One of the Worst QB Performances in NFL History.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Oct 19, 2009.

?

Any Chance we Should Bench Sanchez?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2009.
  1. Yes, let him sit for a few games to get his feet under him.

11 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. Not now, but if he follows up with a repeat performance in Oak.

22 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Not unless he has a string of games like this (3-4 more).

21 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. No, he needs to take his lumps regardless of how bad he does.

66 vote(s)
    48.9%
  5. Fuck You WSW.

15 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The NYJ's front office made the choice to go after Sanchez instead of trading all the way up for Stafford or waiting for the better Qbs' to come out this year and for better or worse this guy has to play and that is it. I wanted Clemens to start since the day Chad got hurt in Baltimore but putting him now would do nothing more than set back Sanchez. I was never thrilled with the trade up for Sanchez because I though he was the latest overrated Usc bust but with that said as fans we should support him because that is the path that our Front office has taken. Sad but true. Let him make his mistakes now.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

While I would not bench him for starting the Oakland game, this makes complete sense - there's a cost to leaving him in there I don't think many here realize. It's like the point made above that the playcalling should have focused on the run - how does it increase his confidence if all he does is hand off? If he can't throw the ball, what is the benefit of leaving him in there?

The CS made the call to go with a rookie to start the season. It's starting to look like they may have been too optimistic.

Early on the team was winning, but his ball protection was unacceptable. You know they focused on that, and he didn't fumble, but other parts of his game are worse than ever.

Again, I don't want to sit him to start the Oakland game, but much more of what we saw yesterday and they will have to sit him and look at the upside of letting him catch his breath and sit.

3. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Um - what better QB's this year - Tebow, Bradford, Mccoy ???

4. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

I believe most rational Jets fans are not saying bench the kid and give the job to Clemens. We are saying IN THIS GAME the kid should have been benched. You cannot afford to sacrifice games. You can start the guy next week. This franchise has to fight for every single win they get in a tough AFC East. If Buffalo was blowing us out then it does not matter, but the Jets should have won this game. You know maybe our beloved Jets Could have gone to the playoffs last year if the would have pulled Favre (now we find out the guy was hurt). Again, sacrificing games for the "we have to keep the same QB in the game no matter what philosiphy". Meanwhile season after season passes with no shot to get to the superbowl because of critical non-decisions made in week six or seven which could have scratched out a win or two.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

They didn't have to pull him to win the game. All they had to do was stop the vertical bullshit.

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

To win this game all they had to do was kick that damn field goal that they ended up bobbling...

It's kinda funny because this board has been inflamed over everything from coaching to the QB, but I don't think anyone has mentioned the fact that we had a chance to seal the win with a FG and muffed the damn thing.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The vertical bullshit was fun to watch @Mia.

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Totally, but he wasn't throwing picks in the Miami game. Once you see your boy is struggling and you have the lead, it's time to adjust the game plan.

9. FOURTHANDLONG

McCoy and Bradford are better than Sanchez.

10. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

That is a true statement. I hope Sanchez plays with confidence against Oakland. We should let him execute safe passes (if there is such a thing) to get him feeling good about himself. But remember the run is used to setup the pass so you can score points. Eventually the kid will have to go vertical. We gave up players and draft picks to get a vertical receiver so we can be more potent on offense.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I've never wanted screens and draws back so much in my entire life, as I do now. Not every pass has to be 25 yards down field.

Schotty still thinks he's in Cali.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

And completely out of reach so what's the point about speculating about them. They're going to go in the top 4 picks of next year's draft, probably 1-2.

The Jets are going to wind up 7-9 unless they totally collapse or the running game becomes dominant. That puts them on the 12 pick with no way to move up for QB's that people really want to draft.

Even assuming that Detroit winds up #1, which is a real possibility, all they'll do is take one of them and trade down to a team in the 4-5 range and pick up a mountain of picks in the process, something that the Jets will not have to offer.

What the Jets need to do right now is to get down to the business of developing Mark Sanchez into a very good NFL QB. He clearly has the ability and he is also clearly foundering under the pressure that playing for a gambling OC and HC is putting on him.

If the Jets cannot get the running game going consistently on 1st down then they're going to have to run on 2nd down and then run on 3rd down also until they get some consistency. If they can't run at all then there's no way that any QB they put back there this year is going to have success.

13. electrolyte

electrolyte Member

Chasing girls and playing video games

14. FOURTHANDLONG

I was speaking on not drafting Sanchez this year and assuming the Teams that draft before us in 2010 did not need a Qb and we could trade up to get them. I was not a fan of Sanchez but I will support him. Unfortunately our Front office drafted the last few years as if we were a player away from the Sb and gave away alot of our picks that we would have needed to make it happen. I totally agree that the Jets Hc and Oc should concentrate on the run and have more screens and short plays to help the kid out. They should also get in Keller's a** and get him the ball more even after yesterdays disaster because a good pass catching Te is the best pass weapon he can have at this point.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I would be shocked if McCoy goes in round 1 and Bradford may well be damaged goods and go undrafted.

Sanchez is miles better than McCoy and while I really like Bradford he can't stay on the field and may have a torn shoulder.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Bradford has just had his second shoulder injury in 5 weeks, he won't even be in the draft next year. McCoy has great college QB, horrible pro QB written all over him. He will be a day two pick and MAYBE make a decent back up in the future.

Mark Sanchez was the best QB in last years draft and he would have been the best prospect in next years draft too.

17. FOURTHANDLONG

I hope Im wrong but I think Sanchez looked better than he was because he was surrounded by good talent in the crappy Pac 10 and has an elite coach to make him look better than he is.

18. FOURTHANDLONG

Stafford is better than Sanchez. Put him on the Jets and he would be awesome.

19. FOURTHANDLONG

IF McCoy slips and Bradford goes undrafted should we try and get them or are you sold on Sanchez?

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

50 mill, 6 games a 2 losses directly attributed to Sanchez and we're discussing drafting another QB....only jets fans folks