Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

now Francesa is making excuses as to why Sanchez played well. He says Miami has no secondary. They don't but still!! He just wants to downplay anything he does.

2. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Mike is a gimmick and hates on the Jets, but he's telling the truth. The Fins secondary is a joke and Sanchez played okay, what's wrong here?

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Henne's a franchise QB? Get fucked in your ass, Mike.

#463 TheBlairThomasFumble, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  4. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

anyways i say the Jets go back to talking...seems like they've won when they've talked.....I didn't hear too much this week.....and it showed in their play, that's for sure

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I think the talking might fire them up more for fear of embarrassment.

I say let em talk, win, lose or whatever McNabb thinks the third option is.

6. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

i never said he said anything wrong

the problem is that he is ALWAYS downplaying what Sanchez does. Henne is already Dan Marino. He told the Dolphin fan you guys finally found you're franchise QB.

Meanwhile, when Jet fans say good things about Sanchez he tells them to pipe down, he hasn't played that good, he should have thrown more picks.

7. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

he just says that shit just to get the call board lit up..........obviously it works

8. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I find it hilarious that this tool gets a three page to eight page thread every time he bashes the Jets. Mission accomplished. Who cares what he says? I wish everyone would just allow Fatso to fade into irrelevance like his buddy Fruit Loops over on Sirius.

-X-

9. HOI

HOI Active Member

I hate Mike too but he has been in this town long enough to have seen so many "next great Jets QBs". Do I think Sanchez is playing fantastic for a rookie...hell yea...I couldnt be happier...but not 100% convinced hes gonna solve all our problems yet. Its gonna take at least a season or two of consistent play before he cements himself as a solid NFL stater.

PLus...shut off Fatcessa. Listen to Michael K and 1050 on the way home. Much less harsh towards the Jets. The station comes in shitty for me but I would rather fight through the static than listen to that fat, coke drinking fucker.

10. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Francessca has his head so far up Parcells ass, I'm suprised his neck is not brown.

11. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I have no use for Michael Kay either. He sounds like some angry stockbroker Johnny Come Lately. His home run call is nauseating.

Point is that whether he's harsh towards the Jets or not the guy is just playing a game and he's playing it successfully. He's successfully stoking the Jets fans passions and getting them to call him ranting and raving. He ups his profile when every ill informed jerk in the tri-state area calls his show and makes him look informed. He hasn't been really "informed" on football for about a half a decade now.

I don't know that there have been that many "next great" Jets quarterbacks, but I do know Sanchez is well ahead of Eli Manning at this juncture and made some incredibly impressive throws the other day. I think he's going to be a top flight passer in this league.

I think Jets fans overreact because we're extremely dedicated and we've waited forever. It gets irritating, but a guy like Francesa who has been lucky to be a front-runner his whole life can't really understand what that's like.

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

20 dump-offs + 1 pass that went ~30 yds through the air to a wide open receiver = FRANCHISE

Also, no Fatcesa thread is complete without this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwDCqmPHth8[/youtube]

13. slimmjim45

slimmjim45 New Member

common guys whats the big deal. not everyones a jet fan. personally i have loved getting riled up and arguing with giant and other fans about whose teams better over the years. guys like mike are great because they theyre the last line of defense from the mark schlereths, skip bayless, and colin fu.cking cowherds of the world saying nothing of interest at all. hes a giant fan who hates the jets and im a jet fan who hates the giants. i can deal with it.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

If it bothers you listening to him, why listen to him?

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

My biggest problems with Francesa is that he tends to paint pictures that are just not true and thats where I have a problem.

For example he says Revis needs to shut up now. When has Revis ever said anything? The guy comes across as one of the more humble players in the NFL. Thats not fair for Francesa to go after him like that.

Scott talks a lot so he is fair game but if he is going to call out players he needs to have his facts straight. You almost get the idea listening to Francesa talk about guys like Scott, Rhodes, Revis, and Pace that he doesnt think these guys are any good at all.

I havent listened to him since the beginning of his show so I dont know what he said if anything about Sanchez and Edwards (although I think I heard him say Edwards played well and Sanchez was good) but those guys deserve credit. But Francesa seems like he wants Sanchez to fail because he is hyped up by Jet fans when most fans do the same thing when they draft a guy they think could be their franchise QB. I know Giant fans did it with Eli.

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

But the DIE HARD Giants fan that does JETS games cause it's a job went NUTZ 2 weeks ago and started acting really stupid on air because JETS fans at the time said we weren't getting respect.

I mean, I never heard anyone act so childish on the air. He turned into a typical on air bafoon.

FTR, Mike&Mike in the Morning but switch back n Forth between Boomer.
    Both great shows with the Boomer show being a little "less corporate" and raw.

17. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

This fat fucking shit should be run OUT of New York. I'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than listen to his piece of shit show. If it has nothing to do with the Yankees, he has ZERO good things to say. I always thought Russo was out of his mind, but it was all because of this pompous asshole.

Anyone one else fed up with WFAN? Most of their lineup blows. I feel bad more Boomer Esiason, I think he's got potential. However, they put him with Craig "I look like a penis" Carton.

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I was in the car and heard Mike's rant. The Giant stuff was him being a typical ass when it comes to the Jets. That said he was on the money, in NY you STFU until you actually have done something.

I'm glad to see the media kill this team, maybe they will show some pride and focus. For the most part this team mailed it in last year with a shot to do some real damage and they got their asses kicked last night in just about every phase of the game. The score was close based on two gimmick plays on special teams and a phantom PI call. Time for guys to STFU and play some big time ball. Great defenses aren't smacked around like this team was last night.

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You said, I rarely listen anymore. He should just call it the Yankee Show.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I listened to Francesa's excoriating, sneering "Jets shut up!" opening to his show today. On the heels of it, a NYG caller chimed in at around 1:15-20 who made mention of Calvin Pace's "wildcat--Henne-clown-QB" comments appearing on the New York Times.com website. All well and good. But: without confirming the validity of that caller's contention, Francesa IMMEDIATELY (gleefully) then ran with it and was off to the races...

The point being that Pace's comments--courtesy of a JET-BASHING-CALLER--was "sanctioned" by Francesa as ordained knowledge without Francesa confirming its validity. Granted, Pace may've put his foot in his mouth with his "clown QB" comments, but as a journalist, you'd have thought Francesa would've at least had his staff confirm the "NY-Times.Com" quote before treating it as straight from the horse's mouth. That Chubbesa chose to gleefully run with it--in 'big blue' fashion--as "money-in-the-bank/truth be told" and then continue on his jet-bashing rant sort of says it all....about him....about his 'objective' journalisitic integrity. (101: confirm your facts first before 'running' with them).

The guy's work (during 9/11) was brilliant...and he's shown a great behind-the-mike ability to run with "a story." But today? Mike Francesa showed himself to be (at times) nothing more than a sneering, partisan fanboy.

Lastly, he just interviewed a Jet player.....and ho boy, did he ever dial down his obnoxious partisanship which makes me think that he's a patronizing, name-dropping, never-played-it walrus on top of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.