One of the Worst QB Performances in NFL History.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Oct 19, 2009.

?

Any Chance we Should Bench Sanchez?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2009.
  1. Yes, let him sit for a few games to get his feet under him.

11 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. Not now, but if he follows up with a repeat performance in Oak.

22 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Not unless he has a string of games like this (3-4 more).

21 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. No, he needs to take his lumps regardless of how bad he does.

66 vote(s)
    48.9%
  5. Fuck You WSW.

15 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Anyone else have trouble sleeping last night because of this absolute debacle?

He needs to play. The Raider game is his best chance to regain his confidence, which looked shot yesterday. I wish I had a screen shot of him staring into space as Shotty talked to him.

2. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

Sanchez is a good quarterback playing on a good team. Please do not make a comparising between he and Payton Manning. Manning was not on a good team and they were not even close to a playoff. That being said, why in football do we let a player have a herendous day and continue playing. Obviously baseball is different, but surely if Sabithia was having a horrible day in a win the Yankees needed, he would be pulled for a relief pitcher. Now Sabithia would understand why he was pulled, the coach would be obligated to pull him, and the fans and media would understand. You only get 16 games in an NFL season. I get the confidence factor angle, but gentlemen we needed this win (or the opportunity for the win).
    Clearly this was not Sanchez's day, alright then, sit the kid and see IF we cannot salvage a win against an inferior team. It is not a knock against the guy, he is still your starter. You just cannot keep giving the ball away. I am a Sanchez fan, but the Head Coach has an obligation to the other players on that football team to win the game. I do not know IF Clemens would have done any better but he may have. You cannot sacrifice games for the benefit of one players "confidence". There were mistakes made by other players in this game, but had the same player made six of them would he have still been playing in the game? At the end of that game I did not want the Offense to touch the ball. I was praying the defense would intercept the ball and take into the end zone. On this particular day we needed a relief pitcher.

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Rex pretty much said he felt Sanchez gave them the best chance to win. I tend to agree.

4. electrolyte

electrolyte Member

Miami's passing defense is terrible, one of the worst in the league. They are #2 against the run, but their safeties are atrocious. They lost to the Colts by giving up 3 drives that each last less than 1 minute.

Using the Miami game to validate Mark is deceptive. Miami's passing D is one of the worst in the L.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Heres the real concern.

Sanchez rattles way to easily. He also has terrible pocket awareness. Thats a really bad combo for a QB.

This is why he needs to sit. He is not ready. He needs to learn defenses and blitz schemes better. We have not even faced a top defense yet and he is already a liablity.

A loss in the oakland game will screw his confidence and our season.

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Still great throws.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

He threw an absolutely perfect TD pass in Oakland for the game winning TD. I know you love stats but I loved the perfect strike over the top to win the game on the road in Oakland. You can ignore it but Richard Todd played very well in both of those games. He and the rest of the team were awful in Miami. The fact is he put to very good games together coupled with a great run game that's why we got to Miami.

I understand that it kills you that your stat machine Chad didn't take the Jets as far in the playoffs as Todd did and I agree with your Freeman was better than Chad's running back.

8. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Quite the contrary , his pocket awareness has been very good.

yeah, he's no good let's bench him now and start Clemens now so we can save our season :eek:hmy:

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I didn't even go to work today. This loss was almost as traumatizing as the Seattle loss last season.

10. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Three words , just three words - F Don Shula

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Sanchez was without his go to go in Cotch, and basically practiced 2.5 days with BE.

He played great against Houston, and NE too.... Passer rating was 101 against NE, and passed for 163 and a TD. That's all we needed.

Against the Titans, 171, 2 TD's, and a pick. rating of 81.4. Not bad at all.

Against NO, well not so good just like yesterday. Against Miami with Cotch barely playing and Smith out and BE in, played great, scored when we needed it and that's all we can ask.

He had great ball security too. I think this week Rex concentrated to much on his D and forgot about his rookie QB.

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

This whole bench Sanchez shit is nonsense. How about we look at the future instead of right now, for a change.

You know what shitty teams all have in common? inconsistency. Teams that change key figures frequently are destined to fail.

I bet most of you calling for him to be benched would have given Clemens a full year to develop. Nevermind he's never impressed anyone that didn't have the last name Clemens...

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

His pocket awareness is very good?

He has happy feet half the time and the other half he doesn't feel the pass rush until its too late.

He also has a bad habit of running backwards to avoid the pass rush and doesn't seem to embrace throwing the ball away to avoid a sack.

He also doesn't protect/secure the ball well when being rushed. He is beyond rookie - he is amatuer still. And this is against average defenses. A playoff caliber defense would destroy him.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

My whole point is that I think it could help Sanchez and his development to step back and breath. If he keeps having games like this, how does it help him? It has nothing to do with Clemens really.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

His ability to back up while looking down field and being able to plant and throw is one of his best traits.

16. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Not that it hasn't been said any number of times already, but our rookie quarterback played like. . . .wait for it. . . . a rookie. Meanwhile, 100 miles down the road, a 2008 ProBowl quarterback went 2/12 for -2 yards, while his ProBowl running back ran for 128 yards on 17 carries. I think that's slightly worse. But for the interceptions, of course.

Not to mention, this same Bills team held the quarterback last week to 2/17 and 23 yards and still somehow lost.

I'm not just looking for rays of sunshine, I'm saying straight out - I thought there would be days like this for Mark Sanchez. I would have hoped they'd be outside of the division against better teams, and I DO hope that this will be the low point from here on out, but I'll live with a few bad Sundays in exchange for a dozen quality years.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Best way to learn in this situation is to play him, bottom line.

He will correct it and next week he'll be fine, and then everyone can change their stuff back to Sanchize and Franchez.

He's 22, what were you doing at 22??

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

that....and you hate your job.....so i'm sure your arm wasn't twisted over that decision. :smile:

19. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

How does it not help him? If he's the QB that we've been dreaming of (and I truly believe he is) then getting him out there seeing different defenses will definitely help.

20. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Comparing pitchers who are supposed to be pulled when they lose there stuff and QBs who aren't, is just pointless.

His throws aren't as bad as they're being made out to be.

1. His first cold weather game.

2. The Meadowlands wonderful wind effects grabbed some balls.

3. His receivers, mainly Keller, weren't going after the ball like they needed to. On the Braylon jump ball pick, he did nothing to defend it.

4. He's a ROOKIE. And he's 22! He will screw up. There's no reason to jump off the building.

5. He showed that he wasn't scared to attack. And I liked it. Obviously I didn't like the results, but I like the fact that after throwing picks, he wasn't going to play scared.

Thoughts?