If Sanchez Can't Pass in Wind and Rain...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

If Sanchez was great, then you people must think Stafford is the best rookie QB of all time already. Stafford can actually throw for over 200 yards in a game, doesn't have nearly as many INTs, is playing on a terrible team with no defense, and managed to even win a game for said terrible team, something they hadn't done for nearly 2 years before then.

2. xstartup00x

xstartup00x New Member

I cant believe we lost. Even Cleveland beat the Bills. Guess we should stop ragging on them huh? Anyway's what you guys think of Braylon performance? Do you see why Cleveland was happy to pawn him off on us?

3. ........

........ Trolls

I'm sorry, I've seen plenty of people on here be very realistic with their assessment of Sanchez. He hasn't been unequivocally great. He's had 2 great games, 2 decent games, and 2 terrible games, 1 of which was the worst performance we've had here in decades by a QB, if not ever. He's shown flashes of greatness, which is what most people are arguing. We can't evaluate his season or potential based on any single game, good or bad. If I had to average it out, I'd say he's been decent.

I agree with everything else after that, although I do think he could take until next season or so to become comfortable with the wind at the Meadowlands. You can't perfectly simulate those conditions. He has to experience them in real game action a few more times.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Here is your entire 2 post history, both sounding like a Browns fan pretending to be a Jets fan.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

At least our coach doesn't have a lisp. I wonder if Mangini sells seasshells down by the seasore

6. ........

........ Trolls

Sanchez threw for 272 yards in the opener, which means he "can actually throw for over 200 yards in a game". Through Week 6, that also gives him as many 200+ yard games as Flacco and Ryan had through Week 6 last season. Same number of TDs as Ryan, too. Flacco had a single TD pass through Week 6 last season. Before you go there, I'm not suggesting he's playing as well as Flacco and Ryan were last season to this point. His game Sunday was worse by far than anything we saw out of those two last season.

However, let's keep in mind it's Week 6. I don't care if he's not the greatest rookie QB of all time. I care that he learns from the mistakes he's made and gives us multiple solid seasons to come.

7. ........

........ Trolls

We should take guesses on his IP location. I'm guessing Akron.