All the things you said the Jets would do well, they did none. No smack, just reality

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Totodestroyer, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

Hi Jets, I'm back here just like I said I would be but I'm not here to talk smack. I am here to open your eyes. Here are the random things I saw posted by jet fans on this board this week it goes:

1. You said Rex Ryan knew how to stop the wildcat and therefore your team would be able to also. I'm sorry, you couldn't... Please give credit to our Oline and our running game. No excuses will suffice.
    2. You said we wouldn't be able to run the ball on your guys, your defense was good. Again, what happened? Did you see Ricky cutting corners like he was in his prime? Please give credit to the oline again, kthanx.
    3. You said our overall offense sucked and that we wouldn't be able to score more than 10-15 pts since you held the Saints to 17 pts last week. Please learn to calm your expectations, I said my team had been underachieving the first three weeks and they showed it. All NFL teams have talent and anything can happen in any given game. Here's one to the ones saying that this would be a "cupcake game".
    4. The fans around this board said you would make Henne turn the ball over and be sacked 3-5 times at least. Wrong again, but coming into this week it would have ludicrous not to predict something like this. YOU were the ones saying that your blitzes were going to own us, I was saying( look up the threads) that our pass rush would suck. I guess our pass protection is coming along now.

5. Jenkins was going to own our center Jake Grove. Ouch? Yeah grove did commit a couple of penalties and yes he had help to stop Jenkins, but how else can you stop an elite mammoth of a man? Jenkins is sick.

Now I will go onto the points which should make you guys really happy:

1. Brylon Edwards, oh my god you guys finally got your receiver, i'm happy for you and it's going to suck to have to play you guys again in 3 weeks, specially with him in there. Kudos.
    2. Your team did not suck today, it was a hell of a game and the atmosphere at the stadium was electric. It was an awesome national showcase and the game ended in a shootout. Sanchez is for real, Brylon Edwards (first start new offense jesus christ) IS FOR REAL and your team is for real.

3. You guys got us coming up in 3 weeks at your house, i'm sure it will be the same type of game and my prediction unfortunately is that it will go your way in the end. Close game but it will come down to the last second and I see you guys taking it.

In conclusion, please do not take games for granted and respect the dolphins. I am not saying superbowl, I am merely saying we were underachieving big time and we let some big plays happen against 3 playoff caliber teams. I would just like for some of your to be more down to earth and analyze things a little better before proclaiming that you will come to our house and beat us down like it's a done deal. See you next game.

2. Jam.

Jam. Banned

No one knows why we couldn't stop you.

Congrats on the win.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

cool...you guys played a hell of a game, can't wait for the rematch

4. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

maybe give a little credit to our Oline which happens to be be one of the most expensive in the entire NFL?

5. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Okay, your O-Line. Fine, whatever.

EDIT: Your O-Line makes us miss tackles though, I guess. We just sucked all around on defense.

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I didn't realize there were more expensive OL's out there than ours, but I'm glad the way we haven't dominated the trenches this year.

7. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Sorry, no one here is going to kiss you or your offensive line's ass.

You won. Congrats. Enjoy it. See you in 3 weeks.

8. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

You're O-line played lights out. I think it's too soon to tell whether Henne is the real deal or not because man he had all the time in the world. On the TD strike to Ginn, Henne built a campfire and roasted a marshmallow before the throw. He seemed like a good manager...lot of check-downs and passes into the flat (but he did that well).

I think the jets were prepared to stop the wildcat, but you guys had so many different (new) looks. Patrick White came in, Ronnie Brown threw the ball, etc. I'd put the success of your wildcat on the o-line, which did a great job of getting in the way of the defense.

9. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

your o-line was ridiculous.....i couldn't believe the way they manhandled us for most of the game.

the play calling and missed tackles didn't help and kept drives alive, but for the most part they just completely outplayed the jets up front.

sucks to admit, but it was true.

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

You won , Congratulations but dont be to happy we still have to play eachother again.

See you Week 8 and dont forget to bring your girlie offense with you.

11. Ted

Ted Member

No doubt about it the Jets and Dolphins are the very near future's cream of the crop teams. No doubt the Pats stranglehold on the east is coming to an end. It was a great game that was full of unexpected twists and turns. Edward's surprised me getting in sync so quick. Sanchez and Henne will have many battles for years to come.

I am not going to wish you luck next week against the Jills because, although I hope they win, I suspect that the Jets are going to pound the hell out of them.

12. Ted

Ted Member

That girlie offense just punched your defense right in the mouth. :wink:

13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Yeah but there still a pussy offense and you have to live wit that and you cant be that happy with it i mean you are still 2-3 and just because you won this time doesn't guarantee a win in our house. Just watch them get kneed in the vagina come week 8.

14. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

Problem with the wildcat is you can only do so many things. You guys busted it out against New England last year and caught them off-guard. Today, you threw with Ronnie Brown (new), used Pat White (new). Unless your O-line plays like its on steroids from here on out every week, you won't be able to dominate with the wildcat.

Let's face it, you're team was much more fired up for this game than we were, just like we were more fired up for the Pats game this season. When the Jets come looking for vengeance, it'll be a different story

15. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I'm eating my words for sure. I'm really amazed at how bad our D looked - just totally flat. And it didn't seem like Rex adjusted to their scheme at halftime at all. Either the Dolphins are that good or our team is really not what it's cracked up to be. I really don't know. I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out over the next few weeks, but I'll be sitting here with an ill taste in my mouth until next Sunday at least.

16. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

Sorry to burst your bubble dolphins, but playing your best game of the season and barely won. Second, giving the wild cat too much credit. Too many missed tackles, defense played awful and on that final play, how you do not know they are going to run and dont stack all your 11 in there? That is bad coaching. The best play called was the roll out to get the ball to the 4. The blitz would of owned you, if it was used more than 5 times.

Defensively.....Dolphins are just terrible. Edwards owned you guys after just 5 days in this offense. Cotchery was just out there to be out there. Enjoy the superbowl win, the dolphins blow, the Jets just blew harder today

#16 XxAlbert84xX, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  17. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

Why is it so hard to admit that my team is better than you give it credit for? On any given day, a certain team will get the best of its opponent and today was our day to win. I give credit where it is due, yet you come in here with that attitude. It looks like you still haven't learned and if it continues this way you may be setting yourself up for a big big disappointment.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hats off to the Blowholes. Definitely deserved to win tonight.

19. Dolphan7

Dolphan7 New Member

I think our oline played well......but you have to give credit for that to the wildcat. When a defender has to think about which direction he is going to make his next step...that is all the hesitation needed for an offensive lineman to make his block.

If it isn't for the wildcat......our oline looks mediocre.

20. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

You won thats what i give you credit for, but be happy with the win. But the Lions and Raiders can win too, does it mean you are better, not at all. Jets lost to a bad football team