Did Pace really say this???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John127, Oct 13, 2009.

1. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous what Pace said. He just went out there, played absolutely terrible, and then doesn't even credit the other team? Terrible job. This team really need to get its ego in check and this starts with Rex.

2. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

You apparently are friggin brain dead, since TRADITIONAL football, the Single Wing (Wildcat for the mentally challenged), the Wing Tee, Option, the Triple Option... they all are the TRADITIONAL offenses that EVOLVED into todays game...

Know more about football than me... laughable at best. I forgotten more about football than you'll ever learn. Its a wonder they let you up near a computer this late... its past your bead time...

Thanx, come again another day...

3. HarveyTheJetFan

HarveyTheJetFan New Member

Your large ego is very entertaining, the single wing was based on the QB getting the ball T formation was based on merely two RBS and a FB behind the QB for confusion and the I Formation is exactly what it sounds like a RB and FB BEHIND THE QB NOT GETTING THE BALL AT FIRST, the QB handing it to them which is what I am all for the QB running the offense.

The Wildcat formation is bush league.

past my bed time? I am sorry I don't go out late on Tuesday nights to the gay bar like you..

4. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

You are aware that all the plays they ran last night can be run out of the more "Traditional" as you'd like to call them offenseve sets like the I, The Power I, Near and Far Sets, Twin Back Sets... all with the same effectiveness, and all without a QB if you so choose, because in its most basic form, the QB is, and was a RB who recieves the snap from center... but you would know all that with your superior knowledge of the sport....

why am I wasting my time???

5. keypusher

keypusher Member

I would agree...in fact several teams stopped it last year. The Ravens were not the only ones. This year, though, we are running it a lot more, everyone knows it's coming, but it is still working -- based much more on power than on trickery. It doesn't seem like an extra blocker should make up for the fact that the team is practically giving up on the pass.

6. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Dolphins' O-Line > Our Front-Seven. At least last night.

It's as simple as that. Marques Murrell and a comatose Shaun Ellis just aren't going to get it done. Calvin Pace had the same impact as a dead man would have.

7. HarveyTheJetFan

That is not even close to what they did they were doing Speed Sweeps, Split Zones and Base Wildcat all plays that look similar but do different things. I understand a guy as simple minded as you would not pick up. Its cool though you just need to relax thinking is tough I know.

8. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Pace played like a guy who missed the last month of practice, he did squat all game, then to say what he did was stupid........

9. keypusher

keypusher Member

This is not correct.

Traditionally, the single-wing was an offensive formation that featured a core of four backs including a tailback, a fullback, a quarterback (blocking back), and a wingback.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-wing_formation

It's got a diagram and everything. The ball was snapped to the tailback or the fullback in the single wing.

10. Ted

Ted Member

A large reason is the Dolphins O line this year is much beter than last. Grove, Smiley and Thomas healthy are key.

11. HarveyTheJetFan

its Wikipedia any 5 year could of put those pictures up there, and they look like they were drawn by a 5 year old. Wildcat belong in pop warner. This is the NFL.

12. keypusher

keypusher Member

Are you saying that the QB did receive the snap in the single wing?

13. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

im w/you, maybe JUST the wildcat gives us trouble, but against those other teams that dont run the wildcat, our d has been dominating, learn some knowledge gg

14. HarveyTheJetFan

It is the wildcat formation the play seems the same but they do things differently some plays the QB got it some the RB some the waterboy. No matter what I don't support it. My opinion.

15. keypusher

keypusher Member

That's fine. The fact remains, the QB did not receive the snap in the single wing. But you say when the QB doesn't get the snap it's not football. So, back in the 1920s and 1930s when everyone used the single wing, were they not playing football?

16. HarveyTheJetFan

You are talking about a total of about 11 teams and only around 3-4 of those teams were elite so the teams that effectively ran the Single wing won once again because its Bush League in my opinion. Would you rather watch 4 teams blow out teams or more even matches. I am not saying Miami dominates.

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Quite frankly I'm offended by that clown comment. I believe a certain clown did more than that sore loser did. Holla!

18. Tight

Tight Active Member

Im really looking forward to playing them again.. I guarantee well fuck them up second time.

19. keypusher

keypusher Member

You are filibustering. Was it football, or not?

20. MisterBouncyBounce

MisterBouncyBounce New Member

who ever takes the snap is the qb for that play. just like in basaball if the manager puts a pitcher in left field he is the left fielder and if he comes to bat it is the left fielder coming to bat not a pitcher. if a RB takes the snap from the center then that RB is no longer a running back, he is now a quarterback and the player who started the game as a quarterback but is now lined up at receiver is no longer a QB for that play, he is in fact a wide receiver.