Kerry Rhodes Pisses me off

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RAGINGVILMA, Oct 13, 2009.

1. ambo

ambo New Member

!!! wow...just wow

2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Anyone wondering why Kerry Rhodes deserves to be the subject of ridicule just need consider that he is getting paid more than Polamalu and almost as much and Sanders and Reed. He isn't, however, making the impact plays they are. I will give him a partial pass because he is a team leader and I believe that his presence off the field makes this defense better. He needs to be a little less mouth and a little more physical though.

I was not very impressed by his play the last game before any tweets came out. On review, however, the Ginn TD was definitely not his fault as he was covering Camarillo until he crossed to the right side of the field, at which point he rotated over to help Revis with Ginn. Problem was, Ginn was already past him. Kerry did give up the 1st down play to Fasano that set up the score though. He also made a nice tackle on Brown at the goalline in the final series, only to have Brown run to the other side for a TD.

All in all, Kerry hasn't been horrible by any means, but he has been playing like an average to above average safety. This is nowhere near his current payscale, demonstrated abilities, or twit mouth.

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I rate his play better than you, but otherwise, well said moose.

I don't have access to rewatch the game, but I had a feeling Rhodes was coming from the other side of the field on that play. I just didn't want to say anything because I had zero way to back myself up. Good find.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

You also have to take into account he is playing on a bad knee... anyone of you ever played any contact sport on a bad knee? I have and every time yo make a sharp turn or a jump or you stop quickly it f'cking hurts and feels unstable. Not saying he wouldn't be late with a perfectly helathy knee but for an athlete that's a pretty important spot.

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I sucked it up and sprang for the Sunday Ticket and a DVR, but I don't have kids, so that's my excuse:)

You couldn't actually see what Kerry was doing during the play from the camer angle shown on TV during the play. It was later in the broadcast where they were showing what great protection Miami's O line was providing, and they happened to show the Ginn TD play from behind Henne's viewpoint, where you can clearly see Kerry covering #83 until he crosses the field.

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Yeah, I have DVR, but I didn't record this game unfortunately.

Thanks for the note. Like I said, I had a feeling he was on the other side of the field. Rhodes is pretty fast, even with a bum knee. If he was in position to help on that play, I doubt it goes down like it did.

People here just like to spout off though. Damn the evidence.