member

I expect Sanchez to have more shitty games similar to this before the season ends. He can only learn from these mistakes and he'll get better from them in the end.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Stafford plays in detroit, where the media won't kill him for bad games either.

I will say this. Because Rex is more media friendly than Coughlin, and Sanchez is better looking, more well spoken, and more likable than Eli - they will both get more time than those two to come together and make this thing work.

19. ........

........ Trolls

Oh come on. Dolphin fans never wait to start sucking each other's dicks.

Sanchez will be fine. He responded just like I would have hoped today. He acknowledged the problem with candor, and he is clearly addressing it. The biggest thing helping him right now is that willingness and ability to learn and adapt. Not every QB has that, and a lot of them flame out for it.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think Sanchez is going to be fine. All the qualities we're seeing right now in his personality, both good and bad, say that he wants to do really well and he wants the Jets to win. Like he says he just needs to do a better job of containing the lows both on the field and on the sidelines.

I'm happier with him right now than I have ever been with a Jets QB at this point in his career.