Did Pace really say this???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John127, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Pace... another guy talkin shit. How about you do something this year besides get suspended before you open your mouth and put your foot in it... We have some real "smart" dudes on this team.

2. Ted

Ted Member

Rhodes did when they put him on the line of scrimmage. Ricky got no gain. The Jets using it was a gimmick. It's different with the Phins because they have put the players in place to run it.

3. Ted

Ted Member

Maybe, the WC and the fact that the Henne, who can throw all the passes, didn't keep them off balance all night?

4. HarveyTheJetFan

HarveyTheJetFan New Member

He is right, Wildcat b.s is not football. The game is ment to ran by the QB. The nfl should make a rule saying you can only hike the ball to a different player that is not the QB 5 times in a game. Its b.s I will never judge a defense going against that crap called wildcat. ITS NOT FOOTBALL

5. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I don't care what you call your offense or who's on the field when you run it - its still 11 on 11 plain and simple. There's no mysticism to this "wildcat" other than the media hype created because of its non-standard set .

And like I've said countless times before , DC's will eventually master this formation like they do with any other new wrinkle that pops up that becomes the flavor of the day.

6. Ted

Ted Member

Neither was the West Coast offense or when Tom Landry introduced the Shotgun in the early 70s. Or imagine what was said when the forward pass actually saw it's first flight a number of years after football was invented.

Gimme a break..........

7. HarveyTheJetFan

OH please the shotgun really? That is a lot different then flipping the ball to 4 different players and shifting everything around. You give me a break, the game is based on schemes and this wildcat b.s is garbage.

8. Ted

Ted Member

Until defenses can stop it consistently it will continue and even evolve.

9. Ted

Ted Member

And if the Jets used it?

Which they actually did although they call it by a different name......

10. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

It's amazing how you guys turn on one another after one loss...

11. Mehl-56

That, in and of itself, is the stupidest thing I have ever heard or seen. The object of the game is to put the ball in the endzone more times than the opponent. If your best option is 2 running backs, and avoiding the QB and you do it so effectively that it gives you YOUR best chance to win, then you do it. If other teams feel it is a gimic, it's thier responsability to stop it.

And it is football, its one of the most basic football formations you can run. Everyone is makin excuses for not being able to defend it. Its about execution and playing mans football... in your face down hill running the ball down your throat football. Stop whining, like the rest of the damned defense. they got thier ass kicked... end of story

12. HarveyTheJetFan

They have ran it but only like 3 times a game. Using it every damn play is a disgrace to this game. I am not for it if the Jets DID run it I would be saying the same thing I am now. The Wildcat is not football, its not football its not football.

13. EnigmatiC

EnigmatiC Member

All you guys saying the WC is a gimmick and isn't real football need to stop you sound real bitter. We got got ran over by it we have to learn from it and get them next time!

14. Ted

Ted Member

Because you can't stop it and your pissed. But it's if the Jets run it 3 times a game it's ok. You said it yourself. The game is run on schemes. The WC is a scheme and quite a successful one.

15. Ted

Ted Member

And they only use about 25% of the plays.

16. Mehl-56

you should be ashamed to call yourself a football fan

17. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Evolve how so ?? You tell me are they going to put Wr's or TE's in motion and take the snap ??

There's only so much you can do within the NFL rulebook . Let's not get carried away and think this formation provides "endless" combinations. And trust me NFL defenses will stop it, it might not happen overnight but it will happen.

18. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Bottom line its 11 on 11 , as long as its a legal formation I couldn't care who they have on the field - its just another play/formation to defend against.

19. Ted

Ted Member

You'll see Pat White and Tyler Thigpen get more involved in it. i.e. reverses to them and a deep ball thrown. There is a lot that you can do dependent upon the defense you are facing. Last night they used 4TEs and RBs with with 1 WR. Tough to stop a run with that much blocking on the field. Then they put White into it and let him run a draw up the middle.

There are a lot of different looks they can give a defense when they line up that will confuse them. You know when Pat White took the snap that had to draw confusion.

20. HarveyTheJetFan

Oh please I base my love for the game on traditional football, yes I know they used a form of "Wildcat" in the old days but through out history most of this wildcat garbage was non existent. I know more football then you will ever know. If I asked you to draw a post pattern you would most likely just give me a dumb stare. I will never support wildcat formation, and to everyone who is judging the jets D on this is more dumb than you.