Jets-Raiders Opening Line

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Jets -6 at Oakland.

Discuss. I think it's going to be a close game without Jenkins and with our QB struggling, especially with our struggles out west.

I understand the line, but I think it should be more like 3.5 or 4.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We just lost to the Bills at home and lost the anchor to our D-line in the process. Now we're traveling across the country to face a team that just beat the Eagles. I don't get the line at all.

3. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Let's take a positive look at this. Our QB is going back to his home state, with his familiar surroundings, and favorite weather. Maybe this is the kick in the pants he needs to play well?? Hey...it's worth a try.

4. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

The Raiders' coach might need to be bailed out. They were just so awful against the Giants (and before then), it's hard to make the line lower. If the line was -4, EVERYONE would take the Jets.

5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

This is great.. Whenever this team is supposed to play a close game they seem to come through. When they're supposed to beat down a team like Buffalo or Oakland (last year), they don't come through.

So please, keep saying the Raiders could win and it'll be a close game, and maybe the Jets will win big.

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I dont give a fuck what that opening line is we wont win this game.

7. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

take Oakland and the under

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The jets have given me no reason to think they can go to oaktown and win this game. Perhaps they will discover that they have TJ and Leon and a very good OL which can move the ball very effectively. But I am guessing the Schotty will come out throwing the ball down the field yet again to prove us all wrong...and the result of that approach will be more 3 and outs as well as INTs. The Raiders have a bad QB but they have some good players. I will presume that they will want this win more than the Jets will because the jets have played like they don't care too much.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I like the bounce back ability we have seen from Sanchez so far. We have seen him bounce back from a terrible first half against NE to play very well in the second half and win the game. We saw him bounce back from a rough 2nd and 3rd qtr in Tennessee and we saw him bounce back from his terrible game in NO to play very well in Miami on Monday Night Football. I fully expect him to go home and play very well against Oakland. We will beat Oakland easily with a decent game from Sanchez.

10. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Raiders have Jamarcus "the buffet table" Russell

11. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Bet the house on the Raiders.

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

As always, the betting line has nothing to do with the quality of the teams, and everything to do with balancing the bets on each side. Obviously this line reflects the view that bettors think that last week was just "any given Sunday" for the Raiders, and the real team is the one from the previous three weeks. I expect that in fact they are underestimating the negative views on the Jets (between Sanchez, Ryan, and the loss of Jenkins), and the final line will be smaller.

If I was a betting man I would stay far away from this game - both teams have shown that they are eminently capable of throwing up gigantic stinkers.

13. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

Sadly, I'd bet on the raiders too. With their stable of running backs and Jenkins gone, we're in trouble on defense. I haven't seen us shut down the run in the last 4 games at all and most of that was with Jenkins on the field.

I think Mark will bounce back, but I'm not sure that he'll be in a position to do much for us if he does.

Maybe I'm just letting the last few losses get to me, but I don't see us beating the Raiders at their place while we're reeling and missing our biggest piece on defense.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I can't believe anyone thinks the Raiders will win, I'm not scared of Fargas leading their rushing attack.

With Jamarcus back there at QB I don't get the worry.

Yes we lost to the Bills, but :shit: and move on.

It's the freakin Raiders. I know everyone will post we said the same thing last week, but the defense would have to implode and Mark throw another 5 picks.

Which isn't going to happen.

15. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I was far more leery of losing to the Bills than I am to the Raiders. I'll take the Jets here at -6.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm with you. My faith is gone.

This game should be a pick 'em

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Raiders are a really terrible team. Like horrible.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So are the Bills.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Bills should've beaten the Pats in their first game too.

That's why the NFL is so great, on any given day a crap team can beat a good team.

No way in hell we lose to the Raiders. Beautiful and Sunny!!

Hopefully Mark will have his biggest game of his entire career and shut everyone up.

The entire career was sarcasm.

20. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

We are going to lose big time.