Rush Limbaugh Bids To Buys The Rams

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by cassie96, Oct 6, 2009.

1. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Honestly, 2 separate people in this thread have posted a total of 7 flagrantly racist and offensive comments from Rush (with a link to more.) How some people just refuse to read the truth is astounding to me.

I have no problem with Limbaugh being conservative...Woody Johnson was one of George W. Bush's biggest fundraisers and I think that he's a great owner. But Woody Johnson also doesn't have a demonstrated hatred of black people, while Rush Limbaugh does. I'm glad that the player's association has taken a stand against him--there are plenty of other rich people willing to open their wallets for a football team. If Goodell is going to attempt to impose strict ethical standards on players then it's only fair that the same standards are applied to potential owners.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

In his defense I posted it after he asked it but your post is excellent.

I'm just curious as I don't listen to this fat windbag but why does James Earl Ray deserve a medal of honor? He is one of the most disgusting human beings to ever walk the planet. I'm sure it was taken out of context

I guess in Rush's defense at least he "didn't rape and murder a young girl in 1990"

#42 Barry the Baptist, Oct 11, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Rush never uttered that quote about James Earl Ray. The first mention of that quote was back in 2005 by some liberal blogger who cited wikipedia as a source. If the quote was uttered by Rush back in 1998, why haven't we heard about it until 2005? No news articles, no backlash, nothing.

4. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

http://newsone.com/obama/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

when you have a top ten racist qoute list, odds are ur racist. If Limbaugh wants to buy a team it his right but its every player's right not to play for that team.

5. Barry the Baptist

Even if he didn't say it with after doing some research on it myself found the same thing which again was posted by another blogger but that still leaves the McNabb comments that we know he did make. I'm sure iot was the liberal media who made him say that and start poping pills.

6. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Limbaugh is a repugnant human being. If Goodell wants to be so tough on players, he should be just as tough on coaches, owners, officials, and everyone else involved in the league, and Limbaugh should have nothing to do with it. The McNabb comments, while not terrible, aren't the kind of thing the league should condone. Other comments, like Michael J Fox faking his Parkinson's for example, while not racist go to show how big a piece of shit this guy is. If you're really concerned about the image of your league, this is not a guy you want to invite to be a part of it.

7. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I never saw the McNabb comments as racist, just observant. I am not a Rush fan, but some of you guys will just go out of your way play your side of the aisle. Common sense is a good thing.

8. Barry the Baptist

I guess Magic Johnson is faking his HIV and and Patrick Swayze faked his cancer and his death as well.

9. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

Is this an aisle thing? Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

10. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

Your right the mcnabb qoute by itself its not that bad, but if u look at his history you start seeing a trend.

11. brothermoose

I don't see any of the board's known conservatives in here doing anything they can to bash the guy. It's just the bleeding liberals. If you spent some actual time on this board, you'd know that. I call them like I see them.

12. brothermoose

I agree, and I wouldn't attempt to argue otherwise. I just always felt the McNabb comment was blown way out of proportion. It's the same pinkos calling people who criticize Obama racist, that like to make a big deal out of the McNabb thing. I like to be a voice of reason.

13. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Whhooooooooottttt!!!!!!! Wow, you just owned this thread. You win.

14. cassie96

cassie96 Member

This has NOTHING to do with Dems vs Repubs.

Rush is just so full of himself AND full of vitriolic criticism.

He gets paid a ton of $$$ to be obnoxious....obviously, some folks enjoy that form of "entertainment." Puke. :rolleyes:

15. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

My wife would say I spend too much time but what does she know. My wife and I have the secret to making a marriage last. Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant, a little wine, good food. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.

Henny Youngman anybody?....

16. brothermoose

Haha, nice. I just recently got to hear some of his live material thanks to the magic of satellite radio.

17. cassie96

cassie96 Member

:rofl2::beer::rofl2:

Way to save a marriage! :up:

18. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Racism should have no home on either side of the aisle. I don't consider myself to be a "bleeding liberal" like you've branded me, but even if I was it would be totally irrelevant. When you tell a black woman to take the bone out of her nose, or label an NFL game as the bloods vs. the crips without weapons, that has nothing to do with politics. That is just hatred and ignorance. As I said before, Roger Goodell would never tolerate these types of comments (especially combined with the drug problems) from a player, and he should take a similar stand against a potential owner.

19. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

like there arent hundreds of other posters with avatars and signatures that have nothing to do with football or even sports. im guessing your a lib and offended. well im sorry the avatar and sig both stay.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's funny, I'd bet a large percentage of NFL owners are blue-blood conservative rich white men who have the same political views as Limbaugh. They just don't get on a radio station and talk about them.