"Henne beat the Jets"?? Really!?!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by quadcityjetsfan76, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Mossachusetts

Mossachusetts Banned

Phins won, who cares really. Its over now, time to move on.

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Exactly and seriously when the Jets beat the Patriots it meant more since we lost 8 years at home, but I don't think we went this crazy, and especially didn't celebrate this long..

3. Fin-atic

Fin-atic New Member

Henne had a good game. He ws poised, made the throws he needed to when he needed to. Franchise QB? A little premature for that. He did show he can handle the pressure of a big game. We won was all about the Wildcat and the Dolphin O Line and power football. The Jets are incredibly talented, they were not prepared for this. I am expecting they will be just fine and come back with a vegance in a couple of weeks in NJ. But you know...that is what makes this rivalry great. We win...you win. We brag...you brag. I fucking love football.

4. Fin-atic

Fin-atic New Member

I have been around this board for awhile and have seen you guys celebrate for a whole week after beating us. Come on now, this is what rivalrys are. If you beat the Fins down in a couple of weeks it will be like early Christmas around here. Football fans are all the same regardless of the team. There are always a sect of homers, a sect of knowledgeable fans, and a sect of fans who know nothing about the game and are suicidal if they lose, and then the next week are making Super Bowl reservation if they win. It's all good right?

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

It meant more because at the time we played them it was a measuring stick and it got us all excited that we might be really good. The Phin game was a chance to take early control of our division and it was also a national game. Had we won this game we would all be talking shit about this team.

On the other side if your a Phin fan this game meant everything. They are now right back in the race for the division in fact they now hold the cards in the division if they can hold serve against us and the Pats.

Ever game gets bigger and bigger as the season progresses unless you put distance from your opponent.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Nah its chill man, and beating the Fins isn't as big of a deal to Jets fans the rivalry between fans atleast appears to be on Fin-fan shoulders more. You wont see a Christmas celebration here in a few weeks..but yeah I like the shit talk but not a fan of the

'FUCKINGG FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG'
    type of talk.

7. Coach K

Coach K New Member

people still talking about this game?

i could give a fuck less, its over with. time for buffalo.

8. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Gotta agree ....

9. Fin-atic

Fin-atic New Member

I hear you. But I can tell you this. I own FinHeaven and as of today I still have Jet fans over there posting about the game and the Wildcat, etc. etc. So even on the losing end of it some Jets fans aren't exactly letting it go. But it's all good. We get up for our games with you guys and I think it is one of the most underrated rivalries in sports. We have been at each other for decades. Hating the Patriots is only a last ten years thing. But we can ALL agree on hating Brady and the Patsies. LOL!

10. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I remember once upon a time, you homos thought AJ Feeley was the next "franchise QB".

I believe there were comparisons to DAN MARINO, and the line went something like...

AJ FEELEY... A LEGEND REBORN.

Bwahaha....

#50 Wah, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  11. winstonbiggs

I remeber when they thought Chad Pennington was the next "franchise QB".

12. ........

........ Trolls

Why the hell would people bother going to FinHeaven? I went over there just to check out what was going on for the week and came back with a computer full of viruses. I hadn't had a virus on this computer in years and it was a bitch to clean up. That site is absolute garbage.

13. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

At this point Henne is a JAG, he may develop into something more but that's the level at which he is currently playing. He did have a good game, but the game plan relied more on YAC and less on him making numerous reads. He did make a few good plays, but at this point it's tough to say he's anything more than pretty good.

Either way, the Wildcat by its nature takes the importance away from the QB position. Maybe the Dolphins have found a way to win games without the stereotypical "franchise QB." Obviously it's too early to tell, but the fact that Henne was able to shred a very good Jets' defense in only his second start with Ted Ginn as his #1 WR is interesting to say the least.

14. winstonbiggs

The Dolphins went 11 and 5 last year with a QB managing the game who couldn't make near the throws that Henne can.

15. Al13

Al13 Member

of course did chad henne beat the jets, that last drive was all him, that 3rd and 5 throw with an all out blitz on the money and then that rifle with 3rd and 10 to the 3 yard line were the game changers, of course ronnie ran it in out of the wildcat, but with those 2 plays not happening, we won?t score

16. Al13

Al13 Member

you guys have to realize, finheaven is dead, http://forums.thephins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3 is the site to be

17. ........

........ Trolls

18. ........

........ Trolls

That "rifle" that was short and low and required Camarillo to practically dive back to catch it?

19. Al13

Al13 Member

you crack me up short and low at the goalline were only camarillo could catch it ? if you dont see that this was all the way by design than, yes i guess you are right..

20. Al13

Al13 Member

yeah just if you wanna go to a dolphin board than this is the place to be, finheaven is dead