Kerry Rhodes Pisses me off

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RAGINGVILMA, Oct 13, 2009.

1. RAGINGVILMA

RAGINGVILMA New Member

Rookie Named Eric Berry? That guy has Troy Polamalu ball hawk written all over him.

2. 624

624 Banned

I think Rhodes has been reading this Thread.

Twit fam I'm not gonna tweet for a while maybe that will help us win! Lol sorry to my real followers. Just give me a second.

Kerry Rhodes 10/14/2009 04:52 PM ET
    ____ the haters I'm coming back. To all my real fans I can't leave yall like that. The kid is BACK!

3. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

i can agree w/that

4. mml6

mml6 New Member

Kerry Rhodes really hasnt been impressive at all this year and last year. He had an outstanding 2006 season, and had a huge impact on that defense. I have to say he is no troy or ed reed, and its a shame this guy has so much athletic ability, he just runs his mouth off way to much

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Rhodes is a ballhawk..... In Madden 2006.

6. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

So he stopped Tweeting and then immediately after started right back up?

He needs a twitter 12 Step program. The first step is the hardest Kerry - admit that you are a Twitter addict.

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Twitter sucks, ruining America, etc.

8. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I am a big Kerry Rhodes fan. Having said that, I've been somewhat let down how he's played so far this year. At one point, I really felt like he was destined to be a top 5 safety year in, year out. Last year he was non-existent most of the time, and to that I blamed Mangini's scheme of handcuffing him to play center-field and to not give up the long play.

My hope was that in Rex's system he would flourish. I never thought he would duplicate the success that Reed has. Reed, is such a special player that to automatically assume that Rhodes would become him was never realistic, for me. I hate to say this, but maybe his hunger to excel has waned some since he got his big payday.

9. gofins

gofins New Member

We'll gladly trade Gibril Wilson for him.

10. The Dark Knight

Gnite twitter land I'm going to bed trying to be the best I can be and only hope that's good enough!
    4 minutes ago from web

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

sounds like a fucking woman. who gives a fuck. This goes to all people who twitter. shut the fuck up. go outside or something. (as i sit on tgg talking shit about a professional football player) BUT STILL......

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

Anyway, I think if he doesn't produce, then he'll probably wear out his welcome sooner than later. He does shine at times, but he's not really consistant. He's one of the few guys in this league who's a big name, but not a playmaker. Now, don't mistake me for a darksider. I'm just saying that his performance the past couple of years has been less than stellar. He's a cool dude, but I almost choked on my beer when I heard the commentators say he's one of the best safeties in the NFL. Seems if you have one outstanding year, then you get a good rep as long as you're average the following years and don't really really really shit the bed.

13. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Rhodes made a mistake with that twitter message after the game and he is paying for it. People in her never talked shit about Kerry Rhodes before he made that message and now people are using it as an excuse to jump all over him. For rhijjm665 above me, he makes those types of twitter comments all the time and so do a lot of NFL players. If you don't like it, don't read it. I know Kerry hasn't been the same player he was in 2006 but why are people all of a sudden hating him after this week. I don't want to see any of you people who hate him now being in love with him in a few weeks or I will call you out on it.

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

This thread is a perfect example of why I believe that many Jets fans either:

1) Don't even watch the games
    or
    2) Don't understand football if they do watch them.

Kerry Rhodes isn't the league's best safety, but he's a damned good one, and on the list of elites.

For those who are unimpressed with him this year, explain why. Because I don't see one single person giving a legitimate reason for their opinion. Hell, I don't see any reason besides "Well, he isn't playing as well" or "He should shut up and play." What exactly is he not doing that you expect? The lack of interceptions? He's almost had a couple already. The way he hits? He's hitting harder than at any point in his career thus far. So what is it?

He also prevented a touchdown this week, while falling and being taken out of the play. (Granted, Miami still scored, but not on that play.)

But don't let facts get in the way of such a good rant. I mean, it's not like anyone else in football has a big mouth (which is all Twitter is, a chance to pop off at the mouth.)

15. aychichi

aychichi Member

Yup Rhodes hasnt been the impact player he was 2 years ago. As of now hes an average safety. Leonhard has had a bigger impact thus far this season

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I still love em, he's third in tackles on the team only behind Harris and Scott.

Maybe the best Middle LB tandem in the NFL.

Also has 3 PD's, only behind Revis and Smith.

So obviously he is playing a huge role for our team, and I think as he progresses more in his new scheme he'll get even better. Ed Reed grew into the system but if you compare Ed's first 4.5 years to Kerry's only 4.5 years you'd be surprised.

Kerry has almost has many tackles in his 4.5 years to Ed's 7.5 years. He's right on par with him in PD's, the INT's aren't close but Ed is special in that category.

I think Kerry goes unnoticed a bit because it's just expected, it really should start being appreciated.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I wish he had that field vision to get those picks like Reed does, that would be a dream haha, other than that he rarely allows big plays so you really can't be pissed off at him, but i'd still take Eric Berry hes sick mann haha

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Stop comparing Kerry Rhodes to Ed Reed

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

No-

It was done to compare him to the best.

Ed Reed's come around oncce in a lifetime, my point was that Rhodes aint not slouch either.

Stop telling people what to do, we are talking about football here but your input was very special!!:up:

20. The Dark Knight

I love Rhodes, but it seems he is always a second late in coverage or on a tackle lately. He didn't look like he was putting much effort into the game Monday night either. Standing around in goaline spots, then deciding to push the pile, stuff like that looks bad. He has not been a bad safety, don't get me wrong, but he can be better with all of his abilty and I expect him to.