Top Five Reasons You Probably Don't Know What You're Talking About

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10toColes, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

5. Through six games, you're pretty much positive how you think the season will play out and are mostly ignoring the play from the first five games in reaching your conclusion.

4. You constantly blame the coaching staff for things they have little control over, and decide that the Jets staff is horrible even though they were somehow amazing three weeks ago.

3. You don't understand why everyone can't see that Sanchez is clearly a bust...Through 6 games in his first season, he's only 3-3, you shout! And you are also trying to decide whether he should be benched for Clemens or Ainge, but you're really not sure.

2. You're furious about today's injuries--how could the training staff not anticipate them? But you refuse to include them in your assessment of the team--Why would not having our #2 and #3 receivers and losing our star defensive tackle have anything to do with the loss? It's clearly because Schotty sucks.

1. You know we're going to lose to Oakland because they won today and we lost, and we're the Same Old Jets, and because you Sanchez was bad today, and because we lost to Oakland before, and you really like to complain.

Note: 90% of the people currently active in the Jets Forum apply here. Shut the hell up. We're in the playoff race with a rookie QB who only played one full season in college. Losing sucks, but if you can't handle it rationally, maybe you shouldn't follow sports, which would be good because then this board would dramatically improve.

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I only hope that Sanchez has a number of years as starter to get used to these conditions and that it doesn't take him a number of years to get used to these conditions.

3. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Everyone needs to read THIS thread before they start creating 18 of the same "Sanchez sucks" threads.

4. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

im blaming the coaching staff because schotty kept wanting to pass in crucial situations despite 300 yards rushing.

5. Penning10toColes

When it's 2nd/3rd and long, you can't assume your running back is just going to break one. You can't expect the Jets to simply stop passing the ball completely, and they weren't going to make Sanchez throw in unimportant situations if they could help it.

6. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

I'm a optimistic Jets fan always have been but today was fucking disgusting. I mean I almost have to laugh about it because what a fucking joke today was. 3 weeks ago when we were 3-0 feels like a decade ago.

Playoff race? I had us not going to the playoffs at all being a rookie QB and a rookie coach. Fuck last years Ravens and Falcons thats the exception not the rule. I'm happy were 3-3 but the AFC is WAYYYY too deep. WE ARE NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM as of right now. The NFL season is broken into quarters unlike say basketball were teams can coast. R I'm not saying we won't recover but we are dealing with some serious adversity. Saints loss was we lost to better team. Dolphins loss was we underestimated them.
    Than the Bills? The fuckin Bills who just lost to the CLEVELAND BROWNS 6-3 and the winning QB posted 2/17 23 yds 1 int? REALLY?!?

no fuckin excuses we deserved to lose this game. PATHETIC

7. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

I can agree with some sentiment here but 4.
    The Schotty was horrible. Injuries or not. The minute he saw the QB having issues in a close game he should have stuck to w running game rather then put the kid into a position to win or loose the game.And when he did finnally understand what was happening they called for holding. The should have adjusted the calls and shortened the playbook in teh ot. After the Lowery interception it was better to run the ball and punt it rather then throw andother tiurn over. That takes the wind from both the offense and defense. Schotty would have been better off running a sweep and punting it and letting drive 80+ yards for field goal rather then pushing the issue with a pass.
    I am not balming the missed field goal on anyone that happens but when it does it should change your gqame plan rather then passing into wind run it protect the kid. Even if you loose the game you still protect the kid from have the lose directly on him.
    Fuck Schotty is now shitty and needs his ass kicked

8. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

While 3-3 is much better than I thought at the beginning of the season, its the 3 games that we won and the three that we lost that are frustrating. How do we beat the Texans and NE, and then lose to the Bills? Especially the regression. No one is happy about going backwards. I haven't given up on this team, but I'm certainly not as thrilled as I was 3 weeks ago. I understand the frustration.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

You can't ignore the fact that they're getting worse. After Miami you can say all you want, but after this loss? C'mon man this is just hapless shit.

10. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

obviously its the this guy sucks and that guy sucks threads that are the truth tellers here, we lost because of those guys come on now

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

This game should have been won on that late run by Jones down to the ten. Then the penalty. That was the story of the game, mistakes. Sanchez is young and just getting started. It wasn't going to be all roses this year.

12. Penning10toColes

This loss doesn't count anymore than the Miami loss. Is it disappointing and unbelievably frustrating? Absolutely. Inexcusable? No. We had a rookie QB playing his 6th professional game in bad weather with a team that wasn't near healthy. That's a perfectly valid excuse. Yet everyone wants to burn the Meadowlands to the ground. What would happen if the people on this board rooted for the Rams? I shudder at the thought.

13. ShAuN JoHN 9294

We are MUCH MORE TALENTED than the team we played today. I can't believe we loss to this fuckin pathetic excuse for a team. Ryan Fitzpatrick!?! we should of ran the ball 183,698 times in this game why the fuck did we pass so much? When is Cotchery coming back? When will Dustin Keller participate in a game? When will Sanchez stop doing his best Vinny Interceptaverde impression? WHEN LORD WHEN?? LOL

14. electrolyte

electrolyte Member

No excuse to lose to Bills

15. Double Zero

Double Zero Member

The thing that gets me on this board is how every single sunshiner immediately attacks any poster with a negative outlook on this game.

Sanchez sucked today. He should have been benched. The Jets lost to a pathetic team (that was playing it's second string QB). It's RATIONAL to be pissed. It seems like half the group here are fans who are pissed that their favorite team lost. The other half is saying "it's ok. It was cold and Sanchez is a rookie!"

Get pissed. This team played like shit and we all saw it.

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

and immediatly you attack their view....comical. LOL

17. ShAuN JoHN 9294

Exactly we are loaded with talent. Bad weather you say? Their QB played in the same conditions too i hate excuses its called perseverance and how you battle through adversity. Let's find out what were made of in the next 2 weeks

18. Penning10toColes

It makes perfect sense to get pissed about the loss, I'm pretty upset about it. But the response isn't to attack the coaching staff and call for coordinators' heads, or decide that all of the progress Dustin Keller made the past year and a half is for nothing. It's also not to bench our rookie QB and cripple his progress so we can throw Kellen Clemens out there. My problem isn't the rage, it's the response to the rage. Completely misguided and foolish for the most part.

19. Penning10toColes

You're right. let's find out what we're made of...Instead of deciding we're going to go 5-11 before seeing what the team does. That's all I'm saying.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Here's the difference: the Rams didn't start 3-0 and then lose 3 straight, 2 of which were just downright ugly on one side of the ball.

So it took an injury to Jenkins for us to be worse than the Bills? If that's the case, we weren't going to the playoffs no matter what.

Just a pitiful day.