Jets-Raiders Opening Line

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Oct 19, 2009.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets are going to murder the Raiders.

2. IvanPSI

IvanPSI New Member

Mark is going back to Cali, hes going to want to have a big game. We win this one big...We will bounce back...have a little faith people, damn...you all sound like Giants fans.

3. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Sanchez goes for 400 yards 5 TDS

What? I can't dream

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I hope he wants to have a big game every week. I'm going into every game expecting a loss from here on out. This team has ripped the soul out of me again.

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

LIke we were going to murder the phins and bills.....

Im done talking about what the Jets should do because what should happen hasnt been happening.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

If the game plan is simplified just a bit I think we can win the game, my concerns is if the Raiders use a 2 TE set to run the ball we are in trouble, Miami, Tennessee, Bills all used this formation to pass protect and it seems to work well against us.... I hope Tom Cable is to busy throwing haymakers at his coaches to figure it out but something tells me they will see it on film.

7. abyzmul

The Jets are going to murder the Raiders.

8. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Also this was a classic Andy Reid I'll throw it every down game, Westbrook 6 rushes for 50 yards in a 13-9 game, Rex Ryan isn't that stupid the Raiders have a terrible run D, also the Raiders start Jamarcus "the buffet table" Russell.

This doesn't compare at all with the power rushing Dolphins and we did everything stupid against the Bills and we still should have won that game easily. The Raiders is weaker than the Bills.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

Have you already forgotten our Rookie QB throwing the ball 30 times in wet, windy conditions against a team that we were running at will against? Why are you so sure we won't be passing all game against the Raiders like we tried last year. The OC is still the same guy.

10. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Because of what happened last week, duh.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

I might buy into that if I hadn't seen the same stupid mistakes repeated before.

12. abyzmul

He did it over and over again with an injured veteran. Maybe he will be more cautious with a rookie. I have seen nothing to make me comfortable with that assumption, however.

13. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here is the difference, Favre even when injured was loved by the owner along with Favre's record, Sanchez went 10/33 with 5 INTs, Favre was never that bad for us, I'd hope that Schotty isn't that stupid.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

Our only hope is that Ryan is able to reel Schotty in and force him to "ground and pound". The Bills suck at defending the run, but I have to believe Braylon is helping the run game too. Time to get back to the blueprint.

15. abyzmul

We all hope that. I've seen some departure from some of the stuff that happened in 2008, but not a whole lot. Mostly extra carries to Leon and the same amount of annoying trickery mixed in with a ton of obvious passing plays.

Although if there is another thing that is truly hurting this offense, it's Sanchez' weak play fake. He barely even turns his body to the runningback on fakes. It's terrible. Someone needs to force him to watch a thousand hours of Pennington and P. Manning play fakes this offseason.

16. Pete Carroll

Pete Carroll New Member

Nnamdi is too good

17. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

I think the Raiders are going to throw the house at Sanchez.

They effectively harassed Donovan and made him make quick decisions and take hits, effectively shutting down the offense.

If they get after Sanchez early, it could get ugly.

I am also concerned because the only thing that I have seen the Raiders offense do well is screen passes and deep shots, the two things that we have been susceptible to on defense recently.

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Hate to say it this early man but with that horrible loss against a bills team that was down in the dumps. It aint over till its over i understand that, But its definitely getting late early.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Raiders have the next to last rush defense only 6 games into the season.

Lets run the ball down there throats, and pass when needed.

I think with BE the run game is finally going to see the light.

20. HOI

HOI Active Member

I have no doubt this game is going to be close all the way through. And in the end its going to come down to which QB plays better. Jesus christ...if Russell outplays Sanchez and the Raiders win prepare for nuclear fall out on Monday morning.

Yes the Raiders have one of the worst run D's in the league but does anyone here doubt that Schotty is going to come out throwing the ball?

First 4 plays:
    1 and 10 - TJ - Run - gain of 7
    2 and 3 - Leon - Screen pass - no gain
    3 and 3 - Shotgun empty backfield - Sack
    4 and 8 - Punt

You have to figure with Nimbimbi or whatever his name is on Edwards all day and that is really going to limit his chances. If Sanchez forces the ball to him again this week he may get picked 7 times. The Raiders are going to do what every team has done against us. Put 8 in the box and go after Sanchez. I really hope we have Cotch back.

You would figure they are going to put Nimbimbi in single coverage on Edwards and throw 8 in the box. If the only other WR option is Clowney its going to be a long day.