If Sanchez Can't Pass in Wind and Rain...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Oct 17, 2009.

1. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

...this could be an ugly game.

The Bills get Poz and Whitner back this week, both good run stoppers. If Buffalo stacks 9 in the box, Sanchez had better have learned how to throw (and hold onto) a wet football these past three days in practice, or this could be a very low scoring game.

Sanchez needs to establish the pass early, or there will be little room to run the ball. This was my concern with not only Sanchez, but any west coast (CA) college QB.

If Sanchez can make the Bills respect the pass, the Jets win big. If not, Buffalo could stay in this game, and the Jets cannot afford a loss here. At least he has had to practice in lousy weather for the past 3 days. I hope he can adjust. He has to hit Edwards or Clowney early to back the Bills up. I see this as the key to this game... a potential blowout vs. a low scoring game that would play right into what I think Buffalo has game planned for.

The Jets need to get a lead early and bury this team, and that won't happen unless Sanchez makes some plays with his arm from the outset. Get a lead, then run all day long.

2. ........

........ Trolls

There was talk on here recently that he threw a better wet ball in TC than Clemens did. Take that for what it's worth, but it seems like he'll be able to handle the inclement weather. That's one of those things that a team playing in the Meadowlands checks out before drafting a QB. Not to mention, his QB/HS coach was Bob Johnson, who is absolutely thorough and likely ran wet ball drills with Sanchez to make him more appealing to all weather teams pre-draft.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Supposedly he had the biggest hands of any QB in the draft which should bode well for wet conditions. It didn't show in the Titans game, but he ended up making enough plays to win. That's what matters most, but it could have been ugly if any of those fumbles or errant passes were eaten up by the defense.

Hopefully it was just a matter of inexperience.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

You know this is the same Bills that lost a 6-3 game to the Browns? HAHA

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the Sanchise. He will be alright.

6. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

Can't be any worse than Favre was last year in the rain against Denver.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

listen the guy has looked like dave krieg in a few games this year. even last week he was holding the ball out there like he was in a dunking contest. if its wet i will be scared to death of his ball security.

8. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

It's called inexperience and being a rookie.. something I'm sure the team is working with him on... I wouldn't worry about it all that much.

And I don't remember Dave Krieg being that bad of a QB.. I remember him having some crappy teams that he played for.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its not like he's a rookie or anything.

10. ........

........ Trolls

He wasn't that bad. He just had a fumbling problem. Of course, so did Warren Moon.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

For those of you who don't remember or never knew, alleycat has hated the Sanchez pick from day 1 and has never backed off that opinion. Not that there's anything wrong with that. The background is necessary to understand where he's coming from though.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

alleycat is welcome to his opinion.....albeit, his rationale (or lack thereof) is slightly skewed.

I think Sanchez will be fine

13. Scottso

Scottso Member

What movie is ur avatar from, cause I feel like I've seen it before? I wasn't sure I should admit that, but I'm gonna.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

He is about to go 4-2 as a Jet!

15. Scottso

Scottso Member

I was listening to Sirius NFL Radio tonight and they were reviewing all of the games and they said that they were expecting rain and 40mph winds at the Meadowlands for this game. However, I looked on Weatherbug.com and the forecast on there is for the wind to drop to down to 10-15 around gametime. The wind is more of a concern to me than the rain. Like some of the posters stated, he is a rookie and the grip problems in the Titans game were hopefully an abberation which I'm sure they addressed just to make sure they hopefully won't happen again. I would think that they are considering he played a couple of games in the rain at USC and you never heard anything about it. The swirling winds at the Meadowlands would definitely concern me because he is not familiar with them.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's his 6th game as a Jet. If he has issues he has issues. It's not like most QB's come in here and go "Oh boy, wind and rain, fun!"

It's pretty obvious at this point that barring injury he's going to be a very good NFL QB for quite awhile. Growing pains will make us crazy some this year, but that's all they are.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Lumberg - from Office Space.

18. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Sanchez hasn't really made the same mistakes twice (or at least he's made progress). The two pick sixes come to mind but even they were in completely different situations. However, both were on the road and thankfully we only have one road game left before the BYE (Oakland). I think Sanchez will show just how much he's improved since the Tennessee game.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i know that. it makes the opinion easy to tear apart since he's done very, very well for 21 starts under his belt at the collegiate/NFL level.

20. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

edwards has to deal with it too!

and i know the bills are a division opponent and we usually have trouble but theres a reason they lost to the browns.

we should be able to beat them without a ton of problems