eating some crow...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Oct 12, 2009.

1. FinFan4Ever

FinFan4Ever Member

Not as long as Ronnie Brown is running it and now they added another wrinkle with Pat White. I admit that it'll be hard to replace Ricky when he retires but the fact remains that the ypc while running the Wildcat has gone up from last year. So as long as they aren't facing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, they're going to have some success.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It's gimmicky because not too many teams do it, and it's something new and non-traditional. Gimmicky might be the wrong word because you guys are clearly effective, more effective than I thought you would be against us, and the league hasn't really caught up to it yet. You guys have the personnel to run Wildcat, and you run it nicely.

3. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

Defenses will adjust to this offense especially if you use it as much as you guys seem to want to. Your qb will eventually not be able to rely on it and the whole house of cards will crumble. Fair and square the Dolphins won tonight, but when all you have is a gimmick in the end you will lose.

4. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

maybe 'gimmicky' was the wrong wording. but it's basically an option offense. the kind that's run when a qb can't throw well. it's not a normal nfl offense and i have to think that there's a reason not everyone's running it. if it's that good, the future should be 'the wildcat' but i can't believe it.
    that said, it's different and tailored to what the dolphins have and it worked. in that way it's a good 'o'.

maybe if the 'phins win next time, i'll change my mind.

5. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

regardless, the dolphins were the better team today. smarter and more effectual. great game.

6. FinFan4Ever

FinFan4Ever Member

But it's been two years now (a pretty good sample size) and only one defense has been able to shut it down. And how is that ALL we have is a gimmick when Henne had passing TDs out of the base offense.

7. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

Henne made a TD pass there is no arguing that. Now when his ineptitude started showing it was back to the wildcat which no one would argue with doing because it worked. Let's come to reality here though look at Henne on his own drives they broke down with the base offense.

8. FinFan4Ever

FinFan4Ever Member

Are you serious? It was back to the Wildcat because the defense COULDN'T stop it. Did you see his touch pass on third down or the bullet he threw on the other third down on the game-winning drive? I'm not saying that Henne is going to be the next Marino but the guy is no Jamarcus Russell.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Henne was damn good. He made some throws that Schaub, Brady, and Collins weren't completing against us. A lot of it has to do with how shittily our defense played, but taking away credit from Henne or the Dolphins' offense in general is ignorant. He made some great throws and some clutch throws under pressure.

10. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

Yes I'm serious. Was that a counterpoint?

11. FinFan4Ever

FinFan4Ever Member

Yes it is, you're saying he got taken out cuz of his ineptitude. He got taken out cuz the Jets D couldn't stop the Wildcat. Why would you have your QB drop back and pass when you can run down the defense's throat.

BTW, Henne attempted more passes than Sanchez.

12. Dolphan7

Dolphan7 New Member

It was a great game no matter what...typical slugfest between the Jets and Dolphins. You guys played well, just got out played by a Miami team that brought their A game.

I think you guys are going to do some damage this year with Braylon Edwards on your team. He just may have found his home. Good for you guys, bad for opposing defenses.

I feel good about the Fins, I think we can play with pretty much any team in the league.

I feel sorry for Buffalo next week!!! lol

We will see you guys in a few weeks in NY. That game should be another great matchup. I am not looking forward to that game.

13. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Ill eat some too...I said the Jets would win 21-9 and not in my worst nightmare did I think this D would give up 31 points.....if I heard that then I would've thought Sanchez threw 3 picks for TDs...I never thought this D could give up 31 to the Phins after holding the Saints to 10...hope we bounce back against the Bills or it will be a long year.

14. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

The wildcat worked, yes. Henne made good throws and bad throws. The wildcat moved the offense Henne did not.

How's that? Takes out all the guess work for ya.

15. Dolphan7

Dolphan7 New Member

Ah I think you were watching a different game.

Henne throws for 242 yards - hits Ginn for a deep TD, and hits Camarilllo for two key third downs on the final drive plus a bunch of other throws.

Yeah your right - he sucks! lol

16. FinFan4Ever

FinFan4Ever Member

Henne made some bad throws as did Sanchez. Very rarely will a QB complete 100% of his passes. Henne was 20-26 while Sanchez was 12-24. And it was harder for Henne as he gets taken off the field when they go to the Wildcat and then is asked to go back in there and make playes.

Imagine being out of the game on 1st and 2nd down and then come in and try to convert a third down.

17. DaPhinsPhan

DaPhinsPhan New Member

Tough loss

That was a hell of a roller coaster ride. We won because we scored last. 5 TDs in the 4th Q. You guys have a great football team. B Edwards is a stud. That trade is looking good already. Chad Henne vs Mark Sanchez looks like that match up will bring a lot of sleepless nights to Jet and Dolphin fans alike.

Hey Jet fans. Cheer up! You played a hell of a game, you lost in the last 10 secs of the game, you're 3-2 and still #1 in the division and you have Buf and Oak coming up. You will be 5-2 and will be at home when you get a shot at us again.

Here's a high five to all of you Jets fan. Well played. See you in 3 weeks.

Da Phins Phan

18. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

I agree Henne has a hard time ahead of him. I wouldn't want to be taken off the field, and it might stunt his growth. You can't have your cake and eat it too something will suffer. I'm not defending Sanchez either he made alot of rookie mistakes, but he's getting to make them. You can't learn from them unless you're allowed to make them. Henne had a good curve with the wildcat, that won't always be there.

19. Dolphan7

Dolphan7 New Member

Yah if you guys lose to either the Bills or the Raiders.......I'll be dissappointed.

I am not looking forward to the rematch in 3 weeks.

20. GoonBoss

GoonBoss New Member

Dolphins fan from Finheaven.com here. I have to say I was a bit shocked the game played out how it did. I honestly thought you guys were going to win, because I'm not very confident in Hennings play calling, and, I thought they would not let Henne even try anything remotely risky. I also thought your blitz would get to him.

I'm pleased the way the game turned out how it did, obviously.

That Edwards get was very, very big for you guys. Ironic that the Edwards/Sanchez, Henne/Ginn battle might be the story of the AFC East's future.