Jets trade for Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Upon further review... I like the trade :)

We needed a #1 WR and we got one. Maybe we could have gotten a better WR in the draft but it takes time to develop so I'm happy we got a talented guy with experience in this league.

We gave away Trusnik, who will be replaced by Fowler (which was brought in because he is a great ST and an LB with starting experience), and Stuckey (which I liked as a slot WR, but even in a trade with Mangini you have to give away some talent). Plus I think Keller will get most of the slot duties when needed and Wright can become a serviceable slot WR.

All in all it's a pretty sweet deal... only thing I'm afraid of is Edwards contract demands... our priorities are re-signing Mangold, D'brick and most importantly Revis and I don't want to throw big money to Edwards.

2. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

thank god we got Edwards NOW we have a true number #1 this will only help Sanchez. Now he has a deepthreat and a bigtime redzone target GOD BLESS THIS TRADE.

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Some some crazy prophet stuff there.

4. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Great deal and we still got our first..I LOVE MANGINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

Exactly what I was thinking. We no longer automatically draft a top WR with our 1st rounder next year.

Think of this trade like picking up a top 10 draft pick for stucky, trusnik and a couple of later round picks. Sounds good to me.

Playing for the Browns is kind of like playing for a college team. Now he can play for the jets and see what he can really do. Its even better because we don't have to pay him top 10 money for 5-6 years if he is a bust. He's a 26 year old monster. This will be good for the Jets.

6. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

A trade for a 6'-anything WR is key. And speaking of Key, we haven't had a tall receiver since Meshawn. We've had a bunch of Rod Tidwells and that has kept our passing game down with an extra loss a year since Meshawn went sailing with pirates.

7. Stracks

Stracks New Member

Upgrade!
    Stuckey for Edwards. I guess Mangini didn't want Gholston?

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Mangini is assembling the 2008 Jets, maybe a trade for Favre is next...

9. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jets wasted no time getting this up for sale!

10. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

The first few pages of this thread are high comedy. I can't believe you idiots thought the deal was for Jason Trusnik alone.

11. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

You got to give up something to get something. I really liked Stuckey, but honestly this is a big upgrade. Edwards is going to like Rex Ryan.

:jets:

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

Well at the time Scheffter reported Trusniak only, so that's why everyone thought that was that. But as the details came out Stuckey was added on.

14. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Holy shit I'm so mad at myself for only finding this news now! I'm not reading 30+ pages, someone tell me exactly what we gave up?!

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm indifferent with this trade, to say the least.

First of all, bad QB (in Edwards/Quinn) or not, Edwards is tied (with Brandon Marshall, ironically) for the most on target dropped catches since 2007 with 30.

For what we gave up for him (Stuckey, sad to see him go, Trusnik, last weeks AFC Special Teams Player of the Week, the 3rd and 5th round pick, which annoys me the most), I really hope he delivers.

He does have the potential to have a much better career here than he ever did with the Browns though, so hopefully he takes advantage of it. "Sanchez to Edwards for the TD!"... it flows.

16. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

My Madden game just stepped up. (blackbiz)

17. Drew

Drew Active Member

Excellent deal. I'll miss Stuck, he would've been an AWESOME number 3, but Edwards is a no brainer. We needed to take a gamble to get that number 1 receiver we have lacked and now we got an elite playmaker.. when he wants to be one. I think Rex will whip his ass into the attitude he needs to have and e could see some crazy shit from Sanchez to Edwards in the future.

18. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Jets should have tried to substitute Gholston for Trusnik and get rid of Gholston's contract.

19. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

This is the happiest day of my life..