When is the last time Kerry Rhodes made a big play?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheGatoradeBoy, Oct 20, 2009.

1. He's not really a playmaking type safety. He isn't gonna make crazy plays like Ed Reed and Darren Sharper. What he is, is an exceptional coverage safety that does most of his damage away from the ball by preventing the big play w/ his elite speed and athleticism.

The fact is..he's a uniquely skilled player that can easily be taken for granted..but we'd miss him severely if he was out of the line-up.

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Agreed. A lot of what Kerry does gets taken for granted.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I agree, Kerry is very important for this team... he might not do flashy stuff but he is always in the right place at the right time when you expect him to be there.

4. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

OK now you're going overboard by using the word "always."

5. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

The problem is he is no longer a hungry player and complacency has kicked in big time.Hes a big 6'3" safety with great size with at best good speed. He is by no means a burner how he use to make plays due to great timing which is now being spent on tweeter and at model shoots. I thought after 2006 he would enter the Ed Reed and Polamulo league but he hasn't gotten better and has regressed dramatically in the playmaking category. Hes an excellent safety who will rarely make a mistake but he also won't win you any games with game changing plays. Its amazing how he went from a 4 sack 5 int and 3 forced fumbles a year safety to a 0 and 0 and 0 safety lol atleast that what it feels like.

6. HOI

HOI Active Member

Lets not take him for granted. Just because he doesnt bag INT's or constantly get his named mentioned on a broadcast doesnt mean he isnt important.

7. Tight

Tight Active Member

Never say elite speed and Kerry Rhodes ever ever again..

8. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

Amen brother

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Elite speed and Kerry Rhodes.

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

short cock and hemi

11. Al13

Al13 Member

i think he stopped ronnie brown short of the goalline on 1st and goal, we all know what happened 2 plays later but hey that was a play

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

That's not what your girlfriend said.

13. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

over rated by jets fans.

Nowhere near an elite safety , paid like one but doesn't play like one

May "fill a role" but at his salary cap he needs to do more

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I think Kerry is elite enough to not be speedy but elite speed can not taken for granted either.

He is a elite tackler and elite tackling is hard to come by, especially when using elite as the adjective.

He's no elite ball hawk either, but I'd say he's a big piece of our puzzle and we need him.

He's the cream of the crop as long as you're not speaking about the elite.

15. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

Kerry Rhodes is good not great. It think we put too much expectation on him just because rex Ryan came here. Kerry Rhodes can be better than Ed reed (he is overrated) if he can focused on football alone (leave hollywood till post football)

16. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

DING DING DING!!!

and its not that i think he is bad... I think he's reading way to many of his own press clippings of people saying how good he is... he needs to STFU, play football and thats it... let his play talk instead of his lips!

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

he had the one play on sunday where it looked like a fumble but was over ruled as an incomplete pass. Also had a couple stops on the run if i remember correctly. Rhodes is good but hes not elite. Im kinda tired of hearing people complain about Rhodes theres a lot bigger holes on our team then him.

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

AORN, I can Count the Bad plays Kerry has made this season on 2 Fingers...maybe 3.

-A 3rd Down in MIAMI
    -the TD in MIAMI
    -Twatter

The Main reason he had a good year that year was because we used him in Blitz packages and he played towards the LOS...

The last few Years he's been back in Coverage...although REX has been moving him around. EFFECTIVELY

19. Tmchugh1

Tmchugh1 New Member

do you think the defensive will get better wants it becomes more familiar with the scheme or you think they are already at that point?

20. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

This is right on the money and what I've been observing for weeks. He's too confident, comfortable, and not hungry enough. And I've specifically noticed him pulling up at the last minute before contact. He's good playing center field but not playing nearly instintively or hungry enough. Better then average, yes. Achieving his potential-- not IMO.