QB & WR dept.'s ~ ~ ~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Oct 14, 2009.

1. kelly

kelly Banned

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

as if this week couldn't get any worse......kelly resurfaces.

~~~~~~~

3. kelly

kelly Banned

4. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

If you cant get the link.........

Random Epilogues of Braylon Edwards
    Posted on October 13th, 2009 by Andrew Weiss
    In the spirit of putting a bad game behind us, and embracing one of the few bright spots, here are some interesting notes about the Braylon Edwards trade.
    Derrick Anderson completed two passes Sunday out of seventeen attempts (12%) for 23 yards, total and no touchdowns.
    Braylon Edwards caught five passes last night out of nine attempts (55%) for 64 yards and one touchdown (should have been two).
    There were nine Cleveland drops on Sunday.
    Braylon Edwards had zero drops last night.
    Chansi Stuckey caught no passes in two tries. One was out of reach, the other, he dropped.
    Jason Trusnik had three tackles Sunday.
    When asked about the Edwards trade last week, Miami coach Tony Sparano said ?the Dolphins knew Edwards was on the market and studied the idea.? The Herald reporter interpreted this to mean that the Fins ?decided adding Edwards could subtract from the team even as they were trying to add. In other words, adding him might have brought more talent into the locker room, but also might have ruined some team chemistry or caused some internal issues they didn?t want.? Really? A month ago, Bill Parcells, the Fins General Manager told ESPN that he ?wasn?t interested? in a feature receiver. Then, the story got more interesting. The Herald corrected its own mistake yesterday, although without admitting they?d exaggerated to fabricate a story. They reported that the Browns and Dolphins had been in trade talks for Edwards before the season, but the Browns had demanded Ronnie Brown or a first and third round pick. The Fins balked because Ricky Williams is 32 and has lost a step. The Browns were, apparently, not interested in any of the other players on the Dolphins? roster.

Oh, and by the way. Eric Mangini is in hot water over an injured player who was practicing a voluntary workout without pads and suffered a season-ending injury when hit by a player with pads on. Not Braylon Edwards but related, in a weird way.

5. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Ditto......

A Lesson on Game Management
    Posted on October 14th, 2009 by Bassett
    While watching the defense find it nearly impossible to stop the Wildcat, Steve Serby writes that there was something even more concerning about the Jets that he saw on Monday night.
    After all the time we spent wondering whether the rookie quarterback would get up off the deck, now we find out about the rookie head coach.
    Here?s how it works in this town: You can be celebrated on the back page of The Post as The Mad Scientist one week, and receive your comeuppance as Wrecks Ryan the next. Remember what Bill Parcells used to say? It?s either Euphoria or Disaster here. Welcome to Disaster, Wrecks.
    The 3-0 Jets are suddenly the 3-2 Jets. Ryan?s defense ? so eager to tell the world it would be the best in the league ? was shredded, embarrassed, humiliated, gashed, pounded, knocked back into Biscayne Bay, gasping for air at the finish.
    And there was the rookie head coach, standing there, just standing there frozen, not having the presence of mind inside the two-minute warning to stop the clock so Mark Sanchez and Braylon Edwards would have one last chance to win it before overtime, somehow expecting the bend-and-breaking defense he apparently thought was the modern-day version of the ?85 Bears, to make a stand, finally, and hold the Offense of the Century to a tying field goal at worst.
    I mean, even I know that the coach, with two timeouts in his pocket, needs to stop the clock for the unpleasant probability that his offense needs to go back out there.
    ?Now I look back on it, I should have taken a timeout,? Ryan said yesterday. ?But I was thinking, ?There?s no way they?re scoring.? And that if they?re gonna do anything, it?s gonna be a field goal.
    ?And that?s why I was like, ?Well, I?m not gonna give ?em extra time on the clock.? It never even entered my mind that they were gonna score. ? I believed that we?d rise up and make a stop, and I was wrong.?
    In two of the last three Dolphins offensive series, they had scored touchdowns, during every drive they had six or more offensive plays, they scored. All the signs as they methodically moved down the field were that the Dolphins were going to score a touchdown. So if they weren?t going to score anyway, why does it matter then if you give them extra clock? It?s the defense that needed a breath, not the offense on that series.
    One of the most welcome things that Eric Manigni brought to the Jets after Herm Edwards was good game management, and after watching Rex go all ?deer in the headlights? inside two minutes, it?s clear that one of a few things needs to happen. One, he needs to learn how to be a better coach in those situations, or two, he needs to delegate those responsibilities to someone on his sideline, whether it?s Pettine, Callahan ? someone needs to have some operational ability to help him run the show, especially if he?s going to help call the defense. .

IMO, I am kinda surprised that Callahan didnt make a comment on TO's...maybe they were all kinda shell-shocked. Im sure its a lesson learned.

6. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I think people are reading into this t.o. issue too deeply. I thought he had a couple of excellent clock management calls against the Pats.

The Darksiders are already asking to bring Dick Curl in...

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

When I saw ur post, I stopped for a second, and thought to myself, wasn't Kelly dead? Then I realized the post and realized how annoying you are on this forum. Let me tell you a trick. I think your right click doesn't work. Here's what you do. Highlight the entire article and press Ctrl U. Then when you are ready to paste it, press Ctrl V. It really isn't that much of a deal.

8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

"There were nine Cleveland drops on Sunday."

That one makes me chuckle a bit.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Ummm...I think this one is even more hilarious:

Even the Browns aren't interested in ... the entire Dolphags. That's hilarious.

10. kelly

kelly Banned

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Hey thanks for not creating another thread. Seriously, really appreciate that. Still, posting the article isn't that tough.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Some Brown's fans were hassling Braylon via twitter.

I just laughed at their 6-3 final score.

That game must have been like watching paint dry....

13. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

If Cotchery and Smith are both out of the Bills game maybe Wallace Wright will get a chance to make some plays now as our de facto slot receiver.

14. kelly

kelly Banned

15. kelly

kelly Banned

16. kelly

kelly Banned

17. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Holy crap you can speak!? I thought you were a bot.

18. kelly

kelly Banned

19. kelly

kelly Banned

20. xstartup00x

xstartup00x New Member

Wow this guy sucks. I would say he single handedly lost the game for us. Way to go Rex good call with this guy. Lets just hope we dont end up like Tampa. They lost every game they played in since they got Kellen Winslow JR from Cleveland last November. I also noticed someone was raggin on Cleveland for beating the bills. Something our team cant even accomplish. What are we gonna do? LOL