One of the Worst QB Performances in NFL History.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Oct 19, 2009.

?

Any Chance we Should Bench Sanchez?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2009.
  1. Yes, let him sit for a few games to get his feet under him.

11 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. Not now, but if he follows up with a repeat performance in Oak.

22 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Not unless he has a string of games like this (3-4 more).

21 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. No, he needs to take his lumps regardless of how bad he does.

66 vote(s)
    48.9%
  5. Fuck You WSW.

15 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

He was one Dirty Sanchez yesterday, I could almost smell the crap on his finger.

2. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Has anybody ever thought that maybe the reason our franchise can’t go to a Super Bowl is because our fan base is so pathetic? Seriously. This isn’t a slap at everybody, but a large majority. Anytime something doesn’t go the way we think it should, we call for heads. It’s 6 weeks into our 1st round pick, 22 year old QB’s career, and already people are saying bust. 6 weeks. Un-fucking-believable. Those fans are why this organization is a joke. Do you know why the Steelers are the greatest franchise in the history of this sport? Because they’re front office and fan base is patient. They don’t fire people because it’ll appease their fans. They don’t let the media dictate their actions. They trust the people they employ and allow them to do their jobs, but not here. Not in the great NY market. Fans are mad, take action. That’s the NY way. Maybe if people would calm down, breath and remember that winning titles takes time, we’ll see good things happen. We’re 3-3. A lot of people “experts” predicted 1-5, 2-4 and even 0-6. We’re above expectation. In my opinion, that’s the best place to be. That means you’re making progress. Let me ruin the ending for you. We are not, and never were, headed to the Super Bowl this year. Get over it. This is, for lack of a better term, the final stage of rebuilding. Almost…but not quite there yet. Calm the fuck down. Chill the fuck out. Have a coke and a smile and see what happens. Stop crying about the sky falling. We were predicted to be 3rd in the AFC East. We’re 2nd. We have a 22 year old QB with 16 college starts under his belt. There is a learning curve. He’s on pace to throw 30 INTs. I think it’s safe to say he won’t have another 5 INT game, so that 30 will be a lower number. Guess what, P Manning threw 28 his first season as a starter. It isn’t the end of the world. If you honestly want to call him a bust at this point, then please delete your account and go somewhere else because most of us here don’t want to hear it.

My 27 cents.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

^ I need bi-fo...no wait...tri-focals to read that, Cuse.

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I chose FU WSW just because you're a good poster :up:

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

No one is calling him a bust. I actually think he'll end up being very good for us. I just think that maybe he needs some time to step back, soak it all in and watch. I mean, if he keeps playing like he has been it's not going to help his confidence at all.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

if that's the case...then the season is done.....Kellen Clemens isn't the answer.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

There's a difference between attacking a team through the air early and gambling. Take the kid and break down the film from this weeks game and than put together a script to back up the Oakland D right out of the box. Going down field isn't a gamble if the kid knows what he's looking at and has an out if it's not there.

You come out next week and Oakland stacks the box which they will and they 3 and out us a couple of times get a lead and than Sanchez is going to be in a spot. If we script an early attack Sanchez has a shot to dictate and put the pressure on the opposition.

The kid has to sit down with the OC and fix the problems. You can't fix the problems if you allow the D to dictate to him.

8. quadcityjetsfan76

Great take.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't think Clemens is the answer either. He never played a game as bad as we've seen in 2 of the last 3 Sanchez games though. 4 picks a game isn't the answer, that's for sure. All we needed yesterday was non-awful QB play to get a win.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am not sure what the question is that you are referring to, but if it is what quality of play would have been sufficient to beat the Bills yesterday, I bet Ainge could have delivered, and if Clemens could not have, the Jets have no business having him as their backup.

Just to make it clear, I doubt either one comes close to throwing 5 ints against THAT team with over 300 yards rushing to work off of.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Some non awful play calling would have helped. Sanchez did not need to throw the ball more than 15 times all game the way our running game was going. Not saying he's completely absolved of any blame but still some of play calling by Schott was horrible

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

There is some merit to this, of course, but I am struggling with understanding how or whether it fits with the idea that Sanchez should stay in there.

The Jets scored 13 points in the first half, and none thereafter. Would they have scored more if they ran many fewer pass plays? Is not part of the benefit of a running game the way it loosens up the pass D? If it was just the wind, then how come the Buffalo passers did better?

And if the idea is they should merely have had Sanchez hand off every play, how would THAT have helped his confidence and performance in future games?

I must be missing something.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

How is Sanchez going to be in a spot if the Jets go three and out a few times early on next week? the Raiders have scored 62 points all season! The way Sanchez gets in a spot next week is if the Jets have him coming out firing the ball and he throws a few early INT's and spots a pathetic offense 14 points it shouldn't have had early on.

Your thought train is exactly what got Sanchez in trouble yesterday: go get the weak team, even when they have a poor chance to beat you if you play it safe. He's a rookie, the Jets need to be managing him that way or they will surely short-circuit a very promising career.

I remember Richard Todd even if you do not.

There's a huge difference between taking chances that you have to take to win the game - like against Miami - and just tempting the fates to smack you down.

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

At this point we have mortgaged the future on this kid, and from the good we have seen from him I believe the right thing to do is keep him in there and keep him playing. The more he sees on the field, the more he has a chance to learn and grow.

Now I'm not sure they shouldn't have pulled him after a few INTs yesterday. I get why they may not have.. because we were still in a position to win despite his mistakes. But it is the coaches job on the sidelines to judge whether a player is done in a game or not. If he's mentally broken down I don't see any need to keep him in there and just keep heaping it on.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm looking at the big picture here.

Sure, Ainge or Clemens could've done enough to win the game....but what about our future....Rex has put his stock in the kid....he needs to develop....taking lumps is a part of his development. If he's throwing 4 or 5 INTs week after week...then I guess the writing is on the wall.

But let's take a step back here and evaluate this:

1) Sanchez has never played in weather conditions like this...it's not an excuse...but it might've affected him in some way shape or form

2) He's only got one year of starting under his belt from college...and he's 6 starts into his rookie season.

3) The offensive playcalling was awful....Schotty is fucking terrible...

4) He did stare down receivers...and that's something that needs to be remedied going forward..but Keller didn't help out his cause either.

5) He's already shown us he can play well (Houston, the Pats and the Tenn game)

the fanbase needs to show a little patience....if Sanchez shits the bed for the rest of the season...so be it. The decision was made to go with him....and Rex needs to stick to it. I believe Sanchez will bounce back...he's a hard worker...

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I remeber Richard Todd very well playing back to back games in the playoffs that were remarkable to get us to an AFC champoinship game something only Joe and Vinny were able to do wearing this uniform.

This team is rebuilding the kid came out and drove us right down the field against the Pats a game we lose by playing it safe. The Kid threw the hell out of the ball against Miami and almost brought us back from the brink on a team our run game wasn't going to do squat against. If you think we can walk into Oakland and let them hang around all game to sneak out a win, that's a recipe for a loser.

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

LOL! Suddenly he performed great against a tough defense with like the 25th rated passing D.

Like the drive where we got 40 yards from penalties or the drive with the big PI call in the 4th quarter? Or the awsome drives where we had to fake punts to score? Ya he was an unstoppable force in miami. More like Edwards lit it up and covered for his weakness's.

BTW he is going to get Edwards killed if he keeps relying on throwing the ball high to him - especially over the middle.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

He'll get plenty of time to sit back and reflect come the bye week and January.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Remarkable? he was good against Cincy but we had a 200+ yd effort from Freeman(and Freeman threw as many TDs as Todd) then at LA he threw 1 TD and 2 INTs before he disastrous performance in Miami to end our season.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

He threw those long passes to Clowney and Edwards right on the money. His passes go a little high over the middle sometimes, sure but you can't discount all of the good things he's done just to promote your displeasure with what is ultimately a rookie day at QB.

I love how memory is only a week long.