I think those expecting a blowout are crazy...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Im expecting a blowout. See me after the game for my follow up....

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Like a previous poster said not entirely true, since 2000 we are 13-5 against the Phags.

New York Jets 20-3 Miami Dolphins 2000
    New York Jets 24-0 Miami Dolphins 2001
    New York Jets 41-14 Miami Dolphins 2004
    New York Jets 40-13 Miami Dolphins 2007

So I think we are due for a dominant performance against the Phags.

Most of those wins were away too.

3. Dolphan7

Dolphan7 New Member

I don't see this game as a blowout either way. My biggest fear is Snachez getting hot and hitting wide receivers over the middle, or a TE. That is our weakness.

I don't think the jets run the ball that well against us, so snachez will have to deliver the win via airmail - which is a possibility. My only response to tht is I hope our D gets in his face so that he can't see the open receivers.

As far as our O....I think your D is pretty darn good and I think we will struggle against it, especially passing. But running will be the key....I think we will be able to run on you guys all day...whether that translates into redzone points is another thing altogether.

It will be a grind it our game for sure.

No blowout.

4. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

refer to 2008 AFC wild card game to learn more. and that was with penny, not henne.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Please read the following excellent post-

6. Stracks

Stracks New Member

Anyone remember the 2000 Divisional playoff when Jacksonville destroyed Miami 62 to 7? Marino was benched in the 3Q after 2 picks and a fumble returned for a TD. It was so bad they turned on the sprinklers during the game.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Marino's last game, wasn't it?

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

yea that game was a disaster for Marino.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

God, the Jaguars game was great. I was watching that game with my friend who was a Dolphins fan, and a cocky one at that. Good times...

Sure, we could blow them out. That would not surprise me in the least.

What I see is the Dolphins throwing the kitchen sink at the Jets, with Pat White maybe seeing time, maybe Tyler Thigpen. They'll probably try to catch the Jets overpursuing because they know that otherwise, they're probably not moving the football. Should lead to some big plays on both sides.

10. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I think this is going to be a stomping. Miami really isn't a very good team. Without Pennington, they're just no good. Henne isn't gonna know what hit him.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

with Shep back, how is henne going to throw to his receivers? I don't see this kid having the time nor the talent on the receiving end to get downfield.

time to stack up on the run - put 9 in the box.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sheppard back, Lowery in rotation and at the nickel, Eric Smith on Fasano and Ronnie Brown... I can't imagine why anyone would pick the Dolphins to win this game. I can't wait until Monday night.

13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

personally...I went with the line and picked the Jets -2 over the Fish. I can't see a blow out either...but 2 points...I'll take that in a walk.

the Mezz

14. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Considering how the Jets have played against BETTER offensive rushing teams, and are still decently ranked 13th in the league stopping the run (still better than any of the teams you've faced) why are the Fins fans so sure running the ball on this squad will be a breeze?

In the same token, seeing that the Jets are ranked 9th in the running game (which will be the 1st good rushing O you'll face so far this year...and which we also accomplished with no deep-threat WR), why are Fin fans so sure that their rushing D will shut the Jets down on the ground?

And Dolphin fans, please, spare me the "any given Monday" reason. I want a logical reasoning why Fins fans are so confident they'll shut down the Jets ground game and force Sanchez to throw the ball with newly acquired Braylon Edwards running outside the numbers, and how that will work?[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't think most Fish fans realize this is a different Jet team from the ones they've played the last decade or so. They just can't imagine us stopping the run. I think they're in for a surprise on Monday night.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Take off your green shades buddy. The fins rush attack is UNSTOPPABLE and NO ONE can run on them. Those two ingredients are a recipe for success.

Pay no attention to the 1-3 record. It was just a bad luck streak.

16. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Miami is ranked 31st in the league in passing yds and is tied for 29th in passing TDs. Rex is going to load up the blitzes all day and bring down some serious hellfire on Henne in the backfield. Miami may have a decent run game, if you want to give them that, but that's all they have. The Rexecutioners should have a field day out there. I could easily see this turning into a friggin asskicking.

17. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

i really don't see what henne is going to do. his 2nd career start, and he already tends to overthrow guys. i could see ronnie brown taking more snaps, trying the stupid wildcar.

18. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

jets 41 phins 6

19. KleckoNamathToon

I'm sorry I don't have time to read through this whole post but I've got to go on record. Blow out, big time. And I must say it feels so great being able to have confidence in this team for a change.

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Why not expect a blowout? The Phins only have a run game..Ryan's def held the wildcat last year to 12 yards..yes i know they had different players, but who cares we have just as good players as the Ravens..

So how do you win football games in the offense? Usually you need two things you can count on..the Dolphins have one..The running game. Stop that and they have absolutely nothing except trying to throw and i'am confident our corners wont have a problem at all..I also predict two INTs.

So yeah i'am kind of expecting a blow out to be honest.. a 28 to 9 game.